• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dreadknight Soulleech.

Graink

Portal
I've recently started using dreadknight's soul leech in PVE and I got to say it's pretty OP. It definitely needs a nerf for a level 50 skill. I'm dealing out 90 dmg over 20 seconds! That's 4.5 dps! I can kill a whole cow in just over 20 seconds, and on top of that I heal back a whopping 81 of my own health! As a dreadknight, I have 1080 hp at lvl 59 currently, and we have 10 hearts. This heal puts me up almost a full heart! Not to mention the warm up time on this bad boy. That should be raised to at least 5 seconds so I don't have time to pop off any other skills, or swing my axe for 50 extra dmg.

I suggest the damage be reduced to around 50, so it's just like swinging my axe once, but with a cooldown. Then the heal should be brought down to about 40. We can't have a class like dreadknight be both a tank and healer! That'd just make him more like a paladin, which is an entirely different class.

* I could post a video of me killing a cow if anyone's interested. It's ridiculous the power I get after level 50. It's no wonder no one comes to Sycamorium Gravkoc anymore.

Digger360

Obsidian
Its just like the insane buff that "terror" received! Before it restricted them to a 5 block view, with a 10% slow for 5 seconds! Its amazing how effective limiting someone to 5 blocks in melee combat is! Now I see it lasts for SIX seconds!

In order for balance to even remotely exist, it should have its range and duration reduced to 2.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Soulleech could use a buff, in battle that 80hp every 10 secs or so isnt usefull. I suggest increasing soulleech's damage/hp gain by double. If anything do it for bloodmages.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd honestly rather have nothing at lvl 50 than soul leech.
I say scrap harmtouch and re-buff everything else. Not sure if it would fix it but it sounds better than what we have now.

I mean currently, soul leech, mana freeze and terror are all just a waste. And you can't even use harm touch half the time.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I just remember pre-scaling. Soulleech was alot more useful. it seems like its half as much now.
and biggest nerf dk has received was the axe damage nerf. Ive said it before and i'll say it again. when your main weapon is nerfed it sucks.

Graink

Portal
I'd be happy with a harmtouch nerf and maybe bring back drain soul. Drain soul was what made DK so OP at the start of DG, but if it's range wasn't as far, and if harmtouch wasn't such a finisher, it could balance back out.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Graink said:
I say scrap harmtouch and re-buff everything else. Not sure if it would fix it but it sounds better than what we have now.

I mean currently, soul leech, mana freeze and terror are all just a waste. And you can't even use harm touch half the time.
Yes please.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
DK is fine where it is, I have played it for a month or so, there is no reason for it to be nerfed, maybe fix the fucking broken classes, COUGH COUGH BLOODMAGE COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH, also the rogue classes all need a look at as well, I would post this stuff, but no-one gives 2 flying fucks what I say, so I'll pass.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
SoulLeech will now heal 100% of the damage, now finishes in 18 seconds and does 25 dmg per tick.

For the armor and hp that DK has they shouldn't be doing uber damage anyway.

Graink

Portal
My posts were entirely satire, and I apologize for their sincerity. What I was thinking was soul leech is super under powered and completely useless. It's a skill I would honestly never use in any situation, because I'd take more dmg than it would even heal every time. Even in PVE it's useless; my point about the cow. If anyone thought killing a cow in 20+ seconds is OP, I'm sorry for your parents.

The best thing for Dreadknight would be a buff on soul leech (Or drain soul) and to balance it out bring harm touch down a bit. I like having different skills, but as I stated before completely unsarcastically, I would rather nothing than the currently useless soul leech. Rogues do need a balance though, Ninjas and Thieves are far too weak in my eyes. Especially compared to any warrior class. (I know, warrior>rogue) I just think the balance team needs to actually work on the warrior specs and not just play them all the time.

Graink

Portal
If anyone's still reading this * The programming team should work on a "Murder of crows" skill for lvl 50. Much like the beguilers exploding sheep, we should get a group of chickens we can throw on people that deal some kind of dmg. I think it's be cool anyways...

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
DK is fine where it is, I have played it for a month or so, there is no reason for it to be nerfed, maybe fix the fucking broken classes, COUGH COUGH BLOODMAGE COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH, also the rogue classes all need a look at as well, I would post this stuff, but no-one gives 2 flying fucks what I say, so I'll pass.
Bloodmages are better off than you think at this point.

Dread knights are "OP" and are pretty broken at this point. A tank shouldn't deal out as much damage as they do right now. They are supposed to be the ones that disable their targets with fear. Atleast, that's their description on the Wiki. They need fixed.

But that doesn't go to say that the rogues don't need help too. (I've been playing Dread Knight for awhile now too)

Aetosion

Obsidian
What shit needs?

DK - Derp nerf + Skill buff
Paladin - Derp Nerf
Dragoon - Classy
Samurai - Moderately Classy

Ninja - Classy
Thief - Derp Buff
Bard - Moderately Classy
Ranger - Drop Arrowstorm as Kainzo wants, fix shit with Icy, throw in a new sexy skill. Etc.

Druid - Classtastic
Cleric - More mana mayhaps?
Bloodmage - Classy post-bloodboil /soul-drain range Nerf
Disciple - Needs a Nerf, SkillMeditate makes them a bitch to fight- they never run out of mana/Stam if played right. Dem Blazerods sexy doe.

Beguiler- Needs more useful skills
Geomancer - 2 mennei sloowsssssss
Wizard - classyish
Necromancer - Classy
Lost Soul - Needs a DPS Nerf

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Spartan, you obviously have no experience with balancing, DK is fine where it is ahahahaha, the only way a class is op, is when they can win any 1v1 with no effort, cough thief cough cough disciple cough

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Thief is fine, in a 1v1 vs a warrior spec they can't win without an extremely amazing fight and a little luck.