• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid: Bolt -> MultiBolt

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree with bolt being replaced with an AoE damage spell but I don't think it should be pulse. Pulse reminds me of a wizard or an arcane caster rather than one with nature. I suppose one could just rename pulse to something that has to do with nature. I honestly like the megabolt idea. We could name this new skill: NaturesWrath

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
dunno what the intent is for druid, if people don't like it being a good 1v1 class, could just basically completely remove its damage skills and replace with utility.

could replace ire with "stinging swarm" - uses bonespear mechanic but instead of dealing damage reduces movement speed and / or chance to hit of targets struck

remove bolt, replace with thorns type ability - places buff on target ally that deals heavy damage back to anyone striking target, cannot be cast on self.

I don't really care if druid ends up as a great 1v1 class or not, but if its 1v1 ability is getting dropped, id like to see it get powerful utility like above to put it on par with cleric / bard as group support (just less heal, more "general utility")

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Druid is "allowed" to be a good 1v1 class, but there is currently limited counterplay to the Kite and Smite playstyle of the MouseOver single target damage + HoTs. And limited counterplay is boring. If I am wrong, always tell me.

edit: One thing to consider is if DarkBolt gets the proposed ~50% healing debuff changes in the Balance Changes thread, the Kite and Smite HoT playstyle should take a serious hit when facing pyro or a team with a pyro.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Druid is "allowed" to be a good 1v1 class, but there is currently limited counterplay to the Kite and Smite playstyle of the MouseOver single target damage + HoTs. And limited counterplay is boring. If I am wrong, always tell me.

Id prefer it be pure support and have no damage skills, just not sure that its capabilities are really all that OP rather than just a symptom of general minecraft combat kiting mechanic problems.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Druid was not meant to bring a large amount of damage to a teamfight. I can't say I agree with them having megabolt instead of, or in addition to, bolt.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Druid was not meant to bring a large amount of damage to a teamfight. I can't say I agree with them having megabolt instead of, or in addition to, bolt.
If some part of the Original post or other posts made you think "large(r)", let me know which and I will edit it to better reflect my intended meaning of "small(er)". This would be a change that would LOWER the offensive output of Druid both in real numbers (on fewer than ~5 targets) and by making the skill into a skillshot. Final implementation numbers would reflect that. The radius of the AoE skillshot would likewise be small enough, making catching a large (~5) number of targets in the radius nearly impossible.

Any comments on the reasoning behind the suggested change? see below
" there is currently limited counterplay to the Kite and Smite playstyle of the MouseOver single target damage + HoTs"
Any better way to address this? Do you think that said playstyle is "fun" (desirable) enough to justify the semi-overlap with BM playstyle?

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I've an idea for Druid:
I'm gonna steal the name from Dakinara: StingingSwarm
StingingSwarm: The Druid summons a swarm of insects to his/her aid, slowing up to 3 people in the targeted area for 1 second. Everyone in the swarm takes 40 DMG (+.50 per INT) per .5 seconds. Players and mobs are invulnerable to outside effects. Lasts 2 seconds.
CD: 14s

So about firework effects and how that'd happen:
Green and yellow fireworks go off around the targeted area, and keep going off for 2 seconds until the skills is done.
Obviously this would need tweaking.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I've an idea for Druid:
I'm gonna steal the name from Dakinara: StingingSwarm
StingingSwarm: The Druid summons
a swarm of insects to his/her aid, slowing up to 3 people in the targeted area for 1 second. Everyone in the swarm takes 40 DMG (+.50 per INT)
per .5 seconds. Players and mobs are invulnerable to outside effects. Lasts 2 seconds.
CD: 14s

So about firework effects and how that'd happen:
Green and yellow fireworks go off
around the targeted area, and keep going off for 2 seconds until the skills is done.
Obviously this would need tweaking.
no offence like ik you said it would need tweaking but with 0 int thus is more then an 29 int ire/bolt plz no buff