• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid balance changes

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
So at the moment druid is severely lacking in comparison to cleric, its only form of group healing is healingbloom, this heals the same amount as a cleric's divine blessing except it does it over a period of over 20 seconds rather than nearly instantaneous, this makes sense in terms of a druid's lore but perhaps the healing could be slightly increased considering the fact that it is over a 20 second duration. This is the main reason why druids are underplayed and everybody would rather have a cleric on their team, that and cleric also has group invulns, another group ability. Clerics also have 2 buffs a 15 constitution buff and a +5 to all attributes buff, yet another reason why druid is the inferior healer, druid does however get a 15str buff which is completely useless for the druid. Clerics also have a much higher base armor weight which makes it considerably tankier.

So overall what I'm asking for is a buff to a druid's groupfighting abilities seeing as it is supposed to be a support/healer class.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Yet you fail to see it has a 20% group damage buff, a very nice form off cc (earth wall and entangle), and added utility with port, rampartvines (great for raiding), camouflage, and gills. While yes it may be inferior to cleric in terms of heals, although still a great 2v2 class, if you stack all of the HoTs on one person, it outclasses cleric in terms of utility. Druid also has more damage potential (Ire and bolt) and will most likely be healing longer than a cleric as it has replenish. The +15 strength isn't exactly meant to be used on the druid, since it is a support class. I honestly think druid is fine although strengthening healing bloom and rejuvenate isn't a bad idea. Perhaps lessen the time of the HoT but allow for the same amount of healing?

On a side note, I'd rather have a druid on my team, I know several others who would agree.

Last edited:

JacobBurkey

Portal
@Wild_Porygon Don't disagree with a post if you aren't going argue it, especially if you're trying to whine about Druid being underpowered. Give a valid argument ^_^

Maggot713

Coal
A Cleric is a heal bot. Of course it heals better than druid. Druid has more utility, damage, and it's heals aren't that far below. Cleric has a 40 dmg spell, and you said the 15 str was useless for druid? What about that 5 str, 5agi, 5end, 5int? Cleric should heal more than any other healer spec. And druid does have good heals, better damage than Cleric, and Infinitely more utility than Cleric. I think druid is fine, and the two fill different roles.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Druid's healingbloom in my opinion should have an instant heal effect similar to regrowth's.
+1
After reading OP, and playing Druid (not even maxed yet, need more Data/Test server before ANY changes can be done to ANY class :p) I was going to suggest loading some of HealingBloom's Heal into an insta heal while keeping the majority of it in the HoT.
Regrowth is fun as a hybrid heal, and thats my biased reason for +1ing too, it would be fun to have the mechanic on a group heal.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Cleric is designed to be the best "GroupHealer". Druid is not meant to bring the same amount of "group healing" as the Cleric.

Druid is more about having a supportive presence, where that be offensive, defensive, combat based, or non-combat based.

Entangle, Earthwall, RampartVines, Port. These are all "supportive" type abilities that Cleric does not (and will not) ever have. Yes, Cleric has GroupHeal and GroupInvuln, which are very effective and very "supporty", but the idea with Druid is to bring a different "style" of support to the group.

Their value in support may not necessarily be combat based like Cleric, but they do have a supportive skillset. Their healing style is meant to be faster casting, but slower at realizing it's effectiveness. So they can spam stuff like Soothe and Regrowth, then get back to using other skills without having to sit still casting like Cleric would.

I'm not saying Druid is "balanced" (because I don't know), but I think your thought process is off in what you're asking for.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
in group healing, there is no contest, cleric is much much better. But that is fine, clerics need to be best at this to make up for their complete lack of any kind of offensive ability.

In single target healing, the classes are much more comparable. Sure, full heal is pretty sweet, but druid is generally more mana efficient due to soothe and replenish. Ultimately, if the devs could just make a slight rework to the single target healing system from one of the many suggestions provided, it would bring these classes a lot closer in usefulness for team fights. But for now i would always take a cleric in 5v5; 2v2 or 3v3 its debatable.

szatanista

Soulsand
#GiveDruidAPulse2014!

seriously tho how do you exp with druid >.> Its so depressing I couldn't do it.

JacobBurkey

Portal
#GiveDruidAPulse2014!

seriously tho how do you exp with druid >.> Its so depressing I couldn't do it.
Like someone suggested to you in-game, get someone to level with you who can kill mobs easily. I've seen people master druid with no problem and they didn't have to rage in chat about it.