• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciple's Chakra now has a 10 second cooldown

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I've noticed that Chakra's cooldown went from 6 seconds to 10 seconds. I also noticed that Reborn gives you back 25% of your health instead of 20%. A 5% difference in health is hardly compensation for adding 4 seconds more to a healing skill that I used the most of.

Perhaps I'm just a terrible PVPer, but at least for me, Disciple was at a stage where you need to be in perfect conditions to beat any other class. Now that I have to wait an extra 4 seconds to be able to heal myself, or my party members, it is rendered next to useless.

But hey, at least Disciple isn't Mystic. There's a pretty good reason why for the last week I've done /hero who mystic and each and every time there has yet to be 1 person who chose Mystic. Plenty of warrior specs though.

This isn't really a suggestion lol.
This isn't a compensation it was a well needed nerf. They did like 90 damage with a stick and could force push chacara and just never die. And even if it did all it lost was a stick instead of diamonds or gold.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Oh boy... just did a little more investigating... Disciple's maximum HP is down from 960 to 856. Furthermore, I literally fought for 30 seconds and lost all my mana... i did a Meditate (regains stamina and mana with a 3 second warm-up) and my mana was wiped away in less than a minute again.

I don't mean to be a baby about this, but... huh? How can you destroy a class so badly? From what I heard, Disciple was pretty great at one point 'last map' until it got nerfed and virtually destroyed. Is it destroyed even more?

As is, Disciples likely have no chance against any class, except for any other specs in the healer class. How does a class get longer cooldowns, reduced HP, and more costly mana all in one day? This hurts, but not as much as it's going to hurt losing to a level 10 Warrior.

This isn't really a suggestion lol.
This isn't a compensation it was a well needed nerf. They did like 90 damage with a stick and could force push chacara and just never die. And even if it did all it lost was a stick instead of diamonds or gold.

Also, no... 48 damage with a stick as a level 60 Disciple. I'm not sure if they tweeked that too. It would be nice to see a log somewhere.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I may be new to being a disciple but it is very hard to kill any melee spec as a disc mainly becuase warrior class have armor out the wazoo and @Flippintuna1 if the formulas are correct on the wiki the max damage we can do with blazerods is only about 70 the same as iron sword for most melee specs. i can kill any spec if they are unarmored and mostly if they dont have best weapons we do need a bit of a rework

Fo0l3d

Glowstone
Do people not realize disciples are part of the HEALER class? They aren't supposed to be able to 'beat' other classes, they're used for their utility.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Do people not realize disciples are part of the HEALER class? They aren't supposed to be able to 'beat' other classes, they're used for their utility.

Funny though, because Disciples only have 1 group heal. It heals for 100 HP to any party members within a 10 block radius. It also has a 10 second cooldown. Not much utility there, is there?

@Flippintuna1 if the formulas are correct on the wiki the max damage we can do with blazerods is only about 70 the same as iron sword for most melee specs. i can kill any spec if they are unarmored and mostly if they dont have best weapons we do need a bit of a rework

The Wiki is incorrect. I can't say for certain with blazerods because I don't have on currently, but I do 48 damage with my stick, whereas the Wiki promises 60. I can't say for certain what a blazerod's damage actually does in game for a level 60 disciple, but I imagine it's around 55 or so.

Chakra does NOT heal. - BUG.

I just checked and Chakra heals for 100 damage. There's no bug.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
The Cleric only has one group heal, and it's the main healing class xD

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Every class I go gets overnerfed, even the ones that don't need it. Disciples were already getting fucked hard by any warrior spec and every non ranger rogue spec unless you played a kiting style in an open area.

Lets look at class vs class fights:
Dragoon vs disc - Dragoon wins in a closed area, loses in an open one if disciple drags the fight out
Sammy vs disc - Sammy wins straight up
Dreadknight vs disc - Dreadknight also wins straight up
Paladin vs disc - Paladin can lose if the disciple drags it out. Disciple generally loses and can only win in a giant open field

Ninja vs disc - Disc gets buttfucked hard unless forcepush decides to work (it never does l0l)
Bard vs disc - Can go either way
Runeblade vs disc - no experience but I'd assume its the same as ninja due to not being able to heal the damage
Ranger vs disc - Disc wins straight up

Casters vs disc - Disc generally wins due to dragging the fight out.

So we win against 5 classes and generally lose against 5 and tie with 2.

Warriors are currently shitting on the world and its Disciples that get nerfed? Is this balance team for real?

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
I just checked and Chakra heals for 100 damage. There's no bug.
Yourself I mean, does it heal you?

I'm keen on switching to dragoon, it has all skills I wanted (the fun ones; Tremor (forcepush but sometimes better), Spear (force pull)) + jump and superjump. I'd have so much fun with that. (I hardly PVP)

So it's like a disciple combination. Just without the healing skills.

I dislike not fun classes ._.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This coupled with the fact that they're one of the most hybrid classes in game (Combination of healer/rogue/warrior) and their unique moveset plays to versatility, not to specifically strength in combat.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
You really seem to think a lvl 60 disciple's stick gives 90 damage. It gives half of that, sir.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
960 health 60 damage with stick vs 810 health 99 damage with sword.

With 3 chakras and 1 bandage it will bring their health to 1410. It will take you 15 swings to kill them.

With 810 health and 2 duskblades it brings your health to 930. It will take them 16 swings to kill you.

Now we subtract 3 smites and 2 forcepushes which brings you to like 430 health. It will now take them only 8 swings.

Now we subtract 2 kicks, 2 duskblades, 1 iceblade, 1 toxic blade and it brings them to 880 health. It will now take you only 9 swings to kill them.

So, 8 swings vs 9 swings. This is also assuming that forcepush actually works allowing the disc to get bandage off.

This is also assuming no armor because lets face it, 90% of discs and runeblades don't wear armor.

Yes it is entirely possible for the disciple to kite, but that requires luck to be on their side and the runeblade can always use one to overcome it.

The question I have is, if its so close between runeblade, a class most people say is worthless, and disciple, why is disciple getting nerfed in EVERY field?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Furthermore, Forcepull seems to have been nerfed against players. It used to pull a player to where you are standing, now, if you pull 10 blocks away from a player and forcepull them while they are standing still, it pulls them roughly 3-4 blocks. Let's add that to the pile, along with every one of the skills having a higher mana cost.

Without being TOO dramatic, people who want to heal themselves while having a fighting chance as well become Disciple. Unless you're one of the few people who really take a bullet for the team and become a Cleric, there isn't really a point taking the healer path.

I mean, hell, Paladins have Pray, not to mention Layhands. I just asked a level 60 Paladin, and he gets 1,085 HP and 67 damage with a diamond sword. Let's not even talk about their ability to use Diamond, Iron, and Chain armour. With all of this in mind, why even bother becoming a Disciple? It's only benefit is that it's mid-tier weapons are very easy, or free, to get (fish, fist, stick). It's best weapon, however, is by far the most expensive to get in game (blaze rod).

No matter how you look at it, as is, Disciple is broken... badly.

The balance team is a joke. I plan on switching as soon as my internet connection isn't so shitty.

Nothing gets done with that attitude. I do agree that I'll be switching as well if at least some of these issues aren't looked at and changed. It's one thing to tweek a skill or two, but to virtually turn a class on it's head is a head-scratcher.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
honestly if we just got an armor update to iron we'd stand a better chance in fights. leather anymore is just ill used on armor and gold just why would we make gold armor