• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Do Not Revert Healing Changes Please

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I saw in a balance thread post a request to revert healing target system changes. While im not on balance team and generally dont mind any changes balance team makes, i really dont want to see this reverted. Yes it is a little harder to target teammates for heals now, but you can basically bind all your single target heals to one button with -to and -tp modifiers to make sure you never self heal or heal targets out of party and its really not that bad. Damage classes deal with the same issue of making sure they are accurately targeting right players, i dunno why healing should be any different. All the pvp tournaments were terrible before the healing change happened, just a cluster of 10 people whacking each other in a ball for 10-20 mins until someone randomly died. I think the gameplay and pvp potential for game is much better forcing healers to accurately target who they want to heal.

If balance team really thinks healing is too weak, buff the healing power of single target heals only (please dont buff group heals), increase self healing penalty to compensate, and then heals will be more rewarding while still hopefully avoiding the mess we had with name binding.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I've pretty much gotten used to the healing changes, they're the norm for me now. It's nice not having keyboard and numberpad just full of binds to heal 5 people effectively.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I saw in a balance thread post a request to revert healing target system changes. While im not on balance team and generally dont mind any changes balance team makes, i really dont want to see this reverted. Yes it is a little harder to target teammates for heals now, but you can basically bind all your single target heals to one button with -to and -tp modifiers to make sure you never self heal or heal targets out of party and its really not that bad. Damage classes deal with the same issue of making sure they are accurately targeting right players, i dunno why healing should be any different. All the pvp tournaments were terrible before the healing change happened, just a cluster of 10 people whacking each other in a ball for 10-20 mins until someone randomly died. I think the gameplay and pvp potential for game is much better forcing healers to accurately target who they want to heal.

If balance team really thinks healing is too weak, buff the healing power of single target heals only (please dont buff group heals), increase self healing penalty to compensate, and then heals will be more rewarding while still hopefully avoiding the mess we had with name binding.
It's not going to be removed don't worry