• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dungeons

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey guys. I tried to level up alot but its really hard and boring so i have a suggestion for you guys.

Dungeons : Dungeons are like mobs with levels and you need to kill them with party to get exp and make leveling funny.

Here is dungeon

Also dungeons will help learning or practicing your role (spec).

We have que thing and some arena thing so we can get dungeon thing too i guess.

Yeah I was about to suggest this, speak of the devil... I think it would be cool if we had some non PVP dungeons located in spawn. Maybe we could get some bosses and ore drops too. What do you think Kainzo?

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Like wow. Their is a system which you can only join when there is a tank, three fps and a healer. Then some bosses at the dungeon, can be divided into normal and elite dungeon. Which is self explainable. Then some mobs drops ore, so ores are renewable. Also the cd of joining dungeon should be long too.

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
If dungeons were to exist I would like to see full pvp dungeons not port in get stuff and recall out. I want a chance to die ok you can easily kill these mobs for xp and loot but someone could kill you for the loot or even better camp the dungeon in the first place.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
NO i dont want people to camp dungeons, and only one team could get in a time, of course a time limit to go through, you need to take your armor with you, no rejoining if dead. And when you die you dont loose stuff, but end up at spawn in half a heart .

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
but you see where is the risk? there is none in this instance. You die oh well you keep your stuff and do it again? there has to be a balance or it will ruin the economy

FuturizeHandgun

Glowstone
Honestly, dungeons are something that can be accomplished very easily with command blocks. Command blocks pretty much make dungeons dungeons now. I don't think Kainzo will personally make every dungeon, and most likely will create or use existent worlds for dungeons, as creating dungeons in Bastion will fuck with PvP as people will camp it. I think having entrances would be cool to have throughout, but with party requirement and what not. With command blocks and the huge community of map makers we have, *cough cough* Legacy*, it should be less work on Kainzo, and the coder's back. The only problem I see, is that people will get stuck within the dungeons and/or several parties stacked within one dungeon. Hopefully, if it is added to the server, it should be PvP disabled. I do enjoy the idea of having portals to the dungeons around the map, like herogates, people will try to fight over territory of the dungeon entrances. This might also be bad, because nobody likes to get killed after leaving a dungeon.
Your thoughts Kainzo ?

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Leveling needs to be more interesting, but we should instead increase basic quest offerings. Bringing back dungeons (MA's in which you walk through the level rather than huddle in a corner) will make leveling interesting, but it NEEDS a limit per day, or the entire map will be spent in dungeons.

If we use the NPCs that are scattered around spawn with a basic set of deliveries to NPCs in the wild, they could spice up leveling easily.

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
When i talk about a dungeon in minecraft i mean a protected region on say warshard 600 blocks out with mob spawners possibly a jump puzzle or unlocking a door via a lever and at the end a reward the xp would be lower because u are close to mob spawners but u could farm thrm for loot once a day get a reward for completing it maybe exp and it be full pvp enabled to keep farmers at bay.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
When i talk about a dungeon in minecraft i mean a protected region on say warshard 600 blocks out with mob spawners possibly a jump puzzle or unlocking a door via a lever and at the end a reward the xp would be lower because u are close to mob spawners but u could farm thrm for loot once a day get a reward for completing it maybe exp and it be full pvp enabled to keep farmers at bay.
The first part of your idea is good (the spawners, jump puzzle, etc.), but instead of PvP enabled, how about a time limit to get through? If you make it with a few minutes left, you can farm the spawners for that little extra xp, and if you don't make it in time, too bad? At the end, the reward could be a few gold ore, not enough to unbalance the economy, though. It would be so you could join once every 48 hours with one party inside at a time. If you were in a party and used the command to join, your party would join as soon as it was free.

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
I am sticking to my pvp idea i think for greater rewards greater risk is nessacary

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ultimately, yes we want "dungeons" - due to how Heroes is setup, its not quite easy for us to have any plugins.

I'll see what we can do, Danda is still leading the Dungeon team :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Ultimately, yes we want "dungeons" - due to how Heroes is setup, its not quite easy for us to have any plugins.

I'll see what we can do, Danda is still leading the Dungeon team :)
Actually I have a few ideas in the works that I'll be starting when I get some more free time so that I can properly manage the project. Architects I'll be calling for some help sometimes in the near future to assist with this =]

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm happy to give a hand at seeing dungeons FINALLY implemented properly (for those elites who remember sanctum and some veterans who still remember Sanctum dungeons).

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
I don't really think multiheartgold noes what unsaid and just keep disagree with what I said, if you really disagree, put down why.
Ah, and the one I put down disagree us because dungeons are meant for a team to go through by there own, if you can go to the dungeon anytime, there may be 4 teams fight in a dungeon and the whole system will corrupt. On the other hand, dungeon should PvP disable, cause you know that it is hard for dps to aim, so since there is only one team to play a dungeon per a time. Why not disable PvP?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Don't compare our dungeons to WoW dungeons/raids because that's not what they'll be.

They're going to mostly be puzzle/trap based with mobs inside. There will not be bosses or anything like that as there is no way for us to make them at the moment.

I design dungeons in such a way that multiple groups would be able to run through them as traps/puzzles will automatically reset once a team has passed through onto the next section.

Death is something that you should always fear, if you don't lose anything when you die what's the point it just becomes a minor inconvenience.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Actually I have a few ideas in the works that I'll be starting when I get some more free time so that I can properly manage the project. Architects I'll be calling for some help sometimes in the near future to assist with this =]

This sounds like fun! I'm in. Could be a good learning experience for me because I really don't know how to make traps except the most basic.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This sounds like fun! I'm in. Could be a good learning experience for me because I really don't know how to make traps except the most basic.
Sure if you're interested I could try and teach you some but I was mostly looking for people to help me with making it look good (I'm bad at that :p)