• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dreadknight's Purpose

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Currently, all the warrrior specs have very defined roles: Paladin is a tanky healer support slayer, Dragoon is a mobility-focused dps platform, and Berserker is a dueler that can capably destroy nearly any other class 1v1.

Dreadknight, on the other hand, is a tanky caster-warrior hybrid with plenty of DoTs, skills excellent for shutting down an assailant, a powerful execution skill, and an AoE/DoT drain. A few of these skills are useful in replenishing your health, but not to any large extent. The attribute build of a DK is also suggestive of a large mana pool and abysmal mana regen. Dreadknight's have the makings to be powerhouses on the battlefield, especially in large battles, except that they are limited by their mana. Dreadknight's are currently restricted to smaller duels, sets of 1v1s or smaller team battles, until their mana is gone and they have to resort to melee attacks.

What I'm trying to get at is that DKs don't have a set role. They are out dueled by berserkers, they aren't as mobile as dragoons, and they can't benefit a team or tank as much as a paladin. What exactly are Dreadknights supposed to be? All I see is a class with a bunch of neat skills thrown together randomly with no goal in mind.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Currently, all the warrrior specs have very defined roles: Paladin is a tanky healer support slayer, Dragoon is a mobility-focused dps platform, and Berserker is a dueler that can capably destroy nearly any other class 1v1.

Dreadknight, on the other hand, is a tanky caster-warrior hybrid with plenty of DoTs, skills excellent for shutting down an assailant, a powerful execution skill, and an AoE/DoT drain. A few of these skills are useful in replenishing your health, but not to any large extent. The attribute build of a DK is also suggestive of a large mana pool and abysmal mana regen. Dreadknight's have the makings to be powerhouses on the battlefield, especially in large battles, except that they are limited by their mana. Dreadknight's are currently restricted to smaller duels, sets of 1v1s or smaller team battles, until their mana is gone and they have to resort to melee attacks.

What I'm trying to get at is that DKs don't have a set role. They are out dueled by berserkers, they aren't as mobile as dragoons, and they can't benefit a team or tank as much as a paladin. What exactly are Dreadknights supposed to be? All I see is a class with a bunch of neat skills thrown together randomly with no goal in mind.
IMO a dreadknight is supposed to be an anti-paladin that debuffs it's enemies. The problem is that ATM is feels like a tanky necro...a really bad necro.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
IMO a dreadknight is supposed to be an anti-paladin that debuffs it's enemies. The problem is that ATM is feels like a tanky necro...a really bad necro.
It has DoTs like Necro, and some similar skills. But it is different. Dreadknight has the power to shut someone down. In most cases they can take 1 person out of the fight very early due to the extremely high damage from Harmtouch-Empathy combo. It is not a bad Necro, the two play different roles. One throws on their AOEs and uses Bonespear, the other unloads everything on 1 person.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It has DoTs like Necro, and some similar skills. But it is different. Dreadknight has the power to shut someone down. In most cases they can take 1 person out of the fight very early due to the extremely high damage from Harmtouch-Empathy combo. It is not a bad Necro, the two play different roles. One throws on their AOEs and uses Bonespear, the other unloads everything on 1 person.
By bad I didn't mean as in the class is bad, I meant in the sense in that it doesn't fulfil its role. I just wish that DK would turn away from single target damage and have more focus on team-play.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I feel where you are coming from here with the DoTs, and I wish it was a debuff tank also haha.

And that makes Dreadknight kinda like a dueler, except for it is outclassed by Berserker in that regards. Except maybe that Dreadknights are more suited for taking out other casters or neutralizing healers. I really just want Dreadknight to have a more defined role: something along the lines of a debuffer/anti-Paladin as Malik suggested.