• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid Rework Ideas

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Hello again:

While I was trying to think of some ways Druid would best be reworked, a very talented Herocrafter gave some (Basically all actually haha) pretty good ideas for the rework.

• Playstyle - CC mage/Healer Support

• Passive - Nature’s Balance

• The Druid has two states: Wrath, and Balance. Casting healing spells causes the Druid’s state to drift towards the balance side, while damaging spells will drift them towards Wrath. The druid gains bonuses based on which side they are currently on. More heals if on Balance, and More Damage if on wrath.

• Utility - Innervate, or Earthwall, or Gills, or Port.
    If innervate, maybe make it able to be targeted, and allow the druid to pick other allies to apply a mana refresh to.

• Mobility - Vines, or maybe something new. Maybe something that, depending on which focus of the spectrum you're on, you can either perform a targeted slow based on Wrath side, or a targeted speed boost based on Nurture side. Just an idea.

• Skill 1.0 - Ire.

• Self explanatory, but possibly drop the normal damage by quite a bit, given how quickly the spell casts and the mana cost, if we're staying to those numbers. Should move you along in the wrath side of the spectrum by some percent. 10-15% or so.

• Skill 2.0 - Soothe.

• Self explanatory, but like above, drop the normal healing to account for nurture. Cast time is a bit silly, especially when we compare it things like Infusion on bloodmage, however. Move them along the nurture side 10-15%.

• Skill 3.0 - Solar Ray

• More like a fire-based DoT. Maybe AOE, Maybe not. Move them along the wrath side 20-30%.

• Skill 4.0 - Rejuvenate Or Regrowth

• Self explanatory, and like soothe, set the numbers to account for Passive. Have it move them along the nurture side 20-30%

• Skill 5.0 (Ultimate) - Overgrowth

• The skill depends entirely on which side of the spectrum the druid is focused on. It should be empowered by how focused on one side the druid is. Maybe have it either set the druid to 0% focus, or have it set them to 100% focus on that side.
      -- If wrath focused: AOE Entangle, possibly a DoT, but a wide range entangle like you mentioned might fit better.
      -- If nurture focused: Possibly the missing AoE heal from the kit, but maybe have it be instantaneous, with a fast acting HoT afterwards.

When explaining their ideas they explained it to me as such,

“Basically I want to embrace the half-and-half nature that Druid is, and plays like, and instead of having it be good at both always 100% of the time, have it focus on one side. Not necessarily unable to do the other side.”

I'll probably end up trying to make a rework suggestion for every class. Please give me your thoughts!

@Kainzo
@Balance Team