• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Don't be confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albattal

Dirt
Well, you are a new player. You are looking for a good RPG server? This isn't the one. Well, they are probably going to ban me for posting this but I am just trying to show you it isn't worth it. Well first, no races. What is an RPG with no races? The only RPG aspect of this server is classes and maybe towns. It is NOT an RPG server, it is a survival server. You will be looking for a town and dying and dying. Then you will make an app or you will just join a town without an app. OK. Once you join the town, you may raid people. THAT'S ALL YOU CAN DO. There is no valid RPG aspects. Classes are probably the only things that are slightly close to being an RPG aspect. So, when you go on you are going to be looking for supplies and food and health and living. To conclude, let's put it this way.

WHAT IS A FACTION SERVER WITHOUT FACTIONS? ANSWER: SURVIVAL. WHAT IS A 'RPG' SERVER THAT ONLY INCLUDE CLASSES TO MAKE IT AN RPG ASPECT? A DESPERATE SURVIVAL SERVER.
Remember, I have used cold hard facts. All that's gonna happen is your gonna die.
Begin the bans. I have only been banned by one server, and I am simply giving my opinion.​

Zidane

Gold
Everyone is wrong...its a MMO RPG server.

Heard of Runescape? You can go day in and day out...leveling and do nothing else. Actually the game started as that; does this mean it is not a RPG? Not at all, you are ROLE PLAYING...either a Runescape neutral hero or a Herocraft lonesman/clan member.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Your loss, man. This is an awesome server. Are you just upset about the "hardcore" aspect of this server?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Everyone is wrong...its a MMO RPG server.

Heard of Runescape? You can go day in and day out...leveling and do nothing else. Actually the game started as that; does this mean it is not a RPG? Not at all, you are ROLE PLAYING...either a Runescape neutral hero or a Herocraft lonesman/clan member.

While yes you have levels in Runescape, you also have tons of quests, minigames, LOTS of PvP, a huge range of abilities to work on, dungeons, NPCs... and the list goes on. These are all elements which make up an RPG. Races can be one of them, but Runescape has made up for this. You ''ROLE PLAY'' much more in Runescape than you do in HC. Players interact with characters through quests, make contributions to the lore, participate in a market (The GE), ect ect. Infact, i've seen people literally ''role playing'' (Like, acting as a follower of a certain diety) on the Runescape forums.

Do we have any of that in HC? Unfortunately no...

I'm sorry, but I too can't see much ''RPG'' quality in HC. Yes we have leveling, and skills, but they are very basic. We've had dungeons, but they are now gone. Quests and dungeons are SUPPOSeDLY being worked on right now, but it's been long time since i've seen anything actually added. Such additions to the server would be great.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I would like to see you turn a Minecraft server into a RPG game like Runescape, if Herocraft isnt enough RPG for you.

Albattal

Dirt
While yes you have levels in Runescape, you also have tons of quests, minigames, LOTS of PvP, a huge range of abilities to work on, dungeons, NPCs... and the list goes on. These are all elements which make up an RPG. Races can be one of them, but Runescape has made up for this. You ''ROLE PLAY'' much more in Runescape than you do in HC. Players interact with characters through quests, make contributions to the lore, participate in a market (The GE), ect ect. Infact, i've seen people literally ''role playing'' (Like, acting as a follower of a certain diety) on the Runescape forums.

I'm sorry, but I too can't see much ''RPG'' quality in HC. Yes we have leveling, and skills, but they are very basic. We've had dungeons, but they are now gone. Quests and dungeons are SUPPOSeDLY being worked on right now, but it's been long time since i've seen anything actually added. Such additions to the server would be great.
Thanks for understanding. What I am saying is that thi server can be very fun for something DIFFERENT than RPG. It tricks people to think that they are going to go in a true RPG server. So they waste their time applying and it becomes a big loss. If it didn't say HEROCRAFT RPG SERVER in big letters, people wouldn't be lured in into something that they wouldn't be interested in.

Albattal

Dirt
I would like to see you turn a Minecraft server into a RPG game like Runescape, if Herocraft isnt enough RPG for you.
Actually it is nothing like runescape, look what Majorasmask brought up:
"you also have tons of quests, minigames, LOTS of PvP, a huge range of abilities to work on, dungeons, NPCs... and the list goes on."

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks for understanding. What I am saying is that thi server can be very fun for something DIFFERENT than RPG. It tricks people to think that they are going to go in a true RPG server. So they waste their time applying and it becomes a big loss. If it didn't say HEROCRAFT RPG SERVER in big letters, people wouldn't be lured in into something that they wouldn't be interested in.
Well then what server with the heroes plugins that has MORE ablities and classes and a better rpg aspect would u suggest?

