• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DreadKnight Ultimate - Horde

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Yes they have Harmtouch. They still need another cool idea for when Kainzo increases levels to 70.

Dreadknight's DreadAura allows for ridiculous healing when there are 5+ targets being hit, and the class has skills to allow the Undead to be their allies.

/skill Horde: The Dreadknight summons a horde of Undead to attack everything in their path, including the Dreadknight and his party.
100% chance for 10 Zombies, 35% chance for 5 baby zombies, 10% chance for 3 Zombie Pigmen.
Reagents: 300 Stamina, 9 Rotten Flesh, 9 Gold Nuggets (1 Gold Bar's worth). 15 minute Cooldown.

The healing and near-constant Aggro from DreadAura would allow the Dreadknight to tank around both the Horde and any unfortunate players caught within.
If you do not think this playstyle is possible, go to Test, make a Dreadknight build with around 20 INT, get to low health, and DreadAura around 5-10 mobs. Each tick heals several hearts. Or you can duel me on live, and watch as I summon all my farmer mobs and heal crazy ticks.

The mobs would ideally give Zero exp, but if they can be brought down to Mob Spawner xp levels I think that would be ok too.

Last edited:

Ultanian

Portal
I would rather see this given to Necromancers than dreadknight, dreadknights are mainly just warriors that scare others...

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I would rather see this given to Necromancers than dreadknight, dreadknights are mainly just warriors that scare others...
I anticipated this reply. Until Mobs can be controlled or added to parties, Dreadknight is the only class that has the skills that make it worth to keep fighting in a crowd of angry mobs.

Once Mobs are on the Player's team, then Necro should get several mob-based skills.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Um, this is stupid.
It may well be stupid, elaborate please.

I know it LOOKS unviable, but with the healing DreadAura, Dreadknights can take up residence safely inside these 10+ groups of mobs and movethe Horde using the AoE Agro from DreadAura. As long as the mobs live, they will provide Dreadknight with a decent heal, skillshot/mouseover shields, and potentially allies if the enemy players agro the mobs inbetween DreadAura ticks.

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
I think if fits into lore as well. I like the idea of a DreadKnight summoning a horde of undead to do his biding and if he/her needs to, absorbing their life energy to sustain his/her own! You've also taken consideration of the mana cost of this combination as it has none. This means to use both DreadAura and Horde it wouldn't completely drain a DreadKnight's mana.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
I fought many fights against @Dsawemd last night and I can testify that his idea is VERY powerful. On paper it looks like crap, but the amount of healing he received from nearby mobs was astounding. Many many fights I would drop him to the red and still be above 50% hp only for him to drain tank the surrounding mobs making it impossible for me to deal any further damage
Try it out, Dsa is right, it works

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
Dreadaura allows for ridiculous healing? Are you crazy, dreadaura's the most worthless skill on the server, though this idea would make it work quite well as long as you lowered the mana for the skill. If you were to do this I would suggest removing the limit of health you get from deadaura and make the mana based on the targets you're absorbing it from. Though my thoughts for a skill for dk would be to introduce shadowstep back. Kainzo also likes the move and doesn't know why it was removed and it gives dk that final buff which it has been needing, a slight increase in maneuverability, I would also replace dreadaura with harrow if I'm sticking to a personal note as dreadaura's function isn't very useful in general as even with that large mobs you'd still lose too much damage from the spawned mobs.

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
On a side note, necromancer once had an ability to summon 3 skeletons for a short period of time, the skill was later removed due to issues with the coding but I'm fairly certain it could be readded (though it would be a tad op to readd it now)

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
How does the agro work? Would the summoned mobs focus on one person every time? Would be pretty lame if they all just attacked the DK, as he would be closest.