• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Jump

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Aww, that's too bad. The timing-based safe landing was an awesome side-effect. 20 (right?) mana per-landing and it stays in character. Practically half the fun of having Jump.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
Ah you make a good point, Jump will now check to make sure the block under you is not air :p

the problem with that is that if you use jump while on the ground you go straight up and lose 3/4 of the jump length. with that check jump is not nearly as effective

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
the problem with that is that if you use jump while on the ground you go straight up and lose 3/4 of the jump length. with that check jump is not nearly as effective
And that too, although I get the feeling that it's backwards- the original intended effect was the sort of height you get from using it while on the ground. Something about being airborne when you use it propels you further. Either way, this check is going to nerf Jump considerably.

Sleaker

Retired Staff

Jump angle is based on view angle. angle your view up about 45 degrees while you're running, it does miracles. The original effect pushed you backwards if you aimed down. the changes now make it goes up to 45 degrees based on the angle of your pitch and only forward.

You can't exactly use standard jump while in the air now can you? sooo doesn't make too much sense to be able to use the new skill while not on the ground does it?

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
is it on the server yet like this? or the test server? i would love to try it out

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
odd, when i face forwards and do that or at an angle i get shot almost straight up with minimal forward momentum. i go around 2 blocks high and 1 forward. sprinting barely changes that. maybe it is lag on my end? there doesnt seem to be any lag...

c12095

Holy Shit!
Jump angle is based on view angle. angle your view up about 45 degrees while you're running, it does miracles. The original effect pushed you backwards if you aimed down. the changes now make it goes up to 45 degrees based on the angle of your pitch and only forward.

You can't exactly use standard jump while in the air now can you? sooo doesn't make too much sense to be able to use the new skill while not on the ground does it?

The problem is, when you use jump without jumping normally you only gain a few blocks distance, unlike if you jump and then use jump skill where you actually get some distance. You can aim all you want with the mouse, however if you are not running, jumping, and then skill jumping, you get 2-4 blocks distance with 1-2 height.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I sorta preferred it with being able to jump eve if in air, id did take some getting used to. However, the forward propulsion seems to make it more useless each time and has less room for failure

c12095

Holy Shit!
it doesnt push me forward :( not sure if i like it anymore...

Yea i'm with you Elmeerkat, jump kinda blows. I either jump up or I jump foreword 2 blocks...
What made jump actually move us was the fact that we jump before hand, now this is like a hop :(

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
That's true. When the server is reacting slowly, there are times when the only thing that happens is a mana decrease.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
sorry for my stupidity and awfulness at using google correctly, but what is TPS.

EDIT: is it lag basically?

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
ahh, makes sense now. i agree with you guys, this happens to me quite a lot when there is server lag (or a low TPS i guess?).

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
ahh, makes sense now. i agree with you guys, this happens to me quite a lot when there is server lag (or a low TPS i guess?).

Just to explain it a bit more regular single player minecraft with no lag runs at 20/20 Ticks per sec. So the lower the tps the more lag we are having.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
yeah i got that but usually when i think of lag i think of internet connection and i'm pretty sure that tps is more of the machine, not the connection.