Albattal

Dirt
Well then what server with the heroes plugins that has MORE ablities and classes and a better rpg aspect would u suggest?
The plugins part, I am not sure, but SavageRealms, go search it up on google and look for the minecraft forum page right now. Look what it consists of. It consists of true RPG aspects that all RPG games such as GW2, WoW, and Runescape have.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Actually it is nothing like runescape, look what Majorasmask brought up:
"you also have tons of quests, minigames, LOTS of PvP, a huge range of abilities to work on, dungeons, NPCs... and the list goes on."
I do not understand what you are trying to point out, so I will still ask you, could YOU turn MINECRAFT into an actual RPG game without forcing every player to download mods to connect to the server?

Albattal

Dirt
I do not understand what you are trying to point out, so I will still ask you, could YOU turn MINECRAFT into an actual RPG game without forcing every player to download mods to connect to the server?
The mods part? Sorry, I thought plugins were kind of like mods built into the server that people did not have to download. Also this is a very childish statement. People are always saying "Could you do better?". The heck, maybe Simon on The X Factor can't sing at all, but he is a critic, he is allowed to criticize because he is allowed to judge the capability of the person singing. I could not do a server like that, if that answers your question. But if you are going to make a server, Kainzo, please don't be too vague on what the server actually offers.

Zidane

Gold

Sure and I never denied this (and acknoweldged it).

The point is the OP's assessment that Herocraft is NOT a RPG server is incorrect. A correct assessment would have been "While Herocraft is fundamentally a RPG server, it isn't nearly up to par with other MMO RPGs with similar elements".

Devils in the details.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

We're not saying Herocraft is bad. We are saying it is not as good of an RPG as it claims to be.

If some of the following were added, then HC would become a lot more like an RPG. HC is limited a lot by Minecraft, but that doesn't mean it can't function better:

- Add dungeons. These don't have to be complex.
- Add quests. We've done this before. When NPCs come back, add more.
- Add NPCs around the world in protected, but small, areas. Small things can make a big difference. It'll improve the feel of this being an RPG server.
- Give towns a reason to expand their region size/reach kingdom. Often RPGs don't tell you do get X, Y and Z when there is no reward/benefit for doing so. Give towns, which upgrade, facilities which will further benefit them (such as MOB spawners to help them train their combat specs, ect ect..).

I could go on and on...

Notice, MultiHeartGold, that in doing this you will not require the players to download a mod. These have been done before, either in HC or on other servers.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
The mods part? Sorry, I thought plugins were kind of like mods built into the server that people did not have to download. Also this is a very childish statement. People are always saying "Could you do better?". The heck, maybe Simon on The X Factor can't sing at all, but he is a critic, he is allowed to criticize because he is allowed to judge the capability of the person singing. I could not do a server like that, if that answers your question. But if you are going to make a server, Kainzo, please don't be too vague on what the server actually offers.
I was using a "childish statement" because it seemed like you were another flamer who doesnt know what he is talking about.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

The point is the OP's assessment that Herocraft is NOT a RPG server is incorrect. A correct assessment would have been "While Herocraft is fundamentally a RPG server, it isn't nearly up to par with other MMO RPGs with similar elements".

Devils in the details.

Yes, the assessment in the quotes is what we're talking about more or less. It's an interesting discussion too; i'd love to see HC become much more ''RPG''.

Albattal

Dirt

Devils in the details.
Nope, sorry. It isn't an RPG server. If you take one tiny aspect of a game type and put it into a server, it doesn't automatically become that type of game. The amount of survival, and other aspects on the server overcome the fact that it is an RPG.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
We're not saying Herocraft is bad. We are saying it is not as good of an RPG as it claims to be.

If some of the following were added, then HC would become a lot more like an RPG. HC is limited a lot by Minecraft, but that doesn't mean it can't function better:

- Add dungeons. These don't have to be complex.
- Add quests. We've done this before. When NPCs come back, add more.
- Add NPCs around the world in protected, but small, areas. Small things can make a big difference. It'll improve the feel of this being an RPG server.
- Give towns a reason to expand their region size/reach kingdom. Often RPGs don't tell you do get X, Y and Z when there is no reward/benefit for doing so. Give towns, which upgrade, facilities which will further benefit them (such as MOB spawners to help them train their combat specs, ect ect..).

I could go on and on...

Notice, MultiHeartGold, that in doing this you will not require the players to download a mod. These have been done before, either in HC or on other servers.
Dungeons are being worked on and almost done and when npcs come back quest will be there

Albattal

Dirt
I was using a "childish statement" because it seemed like you were another flamer who doesnt know what he is talking about.
Do I still look like that? Because if that is what you are trying to say, you are simply proving yourself as what you believe I am.

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
This conversation won't go anywhere without more.. neutral comments. We'll have fanboys on one side saying the server is perfect and that the OP is a flamer who doesn't like the hardcore aspect of the game. We'll have haters on the other side that claim the server sucks.

Everyone intending to post, lay out your opinion clearly. Childish statements make you look childish, no matter your intent. The OP was trying to offer some feedback while maybe not the best way to go about it.. Zidane is 100% correct though.

Status
Not open for further replies.