• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoons & Stamina

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I think that Dragoons right now have to high stamina cost I believe by just making jump cost mana would be a fair deal considering that 1 jump and then 1 impale or spear would almost get us down to 4 stamina... I believe by just making this one little change could help replace Dragoons just a little more because right now they aren't super underpowered but they aren't that good either so.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I didnt say it was good but it isnt horrible either it is below the average of most heroes dude learn to read please.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Templar_James I honestly think right now the class is fine. The fact that they can move around quickly and jump around, and not to mention slow people, it works out well. Not to mention the fact that dragoon has decent damage, and hits very hard on 60% of the classes.

I dunno, maybe it's not the class doing something wrong, maybe it is you.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think that Dragoons right now have to high stamina cost I believe by just making jump cost mana would be a fair deal considering that 1 jump and then 1 impale or spear would almost get us down to 4 stamina... I believe by just making this one little change could help replace Dragoons just a little more because right now they aren't super underpowered but they aren't that good either so.
Any stamina using class has those problems. Personally, a Windwalk and Bleed will leave me with 4 stam aswell. I don't complain about the stam cost though, as stam regens quickly.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Dragoon is good for stamina in my opinion as jump only costs 3 bars (6 stam points) which is VERY low for a skill with such high movement, spear which also only takes 3 bars (6 stam points) is also a fairly low cost skill, the only one that I find to have a high cost (A well deserved high cost) is impale which takes 6 bars (12 stamina points) but for a slow it's still a good cost skill.

macura

Diamond
Dragoon is good for stamina in my opinion as jump only costs 3 bars (6 stam points) which is VERY low for a skill with such high movement, spear which also only takes 3 bars (6 stam points) is also a fairly low cost skill, the only one that I find to have a high cost (A well deserved high cost) is impale which takes 6 bars (12 stamina points) but for a slow it's still a good cost skill.
Dragoons do have high stamina costs (aside from jump), especially for the low amounts of damage that they deal, but the stamina costs are at the level that they should be.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Stam regens much faster than mana. It is something you should plan out, wait a little (you can use arm swings to add in damage) and then plan your next set of moves.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Use a skill combo for different situations instead of spamming every single keybind at once. Will spare you a lot of Stam.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Use a skill combo for different situations instead of spamming every single keybind at once. Will spare you a lot of Stam.
Agreed, as a dragoon I reserve stamina for impale, spear and jump as they are the 3 you really need, spear and jump are both situational, I use impale whenever I get the chance and the other 2 bash + strike barely do more than my basic attack. The only time I tend to use bash is when people are charging up their skills and I never use strike as it's such a stamina drain.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Learning to manage your resources (stam/mana) is what separates average players and great players. Dragoons have excellent control of when they want to be in open combat and when they wanna fall back to recoup.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
You use Jump and Impale and your at 4 stamina and you complain?

You have to be efficient in stamina use more than mana use because it regens faster than mana and is used in larger chunks, and because it is tied with sprinting. All classes do this (except those without stamina skills).

If a ranger switches shots and back once (like back to Ice after DoTing targets with poison) we are at 1 stamina, and probably have enough mana for 2-3 more skill arrows. Can't switch arrow skills if you think you may need to sprint at all in the next 5 secs.