• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragongarde antagonist idea

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
This is something I'm working on for my Loremaster application.

Please do not post underneath this.

=====================================================================

The Moonlight hit his back like the radiating sun during the day. He walked across the fields he had created, towards his house, admiring all he had done. Approaching the housing, made of wood and stone, he set his things down by the door. He took a moment to pause and collect himself after a long days work. The light illuminating from the window onto his face. He put his hand on the doorknob and took a deep breath, opening the door.

"Damion?" shouted a feminine voice from the back room "Damion is that you?"

"Yes love!" Damion replied. A lady with long brown hair and red eyes that flickered like fire walked into the room. Damion smiled as he looked at his lover.

They had met long ago back when the souls first ventured to Dragongarde. Damion had built this house for them for they wished to raise a family. It took him many cycles of day to finish their house. He endured through attacks from bandits, creatures, and the harsh weather as he built his home and a farm soon followed. Determined to bring their wishes true he stayed strong. Everything was peaceful for a time.

She set a plate down on the table of cooked chicken, melon and bread. Damion immediately started to eat as his lover smiled and turned back to the counter.

"How was your day?" She asked him.

"Long and extremely tiring" he responded between bites of food. "I was able to harvest enough wheat to feed the animals and we got enough to keep some in stock for a good while. I'll be making a trip tomorrow to the trade district." looking up from his plate his face turned grim. His lover had collapsed on the floor. She was conscious but could not move nor speak.
Damion rushed down and picked her up, carrying her to their bed. He stared at her looking deep into her red eyes afraid and scared.

Over the next few weeks, while she had been able to start talking again, her health was slowly getting worse. Her hair once long and brown has started to fall out. Her skin turned black with decay and began to rot away. He had asked her if it hurt but she would always say it wasn't that bad. Damion had stopped going out to tend for his crops. He had enough food inside to fend for them and he couldn't risk leaving her alone. Druids, Clerics, Disciples and healers alike would line up at their door to see if they could help. Each one coming up shorter then the last for answers. Each night Damion would pray, hoping to be heard, to the Zo. He knew that if anyone could help her the Zo could.

One day Damion was forced to leave his lover. "I wont be long." He promised her. "I need to run into the Trade District. We've run out of milk and coal for the fires."

She looked at him, the red sparkle in her eyes seemed almost at peace. "Okay love. Be safe. I'll be fine." She smiled and then started to cough, spitting up blood as she lay back down.

Damion walked out the door taking his first strides outside in many weeks. His crops were all but what they used to be. Fruitful pumpkins and melons had withered and dried up. The wheat he had planted shriveled away from what it once was. Looking towards his barn he saw a hole in the fencing, knowing his animals had either escaped or died of starvation. He dared not look inside the barn. He stood in the middle of his farm, or what was left of it, and took a deep breath. Everything he had worked for had changed that night.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
A wind from the north began to blow, snowflakes blew past him as he stood trying to hold back tears.

"Snow? Here?" Damion said with a surprised expression on his face.

The snow began to increase along with the wind, however it seemed that Damion was unaffected. Soon he was encased by what seemed to be a flurry of snow but he felt no cold. As he stood there, protecting his face from the snow, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He felt comforted, like a wave of serenity had whisked away all his worries. The snow that was once blowing froze in mid-air.

"You need not worry Soul." said a voice from behind him.

Damion slowly turned around and saw a person dressed in a black robe with a red hood. He stared into where there would be eyes and could only make out the shape.

"You.." Damion said slowly.

"I am. One of many. We are known as the Zo." said the hooded person. "What is your name?" the Zo continued.

"Damion, and you?" he responded.

"My name is not important. I was called here by your purity. Your want to protect." said the Zo. "I am here to look at her. Please show me to her." the Zo added.

Damion in an almost sprint ran to the door. He flung it open and ran into their bedroom where the Zo was already looking over his lover. She was asleep completely content. He turned around and looked back towards the door, then back at the Zo.

"Do not be surprised." said the Zo looking at the sick woman.

Damion walked over to the bed and looked at his lover. Her legs were completely rotted they looked black as night. She was skinny, almost frail as her bones stuck out of her looking like they would rip right through her skin at any point. Her hair or what was left of it had turned grey. He dared not wake her from her sleep.

The Zo reached over her body, hands together and a strange glow emitted from her hands. It had a blue tint to it as it slowly grew brighter, Damion covered his eyes, as the Zo increased the power. In a bright flash of blue light the Zo emitted all its power into the girl. With a loud deafing boom, the Zo was flung back and thrown through a wall. Damion ran over to the Zos side who seemed to be in a state of shock. This is was out of the Zo's control.

As Damion helped the Zo off the ground, his lover began to wake. She looked at him and called for his name. He rushed to her side as she held out a hand to him, shaking, barely able to hold her arm up. She smiled at her love, the one thing she knew would always be there for her.

"I saw the flash. Blue light. I do not hurt... I just want sleep." she said softly to him.

Damion shed a tear. A tear of sadness. What he had always feared would happen was upon him. His lover looked at him and wiped the tear with her boney finger. Damion looked up and met her eyes with his. She took a breath and with it her arm fell. Her body had gone limp. He had lost his lover.

Damion let out a scream. One that would only be mustered by a grieving lover. He stood and turned to the Zo who was standing behind him.

"She will be in a better place." said the Zo. "I'm sorry, there was nothing I could do."

