• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Donor Perk] Herogates

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
I heard that back when 1500, 1500 was the edge of the map that the herogates set for there were quite useful to use for free. So... Why not make some more hero gates at the North, South, East, and West points of the edge of the map? 3500, 0. It woulddefinately make raiding, surprise attacks, travel, and alot of other aspects easier and more accessible, which in turn might increase further server activity.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
In good old Sanctum we had herogates that linked to every town in existence, so raids and traveling almost didn't happen. Those herogates meant that next to nobody actually travelled the wilderness and the map away from townships was nearly untouched. It wasn't a good thing.

Personally I'm against HeroGates in any form, donor or otherwise.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
1. The server rail already goes to those points.
2. Donors don't need more perks.
3. Herogates do not increase server activity really.
4. While it would make travel easier, it would hardly do much for surprise attacks/raiding due to live map.

HollowSith

Diamond
Donor's pay for the server us free user play on. But still, Donor's getting "Raiding and Surprise attack benefits" are kind of pushing it. Believe me, if I had that kind money I would donate, but I don't. Privledged or otherwise wealthier members will get the upper hand because they can a ford it? Nah, man that doesn't seem logical or fun. I am aposed to Herogrates. In all forms, Donors or ftp.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'll consider more herogates - but I would really rather push Wizard/Druid port usage.

We'll see how things go.

Thanks for the suggestion @Megan

Note to others: Stay constructive on these - if I think you are harassing users for speaking their mind - I will make sure you won't be posting here any longer.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I'll consider more herogates - but I would really rather push Wizard/Druid port usage.

We'll see how things go.

Thanks for the suggestion @Megan

Note to others: Stay constructive on these - if I think you are harassing users for speaking their mind - I will make sure you won't be posting here any longer.

Oh yeah, the reminds me, the spires, hehe, I still havent finished the forest spire, I have all/most the supplies, but since im no longer a druid and people dont dont port for free, traveling their is near impossible without mobs or people killing me first. Plus i have to worry about food and such.

On Topic: I dont feel like herogates are that much of an advantage, sure, I dont have to spend some money but even back when I did have to spend money to use them I did so willingly. I few extra herogates wouldnt be bad if strategically placed and not spammed, I dont think they should be entirely linear either but If people perfer symmetry then that would be ok.

As long their arnt an abundant amount on the map like last map then i'd think it be ok. You could even make the ports to the edge of the map be near in the 500 to 1000 range on the map, require people to still be required to walk a bit before they can use it.