• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dungeons: Custom Exp Gain

Is it possible to change the amount of exp gained for mobs in a specific area?

If so it would be cool to make harder dungeons that had more/harder mobs in it that rewarded more exp for killing them but actually required a group of well coordinated people to farm. I have been in a dungeon where the mobs are easy to kill and don't spawn enough to really be a threat. I have also been in a dungeon where so many mobs spawned at a time that a single engulfing totem instantly replaced my entire chat history with mobs being slowed and we could barely make it past the front entrance from the amount of skeletons that guarded the first room. The only problem is they are all worth the same, aside from being worth a little more for being further from spawn, but one is much easier to farm.

The way it currently is set up certain dungeons are not even worth going into because that other dungeon gives you an easier time for only a little bit of an exp loss which you make up for by being able to kill more mobs in a shorter period of time.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Is it possible to change the amount of exp gained for mobs in a specific area?

If so it would be cool to make harder dungeons that had more/harder mobs in it that rewarded more exp for killing them but actually required a group of well coordinated people to farm. I have been in a dungeon where the mobs are easy to kill and don't spawn enough to really be a threat. I have also been in a dungeon where so many mobs spawned at a time that a single engulfing totem instantly replaced my entire chat history with mobs being slowed and we could barely make it past the front entrance from the amount of skeletons that guarded the first room. The only problem is they are all worth the same, aside from being worth a little more for being further from spawn, but one is much easier to farm.

The way it currently is set up certain dungeons are not even worth going into because that other dungeon gives you an easier time for only a little bit of an exp loss which you make up for by being able to kill more mobs in a shorter period of time.

Harder mobs, more exp; I'm pretty sure this will be covered once mythic mobs is re-added. They will also drop special loot depending on the mob itself (may link over to custom items).

Reasons to go to other dungeons; Kainzo did mention earlier a plugin will be introduced to respawn loot chests throughout the dungeons (if you've ever played DayZ on minecraft, it's something like that I think).