• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoon's Jump and SuperJump

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Okay, so as I am a Dragoon, I today got SuperJump. After playing around with it for a bit, I got a little idea that could be added to the two skills, Jump and SuperJump. Add a minor AoE damage to Jump and SuperJump. So, when you used Jump, you would cause people around the place you land into take damage (maybe 50 damage that passes armor for Jump, 75 or 100 for SuperJump). This would make people choose using Dragoon's signature moves for combat instead of escape. And as Dragoon commonly seems to have stamina problems, with this you could only choose using mobility or use your basic combat skills to cause more damage than the mobility. So basicly, Jump and SuperJump should cause damage to the area they land in, so they would be used for combat instead of escape.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I thought tremor was a Dragoons AOE skill? Given that it does 95 damage at level 60, giving people at level 10 (the level you get jump) an AOE skill that does 50 damage seems a little too OP.

Also, if this were the case, then jump/super jump would be used for both combat and escape, as the cooldowns are only 5 seconds/10 seconds.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I thought tremor was a Dragoons AOE skill? Given that it does 95 damage at level 60, giving people at level 10 (the level you get jump) an AOE skill that does 50 damage seems a little too OP.

Also, if this were the case, then jump/super jump would be used for both combat and escape, as the cooldowns are only 5 seconds/10 seconds.
Tremor is more like a knockback skill than damage skill imo. It could also be made as a passive skill where Jump and SuperJump do the damage, and add that to lv 55-60. The common use of Jump and SuperJump is why I thought about making the damage really small, so it isnt too powerful.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
If I remember last map they had a passive that did AoE from fall damage be nice to see it back

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
They had charge last map where you could jump to an opponent and deal damage. Unfortunately, it was broken so I don't know how easy this would be to implement.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
If dragoons had this, I would switch from pyro that I just played 500c to respect, just to go goon. Grew at idea.

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
In my opinion, this is a great idea, just a hard hard thing to implement.

c12095

Holy Shit!
This has been suggested many times over the years, sadly Kainzo has said each time that it is not possible. Something about tracking where the player lands.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This has been suggested many times over the years, sadly Kainzo has said each time that it is not possible. Something about tracking where the player lands.
Why not just an AoE damage of around 50 as soon as the player jumps? If it's too hard to code upon landing.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Okay, so as I am a Dragoon, I today got SuperJump. After playing around with it for a bit, I got a little idea that could be added to the two skills, Jump and SuperJump. Add a minor AoE damage to Jump and SuperJump. So, when you used Jump, you would cause people around the place you land into take damage (maybe 50 damage that passes armor for Jump, 75 or 100 for SuperJump). This would make people choose using Dragoon's signature moves for combat instead of escape. And as Dragoon commonly seems to have stamina problems, with this you could only choose using mobility or use your basic combat skills to cause more damage than the mobility. So basicly, Jump and SuperJump should cause damage to the area they land in, so they would be used for combat instead of escape.
Interesting idea, but I don't think it should really be implemented. Dragoon is already a relatively strong class, and I do not think we need to give people any more reason to cry about them.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Interesting idea, but I don't think it should really be implemented. Dragoon is already a relatively strong class, and I do not think we need to give people any more reason to cry about the class.
As far as I have seen, the only thing people really cry about Dragoon is the fact that most people go Dragoon just so they cant get engaged in PVP.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
This is a great idea. It is not that big of a buff because 50 hp is not that much. It is cool because if you jump on someone then they acre going to get hurt.
Why not just an AoE damage of around 50 as soon as the player jumps? If it's too hard to code upon landing.
If we had that AoE around 0.5 seconds after then it would be perfect.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We won't be adding any damage/special effect to Jump.

Superjump is possible to add damage - but its really not "easy" to do. If another dev wants to take a look at adding in AE to the area where you land - I'm fine with that. andrew2060

wasn't that second part exactly what he said?