• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

downgrade fail. help?

underdown

Air
just yesterday i tried to downgrade my minecraft to what this server runs on and i ended up messing up my minecraft and spending 7 hours trying to fix it. i have now come to terms with the fact that i will probably have to wipe my macs harddrive. i have two problems. 1 i need to wipe my computer with out losing my operating system and all the important files my computer needs to run with(i no longer have my os x cd).2 i cant wipe windows 7 which i am running through boot camp. any help on how to do that would be much appreciated.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Just delete your minecraft folder and reinstall, no need to wipe your entire hardrive!

underdown

Air
i tried that. i pretty much deleted any file on my mac that was even a little related to minecraft and when i would re down load it, it still wont work. the reason is because i screwed up else were with an mcpatcher then lost it and it stayed in its brocken state even when i re download it. i dont really mind wiping my mac i have been planning on anyways. also are the servers down i havent been able to get on, on my pc.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
We've updated to the 1.2 patch, so use port 25565 with the most up to date version to play.

Also, that may be up/down randomly as we try to work out why bukkit/1.2 is lagging our server to hell.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
If your still having a problem you didn't delete everything related to minecraft. I'd tell you what folder to look in and how to get there but you said you're on a mac so i have no idea where your files would be stored here. The way you would know you got a clean delete is when you load up minecraft and it doesn't know your username and you actually have to type it yourself. Then you know you got a clean install for sure. (at least thats how i know when i've gotten a clean install)

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Are you sure you deleted every MC related file, even inside the Library/Users/Application Support folder? Gotta love Macs... :icon_razz:

underdown

Air
:icon_biggrin: i dont think i have ever been this excited in my life. cant connect right now but hope to soon. thanks for letting me know.

thanks for the help guys. i will keep on serching for those files. they have to be some where i guess :icon_razz: