• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dungeons

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't really think multiheartgold noes what unsaid and just keep disagree with what I said, if you really disagree, put down why.
I have almost no idea what you tried to type there, but if you bitch about why I Disagreed your post, its because I simply Disagree with the post, where you just start saying there should be no danger of death. If you dont like the Disagree, I can simply change it to F-Palm rating which might fit better.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Due to the nature of heroes we cannot modify the stats of mobs with command blocks.

Party sizes can't be done either until 1.5 when we have the new redstone mechanics.

As for exits being camped we could build in portals to spawn or something at the end of each dungeon to prevent this.

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
I want the exits camped and this is my explanation. This server is HARDCORE not hello kitty online if thats what someone wants i can send them a link... I bet u dont have any risk factor there. If there is no balance and doubt that u can just spend all day in a dungeon and leave u damage every other opportunity to florish pn this server. Allowing people to "camp" means people have to think before they run off to a dungeon am i geared? Do we haveenough people to make it out. Should i just farm mobs in a swamp biome. In this insyance u will have a large group of people teaming up for a common goal to get rewards go to spawn and recall. Honestly i would prevent recall in these dungeons too.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I want the exits camped and this is my explanation. This server is HARDCORE not hello kitty online if thats what someone wants i can send them a link... I bet u dont have any risk factor there.
So PvP throughout the dungeon and people being able to get in and chase after you through it is not good enough for you?

I'm just trying to lower the amount of no lifes ruining the experience by being lazy and just camping the exit expecting easy loot instead of putting in the time and effort of actually solving the difficult challenge of the dungeon.

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
Although it serves no purpose to gank people before they gain loot. Now at the end of the dungeon would u gain xp and coins or dropable loot

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Although it serves no purpose to gank people before they gain loot. Now at the end of the dungeon would u gain xp and coins or dropable loot
not yet determined but I'm thinking of trying to make a loot table

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
Offtopic but my poor spelling is because of my cell phone. I spend 12 hours of my day at work so my android chooses how i word everything and I dont really pay attention to it because it is difficult to read what I type on my phone during a 15 min. break every 3-4 hours lol.

Nightroado

Obsidian
On a different server I saw a plugin that generated dungeons across the map. They were huge and I could never clear one completely because it was tons of tightly packed corridors and rooms and the mobs were just relentless. You could throw down torches (although some areas torches just wouldn't make a difference), loot chests, and destroy webbing. Then every so often it would 'reset' (like once a week). As I got farther down, I started encountering rooms with lava and narrow paths across it. I never got past the floor that was a parkour thing, hopping across stones in lava, because some skeleton would always shoot me. The dungeon would only have one entrance above ground as a small cobble/mossy shack, was the only way to find the way in as the ground near the dungeons was always protected.

But I remember the server owner talking about it having a bunch of variable you could adjust such as size, what blocks it is made of, etc.

Spearhartt

Wood
Oh that plugin is so irritating. You're talking about catacombs. It never works half as well as it says it does and then it is just stuffed with mob spawners. In vanilla or McMMO this may be acceptable but it just doesn't work for heroes. :p