• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoon - New move: Dash

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I realize people hate on Dragoons as it is, and this thread will get pooped on, but I will post this anyway.

I would like to suggest a new skill for the dragoon, Dash. Name is up for change of course, but the move in essence would be similar to the jump skill, but more horizontal. The Dragoon would dash forward say 5 blocks, bashing it's target backwards X amount of blocks. Small amount of damage, perhaps with a stun effect.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe something like this to replace jump and a damage skill but imo no. It has enough mobility, and kill potential

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
You disagreed my post? what u think goon needs more mobility? And that they cant catch anyone so they need a stun?

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with the mobility, that's why it would be a short jump with low damage.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I know but he's better at ermmm how do I put this... Expressing his thoughts then I am.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
@malikdanab speak about dis :p
I guess I have been summoned...
Not really worth speaking or making a big deal about, a was a simply idea
I have time :p

Lets break dragoon down. High mobility and damage allows it to hit hard then escape a tough situation. Adding a skill like this would allow someone to dash to the target, deal a bunch of damage, then escape with jump before the opponent can retaliate. Also, all current stuns have a downside. Paladin and Pyromancer's have a warm-up and Berserker's does self-inflicted damage. This would be 3 in one (Lunge, knockback, damage.)

Dragoon already has plenty of good skills. The last thing it needs is more mobility.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Maybe something like this to replace jump and a damage skill but imo no. It has enough mobility, and kill potential

To be honest, I don't see how removing one of the main aspects of Dragoon is a good idea. Also, in all fairness Goon doesn't get anything new from lvl15-lvl35 which demotivates leveling.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
To be honest, I don't see how removing one of the main aspects of Dragoon is a good idea. Also, in all fairness Goon doesn't get anything new from lvl15-lvl35 which demotivates leveling.

You are right, the jump skill is a requirement regardless, replacing it would be foolish. The way I had arrived at this suggestion was while jumping around thinking; why can't I jump around like this but attack while doing it?

This would be a smaller knockback, less damage, single target version of tremor. Stun seems like too much to add to such a skill, so scratch that. Essentially this would be a faster version of tremor, received at a lower level.

RagingDragon5

Portal
The skill itself isn't bad, but I don't think they should get another mobility skill unless jump is altered. If they make jump a target ability so you jump towards the person then I can see this happening.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
They wont make jump targetable people would bitch about it taking the fun out of goon, If this was added goon's chasing would be even better
which it dosnt need and it would overall help goon work its way straight back into bastion goon.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
The skill itself isn't bad, but I don't think they should get another mobility skill unless jump is altered. If they make jump a target ability so you jump towards the person then I can see this happening.
They wont make jump targetable people would bitch about it taking the fun out of goon, If this was added goon's chasing would be even better
which it dosnt need and it would overall help goon work its way straight back into bastion goon.
A jump that functions differently whether or not you're in combat is something balance has been talking about for a long time to deal with a class that quite frankly has the single greatest mobility skill in the game. It would make a goon commit to a fight instead of running every time. It would solve so many problems and the only argument against it currently is "no fun man ".

Sorry running this thread slightly off topic. =]

Last edited:

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I never thought of it being a target skill. What I had in mind was (if possible) I would aim towards a target within 5 blocks, use skill and be launched forward and if contact is made a hit is landed. No upwards launching, just dash forward 5 blocks, striking a target for X and pushing them back like Bash X.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I never thought of it being a target skill. What I had in mind was (if possible) I would aim towards a target within 5 blocks, use skill and be launched forward and if contact is made a hit is landed. No upwards launching, just dash forward 5 blocks, striking a target for X and pushing them back like Bash X.
Oh god...this is worst than I imagined. Does goon REALLY need this? The class already has balance problems and you just want to add more skills to it?

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh god...this is worst than I imagined. Does goon REALLY need this? The class already has balance problems and you just want to add more skills to it?

Chill Out

Now, if you'd like to add something constructive to the conversation, by all means. Otherwise, the adults are speaking. You have already expressed your opinion on the matter.

The way I have seen the Dragoon so far: High mobility but unable to withstand much damage and acts as a finisher of wounded, fleeing targets. The build I use is more balanced to actually be able to fight fairly against several classes, but cannot jump 20 blocks in the air with the first jump skill. On ground I am able to catch up with people and can evade some attacks, but I cannot just leap 20 blocks high to escape.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Chill Out

Now, if you'd like to add something constructive to the conversation, by all means. Otherwise, the adults are speaking. You have already expressed your opinion on the matter.

The way I have seen the Dragoon so far: High mobility but unable to withstand much damage and acts as a finisher of wounded, fleeing targets. The build I use is more balanced to actually be able to fight fairly against several classes, but cannot jump 20 blocks in the air with the first jump skill. On ground I am able to catch up with people and can evade some attacks, but I cannot just leap 20 blocks high to escape.
All I see is someone who wants praise of their idea. Stop your condescending attitude and take some criticism.

Dragoon is already plenty mobile. When suggesting something, you need to think how it will affect the class. You have not expressed in anyway how you would change the class to accommodate this new skill. It is in my opinion, adding this skill would make dragoon op. So unless convince me other wise, I'll keep disliking it.