• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciples - Balance Changes

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
When disciples had their hp lowered by over 100, their forcepush not being as effective and kick being replaced with flyingkick (uses more stamina, silences for a shorter time, has a longer cd).

This was going too far, now disciples can not fight melee specs because their push does not push far enough to pull off a pray/meditate, this means due to them having lower hp and dealing lower damage than their opponent whilst fighting at a melee range, whilst also having less offensive skills than their opponent means they stand no chance. They are doing half the damage of a ninja, whilst having similar hp, the same armor as a wizard and they have stamina issues similar to dragoons, some may say "they have meditate", using meditate mid fight is generally a bad idea due to forcepush not granting you the time to use it so when you forcepush and meditate your opponent catches up to you and bashes/kicks before you have the chance to meditate, or they could just get mass damage on you.

I understand that some players may argue, "disciple is a healer spec" but disciples have a great lack of healing abilities compared to other specs such as cleric and druid, clerics have more healing skills, much better armor, invulns and lower costs on their heals, druids heals cost 3 times less than a disciples and they also get extra healing skills that a disciple doesn't have.

Disciples also have the great reborn, which is basically a bandage that goes off every 15 minutes and rarely turns the tides of fights, its usually useful when falling off of a cliff and failing to use safefall but not in combat situations.

Hopefully next map disciples can be a pvp class rather than a low damage, squishy, stamina starved healer spec that doesn't manage to pull off heals because of forcepush being incredibly unreliable, druids are able to pull off heals when they root an opponent and heal, clerics are able to tank the damage with their armor and heal, or use one of their 2 invulns, whereas a disciple is helpless.

Edit: Ironfist seems to only launch other players in the air by 1 or 2 blocks, meaning it doesn't even give falling damage any more.
@Kainzo, @Bingy1218, @Falker57, @Sniped105, @Keffalump, @cgodmer, @drew22222, @FrozenAshes_, @Didag,

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
Disciple was not OP to begin with, now it's just flat out impossible to kill with, unless your @Wild_Porygon :p
Their skills are now almost useless. Flying kick wears off by the time they land on the ground from going up two blocks, force push, as stated, literally does nothing now. People never had a hard time killing disciples before, I don't understand why it got such a hard nerf

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
I Completely Agree with porygon and heres 2 ideas I reckon will be useful to balance Disciples in combat

a) Revert forcepush back to how it used to be allowing disciples time to pop a heal or escape from a 1shotting ninja
b) Ironfist needs a major rework. Maybe act as an forcepush in all directions and damage.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
^ That actual sounds pretty solid. At least if a disciple can push away the attacker they have a higher chance of survival. And yea, ironfist needs a rework, especially due to its cost to use

Wild_Porygon

Legacy Supporter 5
^ That actual sounds pretty solid. At least if a disciple can push away the attacker they have a higher chance of survival. And yea, ironfist needs a rework, especially due to its cost to use
Ironfists damage also got reduced as well as the blocks it sends in the air, the cost remains the same, it nearly brings you down to half stamina and nearly has the same mana cost as pray.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
Ironfists damage also got reduced as well as the blocks it sends in the air, the cost remains the same, it nearly brings you down to half stamina and nearly has the same mana cost as pray.
I think it should be reverted to the damage and block height it used to be

C

CoolBeans279(Alt)

I really have to agree ive seen disciple since i first joined HC and it seemed like a balanced class and i thought id try it and then it got nerfed and it was very bad cant 1v1 anything hardly and i miss it being a good class yeah yeah people will say its a "healer" spec it isnt meant for pvp but its more of the healer spec that can pvp to.

F

Falker57

All combat classes are supposed to be used for just that, combat. Disciples need their skills to be pushed back to how they were. Forcepush and Ironfist need to be reworked.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
If you read the description of disciples on the wiki, it states that "The Disciple is the melee combat class from the HealerPath. There are some souls who feel that a dependence on unnatural weapons is a form of weakness, and that one should rely on nothing other than themselves to survive.These are the Disciples, hardened souls who are experts in the way of hand-to-hand combat."
How I see is it became a less damage/ more of a "healer" class when a disciple does not have the ability to be that unless its skills were completely re-worked. I fine it slowly becoming a different class all together.

A

Aburido_burrito

I think disciple's are fine where they are at. The only warrior class that can kill disciple are samurai, and still they can only kill you if they have one. All other classes die to disciple's (paladin's excluded, they don't die). Casters sometimes are easy to kill. depending on if you can cancel wizard's bolt with forcepull and chakra root and deepfreeze. Chakra necromancer's skills and geomancer is overall underpowered. Rogue's are sometimes easy, if ninja doesnt get blackjack proc's you have a SMALL chance at winning ( Ninja OP!) and ranger are really difficult to kill. Bard UP and thief is pretty much the same thing as ninja. I think ninja's are fine where they are.

FrozenAshes_

Legacy Supporter 3
What everybody has said so far (excluding Aburido) has pretty much summed up what I was going to say. Disciple used to be good until that 1 dreadful day, they got nerfed and I was the saddest panda ever. Disciple needs to be reverted to what it was before, and fix the cost of stamina with Ironfist....and maybe keep the health they have now and revert the skills. =)

A

Aburido_burrito

What everybody has said so far (excluding Aburido) has pretty much summed up what I was going to say. Disciple used to be good until that 1 dreadful day, they got nerfed and I was the saddest panda ever. Disciple needs to be reverted to what it was before, and fix the cost of stamina with Ironfist....and maybe keep the health they have now and revert the skills. =)
Now ironfist stamina I agree with but honestly disciple was a bit on the overpower'ed side before.

C

CoolBeans279(Alt)

Disciple=???

reply to this with you're idea of (Disciple=???)