• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diamond Castle - Build Competition

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
773acf4223.jpg

What: Diamond Castle - Build Competition
Where: Creative Server (/Creative)
When: 01/19/17 till 02/04/17 @ 6pm CST
Details:
  • Type /creative and claim a plot (/plot claim)
  • No teams allowed, single builds only.
  • There will be two weeks allotted for build time.
  • Staff of Mod or Higher will vote on the winner.
  • The current layout for Diamond Castle is 5 Chunks shaped like a Plus Sign.
    • Your build must conform to this size; F3 + G will show you chunks.
  • Expertly drawn layout of the current PvP On Zone (Don't ask about the odd sizes..)
    • 2jam3ht.jpg
How to join:
  • Claim a plot and create a petition while standing on it (/pe new Build Entry)
  • Type /pe comment (#) (Plot Coords)
    • We are unable to TP to PE's, so we will require your coords.

Prizes:

First Place:
- Plot Pasted into Spawn for Diamond Castle
- Names Recorded on the build
- 2,000 Souls
- 5 Keys

Second Place:
- 1,000 Souls
- 3 Keys

Third Place:
- 500 Souls
- 2 Key

All Non-Placing Participants:
- 1 Key

Participants:
Drynium
N1nten
MountAndDewMe
wildarm5
SunnyVisions
CheckersTheDog
Daelopian
Pearl2492

Last edited:

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
FYI

The capture region is a plus sign of 5 chunks. The best design will probably have the cap zone clearly defined so you're always fighting on the cap zone.

@TimForReal you might want to say that in the first post

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Might do my own build for this, don't have a clear cut plan in mind but random and thoughtless is my specialty

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
FYI

The capture region is a plus sign of 5 chunks. The best design will probably have the cap zone clearly defined so you're always fighting on the cap zone.

@everyone participating, the cap zone is 5 chunks in a PLUS SHAPE .
  • Each chunk is 16x16.
  • One centre chunk, and 4 chunks on either side creating a PLUS shape. +

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
FYI

@everyone participating, the cap zone is 5 chunks in a PLUS SHAPE .
  • Each chunk is 16x16.
  • One centre chunk, and 4 chunks on either side creating a PLUS shape. +

The plots are the same size as the current PvP zone for Diamond Castle, the capture point is just something to keep in mind.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
the plots most likely don't line up with chunks, i haven't checked to confirm but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't line up right to help builders

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
the plots most likely don't line up with chunks, i haven't checked to confirm but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't line up right to help builders

The plot will be pasted exactly where Diamond Castle is now, the build area is the exact same size. I've already thought this out.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
The plot will be pasted exactly where Diamond Castle is now, the build area is the exact same size. I've already thought this out.

Well hopefully all contestants build to the right chunk specifications and you paste the winners castle to line up exactly with those chunk specifciations. After competition is over spawn walls should be expanded imo to allow more running around room.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Well hopefully all contestants build to the right chunk specifications and you paste the winners castle to line up exactly with those chunk specifciations. After competition is over spawn walls should be expanded imo to allow more running around room.
Doesn't have to be exact if it looks good enough.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Doesn't have to be exact if it looks good enough.

As long as we don't end up with what we had last map, and what we had with the castle before the current one then I will be happy.

Standing in the middle of the "castle" and being out of cap range is absolutely ridiculous lol

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I've moved this to the Create Server, re-read the details in the original post as they have changed.

Players can collect the blocks from what they've already built on live, I'll leave them there till the competition is over or until everyone has removed their items.

So the 5 chunks shaped like a plus sign is the cap area? What's the size restriction on the rest of the castle?

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So the 5 chunks shaped like a plus sign is the cap area? What's the size restriction on the rest of the castle?

Here's an expertly drawn diagram of the PvP On zone, created by Pearl.

2jam3ht.jpg

Posts above suggest that you can only build in the 5 chunk plus sign area, but the current diamond castle in spawn actually extends out from said chunks,
X32ezzd.jpg

fs42pr8.jpg

2iOGjxn.jpg

That fancy tower outlined in red is placed in the green highlighted area.

So, can we build outside the plus sign as long as it stays within the PVP octagon area?

EDIT: Also, Creative server seems to be on 1.8 or something, I can't place end rods or grab any other 1.9+ items.

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Posts above suggest that you can only build in the 5 chunk plus sign area, but the current diamond castle in spawn actually extends out from said chunks,
X32ezzd.jpg

fs42pr8.jpg

2iOGjxn.jpg

That fancy tower outlined in red is placed in the green highlighted area.

So, can we build outside the plus sign as long as it stays within the PVP octagon area?

EDIT: Also, Creative server seems to be on 1.8 or something, I can't place end rods or grab any other 1.9+ items.
Yes