• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Disciple

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Currently in skirmish, Disciple receives a blaze rod as a weapon. This is the Disciple's equivalent to a gold-tier weapon. All other classes are give diamond-tier weapons, not gold. I believe that either Disciple needs to loose the blaze rod, or all other classes should be granted their top tier weapon. Other opinions?

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Currently in skirmish, Disciple receives a blaze rod as a weapon. This is the Disciple's equivalent to a gold-tier weapon. All other classes are give diamond-tier weapons, not gold. I believe that either Disciple needs to loose the blaze rod, or all other classes should be granted their top tier weapon. Other opinions?
Seeing how Disciple's damage output is so low, I don't think this really matters.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
The purpose of skirmish is to test for world pvp, and disciples rarely have blaze rods in a non-raid fight, just as melee classes rarely have golden swords for casual world encounters.
If blaze rods are not made more easily available, then the skirmish would best test a disciple for casual team play by giving them their diamond tier equivalent rather than gold.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The purpose of skirmish is to test for world pvp, and disciples rarely have blaze rods in a non-raid fight, just as melee classes rarely have golden swords for casual world encounters.
If blaze rods are not made more easily available, then the skirmish would best test a disciple for casual team play by giving them their diamond tier equivalent rather than gold.
It's been a month haha, and I think a change to a stick in arenas (especially duels) is warranted. Kainzo

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
It's been a month haha, and I think a change to a stick in arenas (especially duels) is warranted. Kainzo
Don't you think fish would be a bit more suitable since it's one step down from blaze rod like diamond is one step down from gold?

Also, to be honest, I find disciple to be a very strong class in many situations. How does everyone feel about it's overall balance in the overworld and not just in the arenas?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Don't you think fish would be a bit more suitable since it's one step down from blaze rod like diamond is one step down from gold?

Also, to be honest, I find disciple to be a very strong class in many situations. How does everyone feel about it's overall balance in the overworld and not just in the arenas?
I think it's currently at a good position in world pvp.

However... Disciples with item binds have complained that right clicking causes you to munch on the fish and slow you down.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Could we make it impossible to eat raw fish? There is no need to eat otherwise. If not possible, then we should still implement fish (diamond tier) for fair duels, and the unfair bit will be that disciple will not get to count on item binds to their primary weapon, not a huge deal for the force class.
I think disciple is a competitive healing class. Their force moves are performing as intended lately.

cshadowrun

Coal
Disciple is very weak at the moment I am wanting to buff it slightly since it got destroyed last map... I am wanting to increase damage on base auto attacks since it already has many skills feel free to comment because I have never played disciple

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Ok

The main issue that I have made a conclusion on is attributes/scaling
  • Having to throw allocation points in agility to make flying kick useful is a bad idea. Why not make it scale with strength, both the damage and the range
  • Disciple's healing scaling is very bad, as @malikdanab pointed out in a different thread the heals of disciple are heavily out scaled by the heals of the other healer specializations. For example, in a thread I commented on earlier this guy had 40 wisdom on disciple and his fist of jin was only healing 20 per hit, while I have 20 wisdom mine heals me for 16 per hit. Not exactly worth the 20 points
  • **Edit**The amount of armor Disciple gets compared to other so called squishy classes also needs to be changed
Forcepull/push
  • It has been discussed before that forcepull/push should only scale off of intellect and do magic damage
  • Right now disciple only has one magic damage skill (I think) and it makes it fairly hard to kill heavily armored targets; making forcepull/push do magic damage helps this.
Ironfist
  • Honestly, such a pointless skill--very counter productive. If you use it in hopes of slowing someone that you are chasing you not only knock them away but the slow is so weak and does not last long enough to compensate for the knock back
  • Simply needs a buff
Chakra
  • In my opinion you need to put too many points into wisdom to be able to debuff the stronger effects like nausea and fire (20 points in wisdom to get to those two)
There is my 2 cents and remember that I am not saying to buff all of these things, one buff might help deal with another and so on so forth. I will most likely add more to this post after wards

Disciple is very weak at the moment I am wanting to buff it slightly since it got destroyed last map... I am wanting to increase damage on base auto attacks since it already has many skills feel free to comment because I have never played disciple
Decrease WarmUp on Renewal, decrease almost all cool downs, and increase some damage

These will not really get to the actual issue behind disciple. People are forced to spread their attributes in everything except charisma and because Disciple is a hybrid I think it needs some attribute changes (and a few other buffs)

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok

The main issue that I have made a conclusion on is attributes/scaling
  • Having to throw allocation points in agility to make flying kick useful is a bad idea. Why not make it scale with strength, both the damage and the range
  • Disciple's healing scaling is very bad, as @malikdanab pointed out in a different thread the heals of disciple are heavily out scaled by the heals of the other healer specializations. For example, in a thread I commented on earlier this guy had 40 wisdom on disciple and his fist of jin was only healing 20 per hit, while I have 20 wisdom mine heals me for 16 per hit. Not exactly worth the 20 points
Forcepull/push
  • It has been discussed before that forcepull/push should only scale off of intellect and do magic damage
  • Right now disciple only has one magic damage skill (I think) and it makes it fairly hard to kill heavily armored targets; making forcepull/push do magic damage helps this.
Ironfist
  • Honestly, such a pointless skill--very counter productive. If you use it in hopes of slowing someone that you are chasing you not only knock them away but the slow is so weak and does not last long enough to compensate for the knock back
  • Simply needs a buff
Chakra
  • In my opinion you need to put too many points into wisdom to be able to debuff the stronger effects like nausea and fire (20 points in wisdom to get to those two)
There is my 2 cents and remember that I am not saying to buff all of these things, one buff might help deal with another and so on so forth. I will most likely add more to this post after wards

These will not really get to the actual issue behind disciple. People are forced to spread their attributes in everything except charisma and because Disciple is a hybrid I think it needs some attribute changes (and a few other buffs)

Something that will help us test it is if @Kainzo or @gabizou added a blaze rod on test :D (btw maybe a disk to)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
What if disciple retained some of the armor restrictions are absent from the game right now?
Nothing above chain armor (for example) for disciples could allow for more effective balancing, because the class would have a more normal amount of variables.

There would still be a variety of endurance builds among players, but knowing that disciples will not run around in Iron gear means that some of the other aspects of the class can also be brought back into theme. Bringing their group pvp role/utility into greater definition would be the tradeoff of these armor restrictions.

*disclaimer: Not sure about chain being a good cut-off.
also: we may need to clarify the role of disciple before we refine it. I think a solid addition to this discussion would be a defensive skill (either healing or full defensive stats) that increases disciple's durability.