• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dreadknight Change

Rhapsodist

Legacy Supporter 5
http://puu.sh/kTZg7/80782089c2.png

Obviously damage per second of CD isn't everything. Mana cost, Stamina cost, warm ups, side effects all play a large part, and I get that.

But looking at raw numbers, there's no need for the cooldown on Harmtouch to be 8 MINUTES.
I understand that it's a melee class
but look at Paladin and Dragoon. Both have short cooldowns, and have much worse side effects as well (Pull/Slow and Mana Drain respectively)
I understand that it's not quite a full melee class, that it has Caster vibes as well
but look at literally every caster. Those are their level one skills. Thats insane.

Granted, those caster skills have to be aimed, and so the damage makes sense, as they are not always going to hit.

Still. Having out main Magic Damage skill locked to basically once per fight is a bit much when you compare it to other classes.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
http://puu.sh/kTZg7/80782089c2.png

Obviously damage per second of CD isn't everything. Mana cost, Stamina cost, warm ups, side effects all play a large part, and I get that.

But looking at raw numbers, there's no need for the cooldown on Harmtouch to be 8 MINUTES.
I understand that it's a melee class
but look at Paladin and Dragoon. Both have short cooldowns, and have much worse side effects as well (Pull/Slow and Mana Drain respectively)
I understand that it's not quite a full melee class, that it has Caster vibes as well
but look at literally every caster. Those are their level one skills. Thats insane.

Granted, those caster skills have to be aimed, and so the damage makes sense, as they are not always going to hit.

Still. Having out main Magic Damage skill locked to basically once per fight is a bit much when you compare it to other classes.
Not sure if I understand your chart. For the most part, it looked like you picked the "bread and butter skill" for the class, but for the warriors, the skills listed on the chart are not. I agree that the cooldown could probably be decreased, but comparing the raw numbers of random skills for each class shouldn't be the reasoning behind it.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I can't believe people are still trying to reduce the cd of harmtouch, you guys still aren't satisfied with 8 minutes? down from 15? Jeez..

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Having out main Magic Damage skill locked to basically once per fight is a bit much when you compare it to other classes.

Did you completely neglect the utility of it where it slows and reduces the target's healing for the duration of said slow?
Considering the "plus X" you put next to everything else, I can only assume so. 90% of those additional effects are DOTs, one's movement of enemies. This is completely different side utility.

Rhapsodist

Legacy Supporter 5
Did you completely neglect the utility of it where it slows and reduces the target's healing for the duration of said slow?
Considering the "plus X" you put next to everything else, I can only assume so. 90% of those additional effects are DOTs, one's movement of enemies. This is completely different side utility.

Do you feel that a slow, and a heal reduction, while also, I'd like to point out, doing 100 self damage, is worth an 8 min cool down?

Not sure if I understand your chart. For the most part, it looked like you picked the "bread and butter skill" for the class, but for the warriors, the skills listed on the chart are not. I agree that the cooldown could probably be decreased, but comparing the raw numbers of random skills for each class shouldn't be the reasoning behind it.
What skills would you compare with it? Keeping in line with instant cast and damage dealing

Last edited: