• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciples

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Recently, I have done more PvP then I have done more then all my time in hero craft. After after fighting many many battle against nearly every class, I've come up with a few changes.

Right now, I can screw over any caster/healer. Warrior and rogues on the other hand are impossible for me to kill. Disciples have lower weapon DMG then any other melee class possible the most expensive highest tier weapon. The armor is negligible and doest last long at all.

Flying kick is way to effective at casters, and doesn't really do anything against other classes, so I would suggest taking the silence off of flying kick and give it 75-100dmg, and give discs back kick. This would make discs much more viable against armored classes and much less against casters.

I would like to suggest a new skill for discs as well, Mind and Body. This would replace meditate.

Mind and Body: You get a speed boost as a stamina and mama increased regen.

I would rather have this then an instant full regen.

Also, give disc back sneak, if seems fitting, and I like the idea of going around unnoticed.

Toughness: Passive: You get 0.2% passive armor per lvl.

Against any thing that has armor, disc are near useless. And because of lag, forcepuch/pull usually means life and death. A little extra armor would be nice against high armored classes/rogues. Lag breaks disciples lime no any class. If your under 25% HP, and a lag spike hits, your dead.

I Would like iron fist, instead straight up, to just be a small force push.

Also, forcepush is very kinda broken against other classes. Unless you lucky, and do a force pull/push combo, forcepush is so underpowered that you can't get 1 bandage off. I realize that in dragonguard, disciple was invincable use to being able to force push/pray, but its just sad now.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I could see the regenerative Meditate change as well as Toughness (but .1% per level), not much else that was suggested do I really see fitting right now.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe disciples are currently fine where they are. I've seen a disciple (Keache) who can take any class in a 1v1 as a disciple, you just have to play it right.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Once again (bolt thread) we must be careful not to balance based on what lag is like, we must assume that lag will be mostly at a decent level.

Disciples do well with a teammate who can keep enemies off either by tanking or CC'ing when they need to Heal back up.

Another, much more simple, and to my mind, more intriguing fix would be to increase the availability of Blaze rods, either using Cauldrons or another mechanic.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Disagree, I think the last thing Disciples need at the moment are a buff. I hope people don't think they're overpowered though; I like to think I'm good at this class :p

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I feel I'm decent at this class as well... I just can't seem to kill samurais or dragoons. I've killed many classes, including a few rangers and paladin and dks, but only skirmishes. Which is a different type of PvP.

Teerian

Gold
Disciples seem to be pretty much in line from what I've experienced. A well-played disciple is a great asset to a team fight without being ridiculous imbalanced like clerics seem to be. It is also possible to 1v1 most classes just fine. True, we do have a decent disadvantage against melee classes, but I imagine this is intended. That said, my opinions are as follows:

Toughness/passive armor with level: I fully support this idea. I see no reason whatsoever why this should not be added. We do not have insane damage potential like the full melee classes, nor do we have massive heals and invulnerability effects like clerics. When I think of the disciple class, I think of them as being like Shaolin monks or similar martial artists. After years of disciplined training, one would expect to be more physically (and mentally) resilient than most others. Add this.

Regenerative meditation skill: A gradual regen-based meditate skill with an added run speed bonus would be nice without breaking disciple balance. However, I am also fine with the way the skill currently works. If Kainzo and the balance team think this would be a good change, awesome. If not, oh well.

Flying Kick change: Your thoughts on Flying Kick aren't necessarily bad, but I get the feeling that it would be unnecessary with the above changes. We may have an advantage against casters now, but I promise you that advantage would quickly shift in the completely opposite direction without flying kick's silence. As it is, a smart wizard can kill me and do so quickly unless I react very fast and in the correct manner. I can't even agree to a reduction in the silence timer.

If any change were made to Flying Kick, I would want to see it have some type of armor penetration passive. Chain and especially plate armor types are not very difficult to obtain while leather (and gold unless you're c12 or similarly rich) is scarce without a high level farmer buddy and not very protective/durable. This would make it so that fights against heavier melee classes don't require a perfect performance from the disciple in order to pull off a win, but they would still be tough. Casters and other leather wearers would not be affected much (if at all) due to the lack of armor to begin with. Just have to make sure the armor penetration effect doesn't add even more damage against naked heroes.

Ironfist: I am perfectly fine with how Ironfist is currently.

Forcepush: I could agree with a very, very slight increase in distance a target is thrown with this skill, but too much would mean that target has no hope of stopping your heal. Have to find a sweet spot for that one. Also, giving the skill more of an upward angle to go with the back-push might help alleviate the issue we sometimes have with people being pushed only 2-3 blocks instead of the full distance when used on flat terrain.

Edit: Hate to see this thread falling off the page. Any balance team opinions on the armor per level idea at least?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Edit: Hate to see this thread falling off the page. Any balance team opinions on the armor per level idea at least?
The job of the balance team is to comment on currently in-game skills, not suggested ones. Anything you see here as balance team response on suggestion is more of an individual's opinion than anything.

Personally, I can see this being implemented.

Teerian

Gold
Gotcha. I was under the impression that you tested things out before they're added to the live server. Thanks for the response. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with this.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
What he meant is that the Balance Team is not responsible for new skills, we simply balance the ones already in the game. This doesn't mean we don't test things before they're added, we are just not the ones who make the skills.

Teerian

Gold
Thanks for the clarification. Speaking of which, who is in charge of giving the go-ahead on new skills or changes to current ones? Does that rest solely on Kainzo? I have yet to figure out how to tag people on the forums, but when I do learn it, I'd like to know whose attention I should call to a suggestion.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Kainzo is the only one who can implement skill changes and new skills. The balance team simply gives him a players perspective and he takes it into consideration. You can tag people with @(name). For example, Teerian