• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Easy Fix for LWC

SkyMason

Legacy Supporter 9
Same way donors essentially have -1 LWC until they place the chest then it turns to 0.
When someone buys an LWC make it give -1 until they place it :)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
The thing with buying lwc's is that it is only bought when making a new lwc. Not sure how this makes sense, but what i'm understanding is like buying lwc's for the future?

SkyMason

Legacy Supporter 9
No, It's the same way that the donor lwc system works. When your Persay a T4 Donor you have 2 Free LWC chest.
So in terms you start off with -2 LWC's And when you play it it goes +1 thus making it -1. So thus if you bought a LWC chest it would give you -1 until you placed it then when you placed it. You would then get +1

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
The thing is that you don't pay for lwcs until you placed the first two lwc's. I don't see the problem here.

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Hmm, not sure quite what skyzz is saying myself.

I'm unclear as to how the 'free' donor chests are intended to work.
Should it be:
a) if you never go above your free limit then you'll never have to pay, even if you move your lwc'd chests around (i.e. unlock one then lock a different one).
or
b) The first X lwc's you buy cost nothing, from then on you pay for every one (albeit at a reduced cost for donors)

At the moment it behaves like option a.
The weird thing is what happens when you go over your free limit: lets say you have 2 free lwc's and have already used both of them, when you lwc a third chest you pay for it. Later on you want to move one of the locked chests. Regardless of which chest it is, you have to pay to lock the new one.
However, if you unlock all of them you can then lock 2 new ones for free, after which they start costing coin again.

I think people are getting confused by this behaviour. They think that the 'free' locked chests should be able to be moved without cost (while the paid ones couldn't be moved without paying again).

Suggestions:
1) do away with the free lwcs (a reduced cost for donors is good enough)
2) or - somehow keep the 'free' lwcs separate from the non-free ones. Allowing a 'free lwc' to be removed from a chest and applied to a different one.
3) or - record a 'limit' for all players (donors start with 1,2 or 3, non-donors start with 0). When an lwc is applied the number of 'active lwcs' for that player is incremented (starts at 0). If the active count is less than the limit then the lwc costs no coins. If the limit is exceeded then the person is charged AND their limit is incremented by 1. <- basically this means that you 'but' an lwc once and are free to move at around from chest to chest at will.

Obviously I prefer suggestion 3 as it means people are free to move houses/towns without the overhead of buying new lwc's. However, it does mean that eventually everyone will have a surplus of lwcd chests.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The code isnt what we want -yet- however this is how it 'should' work.

Free (X) of LWC's per Tier.

If you are Tier 3 you get 1 free to place LWC. It is considered a "free" LWC - it can be moved and changed spots without having to repay it. IE - you could have 10 LWC's total and 1 of those is a "Free" LWC.

How it works currently... the "First" placed chest is free if you have free LWCs.

We're working with the dev to improve this system but its not something that we design ourselves.