• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciple's Chakra now has a 10 second cooldown

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Read latest notes of Disc changes here
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/dev-notes-4-10.25388/

We've encountered an issue with how mana "usage" is calculated and we're re-evaluating several classes mana cost. Next restart you'll notice a drastic change on Disicple for mana - currently it was set high and I'm lowering it again.

Mystic is a class that will be revamped when time permits. It is a very good class with great utility just not a "shock and awe" class like Disciple or Wizard.

Please note:
Even though the balance team tests / suggests and does a lot of the grunt work - all suggestions and changes go to me, I approve them and implement. So don't take your angst out on them, you will be more productive to take it out on me.

960 health 60 damage with stick vs 810 health 99 damage with sword.

With 3 chakras and 1 bandage it will bring their health to 1410. It will take you 15 swings to kill them.

With 810 health and 2 duskblades it brings your health to 930. It will take them 16 swings to kill you.

Now we subtract 3 smites and 2 forcepushes which brings you to like 430 health. It will now take them only 8 swings.
Correction I can only use 2 blade dances and 1 dusk blade before my mana is out unless the fight drags on for more than 40 seconds or so. So that leaves you with 1000 hp versus me with 350. It's quite obvious who wins there.
Now we subtract 2 kicks, 2 duskblades, 1 iceblade, 1 toxic blade and it brings them to 880 health. It will now take you only 9 swings to kill them.

So, 8 swings vs 9 swings. This is also assuming that forcepush actually works allowing the disc to get bandage off.

This is also assuming no armor because lets face it, 90% of discs and runeblades don't wear armor.

Yes it is entirely possible for the disciple to kite, but that requires luck to be on their side and the runeblade can always use one to overcome it.

The question I have is, if its so close between runeblade, a class most people say is worthless, and disciple, why is disciple getting nerfed in EVERY field?
Grr stupid thing deleted my response. I can only use 1 dusk blade and 2 blade dances in a fight before I run out of mana. That means you have 1000 hp and me with only 350.

A

alexhoff1

I would like to point out flips previous point..

40 disc can beat a 60 wizard and a 60 runeblade before falling.
Me and flip have suffered the 60s loss many times, so their damage output + healing ability is too good.
all I have to say.

(No I'm not spending 50c for a full set of leather to counter 25% damage.)

Also, it costs roughly 1 2/3 mana bar to finish a good disciple, which is just too much in my opinion.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Tbh after these updates disciples will be in my opinion a balanced state.
With mana and stamina changes it can and can't benefit them and let's be honest chakra was a little op because in a fight it would be a disciples best skills for quick heal and remove all Debuffs.

Stamina is a minor problem but that makes it a bit fair because it restricts a disciple from unloading every skill on someone in a couple of seconds.

generally my point is disciple tweaks aren't as necessary now maybe some minor tweaks needed but overall there isn't much of a problem. A disciple is a hybrid healer as some have stated and at the moment it is quite balanced along those lines.