• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciple, Punching Jedi

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
So, for kicks, I think we should follow this punching jedi theme we have going. :D
This is all in good fun, just some ideas I felt like sharing.

Being able to mine and chop trees with the effectiveness of an iron pick or axe, but as a setback, you don't get any drops.

Telekinesis, because pushing buttons from across the room is awesome.

Increased unarmed damage and movement speed and jump height when unarmored, only slightly of course :p

Kamekame, I'm only kidding, but I had to say it.

EDIT: Copied from a later post.

Fists of Iron | Your fists are made of iron, as a result you can punch through stone and wood as if using an iron tool. Wood and stone, ore is destroyed in the process.

PROs: able to mine and chop wood quickly with no ideas, can save picks while mining by clearing out stone. Able to get to items quickly upon death

CONs: saving picks might grant an unfair advantage. Items mined/chopped this way are destroyed.

Telekinesis | You can pull levers, press buttons, and activate switches from a distance.

Same as the Scribe spell.

In the buff | While unarmored you gain a small bonus to your unarmed damage, movement speed, and jump height.

Disciple comes off to me as a Monk meets Healer class, and I absolutely love the idea. However, I feel that being forced to use items with such a class takes away from that concept. The idea here is a SMALL buff, they are healers, not fighters, so I dont' think they should be made combat effective machines. Items would ultimately be better stat wise.

PROs: your fists are lethal weapons and you can move around the world a little bit quicker and jump a bit higher, allowing you to dodge blows and strike quickly.

CONs: Your practically naked, no amor means no damage reduction, If they touch you, its going to hurt. Putting on armor takes these buffs away. Coding would be a very complicated.

And for laughs:

Ka-me-ha Ka-me-ah | Years of training has paid off and you can now shoot a concentrated beam of energy from your fists!

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Im slightly confused as to what your getting at. are these new skills your suggesting?
Can you improve the format please.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
I updated my format to make a bit more sense, though it does sound D&D-ish.

Fists of Iron
| Your fists are made of iron, as a result you can punch through stone and wood as if using an iron tool. Wood and stone, ore is destroyed in the process.

PROs: able to mine and chop wood quickly with no ideas, can save picks while mining by clearing out stone. Able to get to items quickly upon death

CONs: saving picks might grant an unfair advantage. Items mined/chopped this way are destroyed.

Telekinesis | You can pull levers, press buttons, and activate switches from a distance.

Same as the Scribe spell.

In the buff | While unarmored you gain a small bonus to your unarmed damage, movement speed, and jump height.

Disciple comes off to me as a Monk meets Healer class, and I absolutely love the idea. However, I feel that being forced to use items with such a class takes away from that concept. The idea here is a SMALL buff, they are healers, not fighters, so I dont' think they should be made combat effective machines. Items would ultimately be better stat wise.

PROs: your fists are lethal weapons and you can move around the world a little bit quicker and jump a bit higher, allowing you to dodge blows and strike quickly.

CONs: Your practically naked, no amor means no damage reduction, If they touch you, its going to hurt. Putting on armor takes these buffs away.

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
I think the mining with your fists is a cool idea, but in game I can see it being op. All crafter oriented players would go this because they could mine without their inventory filling up with cobblestone, as well as not wasting picks mining cobblestone. Telekinesis is cool and could be added to disciple without much arguing I think, but it should be renamed. Also in my experience, this skill doesn't help much, but it would be cool for the role play kind of thing. The in the buff skill is cool, but as you state it your making it sound like you want it to be a passive skill. I believe it could be put in, but it should have to be activated when you have no armor, and last around 45 seconds or something similar. This would also put a good bit of stress on the coding team the way I understand this would have to be coded. Good ideas though! ( I don't think I even have to comment on that last one, do I?)

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
I think the mining with your fists is a cool idea, but in game I can see it being op. All crafter oriented players would go this because they could mine without their inventory filling up with cobblestone, as well as not wasting picks mining cobblestone. Telekinesis is cool and could be added to disciple without much arguing I think, but it should be renamed. Also in my experience, this skill doesn't help much, but it would be cool for the role play kind of thing. The in the buff skill is cool, but as you state it your making it sound like you want it to be a passive skill. I believe it could be put in, but it should have to be activated when you have no armor, and last around 45 seconds or something similar. This would also put a good bit of stress on the coding team the way I understand this would have to be coded. Good ideas though! ( I don't think I even have to comment on that last one, do I?)

I agree the first one does give an unfair advantage to crafters, but it is a fun idea. I do like the cooldown idea for In the buff. Unforunately, the coding would be a bitch and half.

Why don't you want to comment on the last one? :p