• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Don't be confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albattal

Dirt
Albattal - How much experience do you even have with Herocraft? Have you even joined a town? Done anything other than roam the wilderness and maybe make a hidden base somewhere? Have you experienced the community that is way better than many other RPGs?
Not too much experience, but I actually take the time to read stuff so I am not stupid. I know about the features, and I know that there is stuff that needs to be added.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
As for trade, that isn't much to be proud of. Trading doesn't mean much. People sit there with over 20,000c in their banks and have nothing to do with it. Not only is there nothing to buy, but there is no reason to buy anything. Sure they could pay for town upgrades, but there will still be money left over. The trade district, last time I checked, had very few shops. RS, on the other hand, pretty much always has things available for you to buy, through the GE.
At what point did I say we should be proud of it? I was only proving your idiotic statement that these things didn't exist was wrong.
Do we have any of that in HC? Unfortunately no...

The only ''Roleplay'' (through communication) aspect of the game I can think of is standing outside of a town shouting ''LO undefeated'' or ''GG TC''.
What about town politics, alliances, enemies. There is roleplay whether you see it or not. It may not be super detailed where you describe you full surroundings and actions but it is there, you are playing as your character and you are playing a member of a town you are attacking people because they're enemies of your town.

While it may not be the stereotypical role play it is there.
I even admited that the Role play forum was under used but it still proved your statement to be false. As for you claiming that lore isn't used there are posts from Thursday there.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
To the author of this thread, have you spent any real time on the server or are you just basing your opinions off of a few moments logged in?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/role-playing+game

a game in which players assume the roles of fantasy characters

This is exactly what you do when you become a class and play, when you join a town and watch it flourish and grow to be a kingdom. The definition of a RPG has nothing to do with quests, lore, pvp, etc.

In WoW you are not forced to do "anything" and yet it is a RPG by your standards. WoW has quests, as did we until the plugin decided to take a shit on the server and cause issues. WoW has pvp, as do we in the form of skirmishes and world pvp. WoW has lore, as do we to a point. WoW has dungeons and raids, to a point we do now when a Zo decides to cause havoc on the land. WoW has races which is not an exclusive element of a RPG.

At the purest form, we are a RPG server. We may not have EVERYTHING you want to see, but the server is constantly evolving. I suggest giving it a chance before you write it off, but it seems you have already done that without spending any real time on here.

Albattal

Dirt
To the author of this thread, have you spent any real time on the server or are you just basing your opinions off of a few moments logged in?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/role-playing game

This is exactly what you do when you become a class and play, when you join a town and watch it flourish and grow to be a kingdom. The definition of a RPG has nothing to do with quests, lore, pvp, etc.

In WoW you are not forced to do "anything" and yet it is a RPG by your standards. WoW has quests, as did we until the plugin decided to take a shit on the server and cause issues. WoW has pvp, as do we in the form of skirmishes and world pvp. WoW has lore, as do we to a point. WoW has dungeons and raids, to a point we do now when a Zo decides to cause havoc on the land. WoW has races which is not an exclusive element of a RPG.

At the purest form, we are a RPG server. We may not have EVERYTHING you want to see, but the server is constantly evolving. I suggest giving it a chance before you write it off, but it seems you have already done that without spending any real time on here.
Again, my gosh. I was saying this to new players, lots of players expect the gameplay (the gameplay that I stated in lots of replies I did, go check them, I don't want to state it for the 5th time) of what most RPG's offer, but that is not what this server does. I did say that towns and classes are RPG aspects, but that does not make it nearly an RPG server. Once again, it is like a survival server, with a few RPG aspects. One more time, it has only vaguely been described of what the server truly is, and that is not a RPG server.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Again, my gosh. I was saying this to new players, lots of players expect the gameplay (the gameplay that I stated in lots of replies I did, go check them, I don't want to state it for the 5th time) of what most RPG's offer, but that is not what this server does. I did say that towns and classes are RPG aspects, but that does not make it nearly an RPG server. Once again, it is like a survival server, with a few RPG aspects. One more time, it has only vaguely been described of what the server truly is, and that is not a RPG server.
So new players shouldnt play on this server just because you are ignorant to all the facts that prove Herocraft is an RPG server?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

But I have shown you that your idea of what a RPG is, is not truly what it is. You are claiming you need to have x, y and z to be a RPG game/server when that is false. I have shown you the definition of what a role playing game is and HCO whether you wish to admit it or not, is by definition RPG. The purest element of what makes something RPG is done here.

Albattal

Dirt
But I have shown you that your idea of what a RPG is, is not truly what it is. You are claiming you need to have x, y and z to be a RPG game/server when that is false. I have shown you the definition of what a role playing game is and HCO whether you wish to admit it or not, is by definition RPG. The purest element of what makes something RPG is done here.
Your definition is your definition. The definition that everyone else sees, is a fact.

Albattal

Dirt
So new players shouldnt play on this server just because you are ignorant to all the facts that prove Herocraft is an RPG server?
New players that want to experience a true RPG shouldn't play. As I stated earlier, it could be a good towny, survival, or other type of server. Don't call me ignorant, I have proved you wrong multiple times.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
New players that want to experience a true RPG shouldn't play. As I stated earlier, it could be a good towny, survival, or other type of server. Don't call me ignorant, I have proved you wrong multiple times.
The only thing you have proved is that you believe everyone should agree with your opinions. You claim people arent allowed to join the server because YOU dont like the server. And yes, you are ignorant. You say this is not an RPG server, even though you ignore the meaning of "RPG" and dont care about anything told to you about it, instead ask people to re-read your old posts, while you could actually throw in some facts that arent the same "There arent enough things I think an RPG is/There is too much survival" styled complainings.

Albattal

Dirt
Responses may be late now since I am going to play some minecraft with my friends.

D
The only thing you have proved is that you believe everyone should agree with your opinions. You claim people arent allowed to join the server because YOU dont like the server. And yes, you are ignorant. You say this is not an RPG server, even though you ignore the meaning of "RPG" and dont care about anything told to you about it, instead ask people to re-read your old posts, while you could actually throw in some facts that arent the same "There arent enough things I think an RPG is/There is too much survival" styled complainings.
Don't care about what I have been told about? That's why I have replied to people about why I personally believe they are incorrect. Plus I am bringing up cold-hard facts of why it is not an RPG, call me ignorant all you want. There are some knowledgeable facts said in here, and some not, an you are definitely not bringing up knowledgeable facts. Now if you will excuse me: "Responses may be late now since I am going to play some minecraft with my friends."

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Your definition is your definition. The definition that everyone else sees, is a fact.

Except I linked you the dictionary definition of a role playing game and all it stated was:

a game in which players assume the roles of fantasy characters

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/role-playing+game

So because someone has a different definition then you do on something, even when her definition is backed up by a dictionary, they are wrong? Must be very lonely at the top kid.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Closing this - as it is not bringing any good topics to the table. If you want to complain about the server mindlessly, please do so elsewhere.

If you want to make changes and or ideas for changes - feel free to create a topic on it. I think I'm more than fair here :)

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.