• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dreadknight suggestions

My friend is a dreadknight and he was complaining about his skills and the cooldown timers on them.
In a new update the skill Harmtouch is going to be doing 20 damage, 10 damage less then what it was doing and its still keeping its 15 minute cooldown.
I think the cooldown is to long. 15 minutes for 30 dmg now 20 damage?

I understand a warrior class shouldn't be doing to much damage but when the samurai can hit with a diamond sword for 10 it doesnt make sense.

Honestly i think 20 dmg and a 5 minute cooldown would be fine. Only be able to use it in a single battle or so. Still not doing that much dmg compared to all the other dmg happening out there.

I think that drainsoul and harm touch should be switched as well. Harmtouch with its huge cooldown and seemingly nuke like qualities sounds much more like a lvl 50 ability. Where as drainsoul sounds more like one that would be much better to level with.

Let me know what you all think

OnixZ2

Stone
^agreed with everything you said.
I'm a DK and I mean really why does an attack that does 20 dmg need a 15 min CD when even with just my axe i can do that much in a few seconds? With fireball attacking for 8 dmg initially and with the ticks after it does 17 in total. Now I'm not saying fireball should be nerfed but I feel a 15 min CD on my only offensive ability until later levels?

Now on the other matter, I also feel drainsoul and harmtouch should be switched. Harmtouch is supposed to be my most powerful ability yet I barely get to use it. And thanks to the fact that I can barely use it, leveling takes even longer. If drainsoul were my level 10 ability I could easily level faster as I would not only use my axe but drainsoul as well. It would also tremendously help with leveling as it would give me small heals as I use it.

Alright, well then how about switch drainsoul for harm touch as to when you get it. I think its fair to get a nuke ability at the max level or near it. And allow dreadknight something to use more as they level up and give them a hand as opposed to having to wait every 15 minutes for the nuke to cooldown.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Personally I believe getting it early adds nicely to survivability at low levels, as levelling without Layhands for me would have been incredibly difficult. As such I'd imagine on DK, having that powerful ability at lower levels evens the playing field if you're going against higher leveled specs, at least until you can make it to 50 yourself.

OnixZ2

Stone
Personally I believe getting it early adds nicely to survivability at low levels, as levelling without Layhands for me would have been incredibly difficult. As such I'd imagine on DK, having that powerful ability at lower levels evens the playing field if you're going against higher leveled specs, at least until you can make it to 50 yourself.
I think you're forgetting DK's have as much hp as paladins. Meaning right now I'm at about 83 hp, id rather have an ability which I can use more than just once while leveling. With such high health i have no problem fighting others. But 20 dmg every 15 min for ALL of my mana is just a waste of a skill imo. Pretty useless since you want to use other abilities in battle too.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with this. 15 mins for a 20 damage skill is ridiculous. Layhands is 15 mins for a skill that can heal up to 110 hp in one use, and I see this fit for a 15 minute CD, but the skill just isnt worth the mana or 15 minute CD.

On another note, Samurai are a little too powerful for a warrior. 10 dmg with 80 something hp and can wear chainmail. They also get an invuln skill (to blades), and an extra dmg skill (Bleed) which can take out 15 added to their 10 attack. Warriors are supposed to be low/med dmg, while samurai take a huge leap in dmg, and are right underneath rogues.

OnixZ2

Stone
haha well even so, a 30 dmg attack doesn't need a 15 min CD. Honestly my whole point here is that DK's have a pretty hard time leveling when we hit for 6 hp and can use one attack up until level 40. And on top of that, our one attack takes all of our mana and can only be used once every 15 min. I just don't see the reasoning behind having their nuke ability be first and their most useful one last.