• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diablo II

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
hmm I'll have to see if I can find it but ye I have it and the expansion

Sleaker

Retired Staff
there's a custom bnetd out now that's legal. It supports modded games too via the client mod iirc. So you could setup battle.net server for D2 + MedianXL or something like that :)

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
That would be awesome if you could set it up. But you already run the terraria server, and you are a dev. Wouldn't want to pile to many things on you, even a Sleaker can break a back.

EDIT: Gonna try setting it up. I'll get a friend to tell me how laggy it is.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
True, suppose I'll try that... I don't feel like setting up the server, it's 1:43AM for me.

Edit: I'll suck it up... I can't find a completely normal Diablo 2 server. I dont want that double exp and custom item crap haha.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Dude, don't ruin D2LoD by connecting to POS private servers! >.<

Legit useast all the way.
Hardcore Ironman. 1-99

Sleaker

Retired Staff
xex - spammers / non-mod friendly mostly is all.

Just having issues actually getting it to run atm, going to swap back to XP64b soon here though.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
On the OS? will it not run better on W764b?

also; private channels, and you can disable whispers from non-friends, and only people in game can talk to you. furthermore, private games.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Win 7 ultimate > win xp, any day, imo.

I just don't know of any features XP has more so than W7

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Win 7 ultimate > win xp, any day, imo.

I just don't know of any features XP has more so than W7

It doesn't have all the extra stuff that I don't want or wont use :p - along with all the annoying legacy incompatibilities. I just installed Win XP Pro x64 and it's running like a charm.

Anyway, I've been playign MedianXL on the WorldOfBlizzard private server (Ladder) it's pretty fun. I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to run a custom one.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Hmm, probably. But Sleaker, I've never really had any legacy problems with W7. Even the newer machines we run PLC's and other various motor control systems that were set up to run with early versions of dos and OS's from the late 80's early 90's.

Most of that is hardware side, and has to do with your I/O & IRQ etc. "Parallel Ports". I haven't done any of it in ages, but we do have some customers on our network end that require my (dad's) technical expertise with backwards compatibility.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Granted, it is much much easier to just put the compatible OS on there and set it up, however most of these are also workstations. :shrug:

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Hmm, probably. But Sleaker, I've never really had any legacy problems with W7. Even the newer machines we run PLC's and other various motor control systems that were set up to run with early versions of dos and OS's from the late 80's early 90's.

Most of that is hardware side, and has to do with your I/O & IRQ etc. "Parallel Ports". I haven't done any of it in ages, but we do have some customers on our network end that require my (dad's) technical expertise with backwards compatibility.

Most of my issue is with Driver (audio) stuff on Win7 and graphics related issues. Yes it generally works just fine. But I also don't like a lot of the advanced stuff in Win7 (themes, how you can't turn off the standard folder in the explorer etc). The generic Win7 shell is just annoying in my mind.