The Zo moved her hand and pointed at the body of the lifeless girl. The body started to dissipate into small blue orbs and float into the Zos finger. Damion watched this process and within a moment, that seemed like eternity to him, his lover was completely gone.

Damion followed the Zo back out of the house, into the middle of his dead farm. The snow in the air still suspended where it was. Not a word was said between the two. The Zo snapped its fingers and within a second the snow fell to the ground, however this was not normal snow. When the snow touched the dead plants, they came back to life. His whole farm brought back to life. Damion was stunned. He took a moment to look at the life in the farm, something he hadn't seen since his lover was still healthy. He fell to his knees and began to cry.

By the time Damion had overcome his emotions to move from that spot the sun had started to set. The Zo was long gone and he was alone. The Zo had disappeared in a blink of an eye. Damion walked into his home and got ready for bed.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
By the time he was ready the sun had gone down. He climbed into his bed and lay in the dark. He started to cry, tears fell onto his pillow. He stayed awake crying for hours on end. Damion turned and looked out the window by his bed. He noticed there were no stars in the sky. The night was pitch black, the darkest he had ever seen.

He rolled back over and looked at the spot where his lover would lay, another tear falling down his face, and closed his eyes.

"Da...mi...on.." a faint voice echoed in his head.

Damions eyes immediately sprung open as he sat up in his bed.

"Who is there?" Damion said frightened. "Speak!"

"Damion..." the voice said more clearly.

Damion got out of his bed and stood at the edge listening carefully to the night, yet not one sound was heard within the house.

"I feel your pain." the voice echoed within his mind. "I smell your fear." it continued.

"W..Who are you?" Damion said out-loud.

The voice laughed, a deep twisted chuckle. "You wonder why the Zo did nothing to help. Why they let your lover die, why they took her life.." the voice said.

"No! The Zo, they tried to save her! It was helpless. I saw it all, the blue light..." Damion said.

The voice let out a big booming laugh this time. "You really think they tried to heal her?! The light was a sham Damion. Let me show you the truth."

Damion opened his mouth but before he could object, a vision played for him in his head.

He was floating over his bed, watching everything in what seemed like slow motion. The Zo over his lovers body, instantly there was a flash of light. As Damion watched himself cover his eyes from the blast. The Zo took out a small silver weapon with blue etching and stabbed his lover, she was then thrown against the wall, concealing the weapon all before Damion had the chance to uncover his eyes.

Damion fell to his knees. "I...why..." he muttered

"Simple Damion... they don't care. For anyone, or anything in this world, but I... I can help you." the voice said with a sharpness.

"What do you mean? Shes gone... and they took her from me." Damion said as he punched the floor and let tears stream down his face.

"I can bring her back to you. Of course... for a small favor..." the voice said in his head.

"Anything. You name it." said Damion. "They cannot be allowed to go around doing this to everyone! Someone must stop them!" he shouted.

"Step into the middle of the room." the voice commanded.

Damion did what the voice said, he stepped to the middle and immediately felt a presence around him.

"Now. KNEEL." he voice shouted.

Damion was immediately forced to his knees. He looked up to see a small shard of a blade in-front of him.

"Take the blade, cut your hand and smear the blood in-front of you. Only then will I accept your offer and return your lover." the voice said.

Damion took the blade in his hand. He hesitated a bit looking at the blade. After what seemed like forever to him, he sliced his hand. "For you love.." he muttered and smeared the blood in-front of him.

"YOUR MINE NOW!" the voice inside his head yelled.

Damion immediately snapped his head up with wide eyes but he couldn't move. The floor started to absorb him like it was eating him alive. Damion was pulled into the ground. Drug downward through the Dirt and Stone, through lava. His mind flashed with pain, suffering and torment. Images of death and sins of the past flew through his mind. His skin was burnt, and started to form a red tint to it, he grew spines around his arms and head, his eyes turned black with only red dots for pupils. His nails became talon-like and sharp, his teeth pointed and tipped red with blood, the lips became nonexistent.

In a burst of fire he was spit out of the ground. He stood in the spot where he swore himself to this voice. He was no longer Damion.

"Rise my Warrior. Go. Teach this world was it means to suffer. Show them doubt. Make them doubt what they hold true! CRUSH THE ZO." The voice commanded. "You are now .. Az'Yekarn."

The newly formed being walked to the door. Smoke rising off its body as it walked into the middle of the farmland. Az'Yekarn looked around, he saw the farmland with all the life it had. He put on a small grin and let out a deep demonic roar, raising his arms to the sky as the plants around him slowly lit on fire turning to withered plants and dust.

With a vile laugh Az'Yekarn took a step and disappeared.

No one knows what happened that night. Some say he killed himself by burning himself alive, and some say he just skipped town. One thing is known, no one has seen Damion or Az'Yekarn since.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woo!

That's it folks! My piece for what Victim and I have been talking about. I'll be using this for my loremasters app, I also hope to talk to some people and get the next stage of this rolling.

I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I look forward to continuing to work with everyone on projects like this!

:)

-Rumblestikk

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I love it so far and with a finished product, I'm sure you will be let in. I can't wait to work with you in the future because our ideas seem to be similar when it comes to this sort of thing!

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I like ti so far, its well written, I'm looking forward to the finished product. While I already had an antagonist in mind, I'm always willing to listen to community ideas. Keep up the good work :)

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Been dealing with school stuff, also waiting to get a hold of someone so I can write the rest. It will be coming shortly however.