• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druids and HOTs stink, give me shields!

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
It can still exist if they take away some abilities and replace them with more interesting ones. If not, then I don't know if they'd even be able to make another new class that's better than Druid.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
From what I've seen of shaman, it's a healer with decent magic spells. Sound like a certain class? I'm not saying that druid should be removed, I'm saying Druid needs some more class specific skills. I'd like it to be a viable support, instead of a weaker wizard with heals that it is currently.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
noooo dont delete me from existanceeeeeee

Some additional druid skill ideas stolen from various games (dunno on programability)

1) Lifebloom - toss a healing seed at target ally (another fireball like projectile yessss!). The seed heals for 40 + 1x wisdom health over 10 seconds before expiring. However, multiple seeds can be stacked on a target, renewing the heal over time effect. Stacks up to three times. If stacked three times, upon expiration the seed will become overloaded and explode with healing energy, healing the ally and all nearby allies within 10 blocks for an additional 150 health. 40 mana cost, 3 second cooldown. Cannot be cast on self as a projectile, but could get some healing from explosion i guess.

2) Healing Spring - cause a healing spring to erupt at ground target location. The spring will pulse a heal over time effect every 2 seconds, healing all allies within 6 blocks for 10+ 0.25x wisdom health every 2 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds, 5 second cooldown so could make up to two springs at a time. 100 mana cost?

3) Stinging Swam - launch a swarm of stinging insects at your target, causing them to be greatly distracted, afflicted with slowness 3 and preventing the use of targeting abilities for 5 seconds. 100 mana cost, 15 second cooldown.

4) Pact of the cheetah - Grant your group the pact of the cheetah, increasing movement speed of your group by 100% for 5 seconds. However, anyone struck while under effect of the pact will be stunned for 1 second and lose the effect. 30 second cooldown?

Obviously these would have to replace some other abilities but they seem like they could be fun to use.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Some random/lore-appropriate support skills:

Barkskin: Decreases incoming physical dmg on an allies by X%
Mark of the Wild: target ally gets increased stats based on which animal you attune with. ( All share the same cooldown.)
  • Bull's Strength
  • Bear's Endurance
  • Eagle's Wisdom
  • Cat's Grace
Quick Sand: turns target location 5x5? into quicksand (soul sand)

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
ooo i like that quick sand idea. I think the area (much like earthwall) is too small though. Now 10x10, that would be fun ;p. I assume it might be more problematic to place a horizontal surface than a vertical though. Dunno if blocks can really be temporarily replaced, so i assume a 1 block thick mat of soulsand would spawn on top of the current elevation of blocks? would it cause anyone running on ground level to get stuck / start suffocating? lol.