• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disabler for Ranger's Track

Which of the following seems best to balance track?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
When you're in a town, you at least have a place to take refuge in. You can run into your town, close/dirt block the door, and they can't touch you! I'm not sure what he meant when he said this happens with towns.
I don't care how fantastic your town is, if you are lowish level and a ranger/group wants you dead, you will never be able to really mine or level in peace. Even with LO, which has like a bajillion members, its not actually that hard to find people mining or leveling solo or in groups of 2-3. With track you can easily target these players and ruin their experience.

I doubt it can happen but I'd be interested in something like the range of randomness on track going down as levels of the tracked player go up. IE. player A tracks player B who is only lvl 5, the track is random by a factor of 150 blocks, however if player A tracks player C who is level 60, the track is random by only maybe 20 blocks.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I doubt it can happen but I'd be interested in something like the range of randomness on track going down as levels of the tracked player go up. IE. player A tracks player B who is only lvl 5, the track is random by a factor of 150 blocks, however if player A tracks player C who is level 60, the track is random by only maybe 20 blocks.

best idea, probably most difficult to implement. would require real balancing of #'s obviously, imo 150 is a bit much and 20 is much too precise.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not very familiar with how track works, but perhaps a more reasonable idea would be to decrease the accuracy of the coords
Has already been done. It used to be exact back in Zeal but it's now off by about 50 blocks or so.
muphins68 said:
Remove compass's function of locating a player after using track
To clarify the compass only points to the co-ordinates you received upon using the skill track it does not follow the player.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
I see what you mean. It's very game breaking for new players to be camped constantly. The first few weeks I played that's all it was, and it made me quit because I didn't feel like playing a game where I would be killed as I tried to level up. It's easy for everyone to point fingers, call someone a noob and tell them to learn how to play. But if a person has never been in a server like Herocraft, how the hell are they supposed to know? Joining a town is a sad excuse for an answer. You can't expect to master your combat class without leaving that protected region, and as a new player that is not familiar with the game mechanics they won't be able to defend themselves very well.

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
To clarify the compass only points to the co-ordinates you received upon using the skill track it does not follow the player.
I don't think most people understand this. They think the compass updates in real-time and it does not. I am SO friggn sick of people complaining that I track them or that Frost Arrow and Track need crippling. I currently am a mastered Ranger SOLELY for track, and hate everything else about my class and if any of these folks ever bothered to try out the Ranger, they'd feel the exact same way.

Being a Ranger is like being the super ugly and fat guy that has a nice TV (Track). Take away his TV (Track), and nobody is going to go hang out at his house any more because he's ugly and fat.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
"Join a town" does not mean "get a protected build", it means "do not expect to succeed playing solo, not when so much of the server's potential is unlocked with friends/allies".

You won't win fights unless you have some allies, nor will you find it easy to maintain a surface base, regioned or not, nor will you find it fun to tackle the hardcore nature of HC on your own.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Make track based on the armor worn, less armor offers a larger range of coords, where heavy armor makes a smaller range of coords. Heavy armored classes would be easier to track while the lighter classes would be more difficult. Have it take into account the armor on at the time so that armored classes could opt to wear no armor to be harder to track. Then add a skill for rangers where chainmail is treated as not wearing armor if the ranger is being tracked. Rangers would be naturally hard to track.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I see what you mean. It's very game breaking for new players to be camped constantly. The first few weeks I played that's all it was, and it made me quit because I didn't feel like playing a game where I would be killed as I tried to level up. It's easy for everyone to point fingers, call someone a noob and tell them to learn how to play. But if a person has never been in a server like Herocraft, how the hell are they supposed to know? Joining a town is a sad excuse for an answer. You can't expect to master your combat class without leaving that protected region, and as a new player that is not familiar with the game mechanics they won't be able to defend themselves very well.
Well it doesn't really make much of a difference anymore since we now have greyson for new players to get themselves off their feet without higher level players attacking them.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
Well it doesn't really make much of a difference anymore since we now have greyson for new players to get themselves off their feet without higher level players attacking them.
True. That is a good implication. As long as they learn how things work ;)

matt4397

Glowing Redstone
I want to provide items or abilities to make players untraceable - probably a passive skill or something.
Maybe even have the ability to hold an item and the track will check to see if the player is holding that item in their hand...

Do these exist? Haven't played in a while.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Do these exist? Haven't played in a while.
No such item exists.
Also if you have any issues with track I would create a new post for it. This thread is old as such some info will be outdated and confusing. Locking to prevent further confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.