• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dreadknight

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
As most of us know, Dreadknights are one of the strangest and most underplayed classes. They have considerable tank, decent DoTs, support moves in ManaFreeze and Curse, and uses its own health in its damage skills, which are incredible damage-wise. However, everybody chooses Paladin, and why wouldn't they? Top-notch armor, good damage, a stun, and the real kicker, a 70% heal. The heal is really what makes it better in every possible way the Dreaknight, which is why nobody uses it. So, why not give Dreadknight a skill that takes Layhands and gives it a good old curb-stomp?
Dreadknight skill: Degradation
Target affected by degradation takes 40% less healing from all sources for 5 seconds
(Mana cost: 115) (CD: 40 seconds)
My idea of Dreadknight is that they are an anti-healer, twisting around healing skills to suit their team's needs.
Another cool skill would be one where they can invert healing for a VERY limited time on opponents, where healing actually deals damage instead of, well, healing.
This would establish Dreadknight as a sort of answer to the current metagame, being able to combat Paladins, Disciples, Bloodmages, and Clerics and as such would prove a valuable asset on any team.
Thank you for reading, and stay classy Herocraft. Suggestions in the replies would be fantasic ;)

Last edited:

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
This is along the lines of what I would love to see happen to the Dreadknight. Many people want the Dreadknight to be an anti-Paladin, providing debuffs and heal-breakers to the enemy. This skill would be a great step towards the direction of giving Dreadknight a defined role. Atm Dreadknight's are just kinda.. out there like a caster-warrior hybrid/tanky necro/caster killer.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd like it if it turned heals into damage, but den an ally cleric could just full heal dem and deal 4 hearts :(

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
This is along the lines of what I would love to see happen to the Dreadknight. Many people want the Dreadknight to be an anti-Paladin,
providing debuffs and heal-breakers to the enemy. This skill would be a great step towards the direction of giving Dreadknight a defined role.
Atm Dreadknight's are just kinda.. out there like a caster-warrior hybrid/tanky necro/caster killer.
I think it's supposed to vr a caster warrior hybrid and tbh it's not a caster killer I don't think, it's a tank that trades cc for magic damage instead in theory Paladin should be better for groups do to CC And Support but Cant compare anything to paladin cuz q stun, aoe forcepull, invulnerability skill, a skin to reflect damage, a stun that lasts a year, a 150 hp self heal on a 15-20 sec cd, a full heal with no
warmup, a horse to chase/run, high ass hp, a 200 - 250 heal, an aoe heal, high ass armor, amaZing damage

Funny thing is it was like this and still got a buff (horses) in haven, and people (Aka Dwarfers) have said it's kit is fine, welp dis is a dk thread not paladin but this is why you don't compare other classes to paladin