• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dread Knight Thread

JZillifro

Soulsand
I am currently a Dread knight level 45 and think the class is a tad lacking compared to their Paladin/Samurai comrades, I wish to help the class as a whole but don't know exactly what their specific role(if any) is. My main problem with them right now is that with all their abilities they need to have lots of hot keys/binds and need to be able to access them quickly and effectively to be even close to the deadliness of a samurai who mainly just blade grasps and whacks away.

Here's how a fight between me and a samurai goes:
1. We charge at each other, I activate endurance and begin to whack.
2. The samurai uses blade grasp.
3. I respond with a curse and we await the moment when we can hit again.
4. I get one extra hit in but it doesn't make much a difference because of my damage
5. I use decay and keep whacking but I fear I am near death
6. The samurai finishes me and I ask him how close I was to winning, and as usual the response is as such: "about half health
7. I compliment him on the good battle and hope to get better by our next.

I personally think us Dread Knights need a bit of a buff to our attack power or health, maybe a better more unique skill that we can really rely on.

Thanks for the time and please post any and all suggestion to new skills and ways to help/balance Dread Knights.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Dreadknights are the 'caster' type tank - that rely on drainsoul, etc. There are areas that do need to be bumped up on this one, mainly the damage in DOTS and skills.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Mind if I ask what exactly endurance does? Also I know level 45 shouldn't be a lot different from 50, but I'm willing to bet that drain soul will make a HUGE difference.

Edit: Now that I am looking at the numbers for drain soul on the wiki, I gotta say it seems REALLY strong.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree that DK's need to have more of an emphasis on brute force, While Paladin focuses on survivability, DK focuses on killing his oponents.

JZillifro

Soulsand
Thanks for the info/support guys, I really like the class i just think we need a little more damage, and I've thought the same thing about drain soul Diffuse, lets hope its right. Maybe move drain should to level 30 or 40? to me it seems like one of our backbone skills, just like fireball is the backbone for casters.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Bladegrasp does not effect Skills - only melee swings (or it should - *checks*). Holding back your skills while he's in bladegrasp is the wrong choice here. You should probably try and have decay active at all times. also No harmtouch usage?

EDIT: hmm might need to fix bladegrasp

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
What is the tick damage for decay? Also, how long does curse last for on the target?

I'm considering becoming a Dreadknight myself.