• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diffuse's ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
IGN: Diffuse
Banned by: @(name) dunno
Time of ban: dunno
Reason for ban: "pending investigation"
Your story: Posting this mostly to find out what I did wrong.

Edit 2: I have removed my prior explanation for a different one as I feel that the prior did not make much of a point.

Here is how I see this:

-According to the rules nothing illegal was done.

-The actual effects on the server have been small and rarely noticed.

-Clearly due to the fact that a large number people know about the bug and didn't report it, the fact that I didn't report it is not the issue.

-If you plan to make special exceptions to the rules to make an example of someone, shouldn't you make an example of someone who's actions directly have caused problems for other players on the server? Just because someone did something that falls into the category of things that should be illegal does not make what they did wrong necessarily. The wrongness of the action should come from the effects of said action, not the idea that the action itself is wrong.

As an example, the bug that exists of enderpearls allowing players to go through walls and doors was known for a long time and deemed legal due to the same rule that should make this duping bug legal. The difference is that the enderpearl bug enabled players to steal from others and lower the quality of the game for others while improving it for themselves. Despite the fact that it had a massive negative influence on the server, it continued to be allowed and players were not punished. This bug that I have been banned for had the effect of improving some players while not detracting from others. Is it really fair to allow two bugs, where one has caused more problems than the other and both bugs falling under the same set of rules, to be treated so differently?

Edit 3: In the economy that herocraft has, what horrible negative effects would this have had even if someone would have chosen to do try to do something? Prices of various enchanted items would drop, among these the only one that would have had a significant effect may be eff 4 unb 3 diamond picks. Even with this, I can see enchanters feeling a bit upset they wouldn't make as much money as before, but it would generally mean that more people would have more access to items they want. I don't know about how you see these things, but personally I feel that people having easier access to items that make the game easier and more enjoyable to be a good thing.

Regardless, did a single problem arise with the "economy" we have on herocraft? Did the sudden appearing of items into chests which nobody really used or had access to ruin anything? Has the playing experience of a single player been truly ruined due to players attaining items that could have been attained through other means?

Despite the fact that I wrote all this shit about this and that with the bug, the fact remains that according to the rules themselves I did not deserve to be banned. If you are going to say "fuck the rules" and ban me based on hypothetical scenarios in which I could possibly have caused real problems on the server, just say so now so I can stop bothering trying to argue this. Danda

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How about exploitation via mass duping and then having the gall to not even report the exploit to the staff.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
One allows you to pass through walls the other creates items out of thin air and has the potential to destroy the entire economy and somehow you cannot see what is wrong with this?

While yes other people may have been using this and didn't report it but you are the one that got caught and everyone else I catch that has been abusing this exploit will be dealt with harshly. There was another instance of a problem much like this one that was dealt with in the exact same manner as this instance has so if you are trying to call for unfair punishment all I have to say is good luck with that one.

Also for future reference unless you tag me I don't get an alert for you editing your post. So I won't see it unless I happen to check the appeal again randomly.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yes what you did isn't within the rules but it should be painfully obvious to any individual what you were doing is wrong and that you should have reported it. I have updated the rules to include what should have been obvious to you and anyone else abusing this to be clearer. But once again you knew what you did was wrong because you sat there abusing it without telling a soul.

There was no reason not to tell the staff other than your own greed and knowledge that you would have gotten into trouble for the amount you abused this and the bug that pre-dated this one.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Duping of any kind is illegal. It's in the rules.
It's pretty much one of the oldest rules of the server and won't ever change.

Duplication of items is by far the worse offense for any server with a legit economy, it undermines everything players work towards.

I okay'd this ban - based on the facts presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.