• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diablo 3 WOOOOOOOO

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
It's wrong that the game hasn't even been out for a week and you're level 41... that's just sad and way too easy. But that's the way of Blizzard.

And also, I bought D2 like 2 years ago for $5 lol
the game doesn't begin until 60.

that's the design of it, it isn't about leveling.
leveling is about unlocking skills.

once you're in hell mode and nearly unlocked everything (so that you CAN customize) you begin to see the real gameplay depth.

Also, they've held a lot back since the D3 Dev forums. This stuff will get massively expanded upon in about a year or two when the expansion comes out.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
I just don't see any replayability in diablo 3 at all at all... People are already beating the entire game. I heard it takes about 7 hours of playing to beat normal. So are you just going to do the same thing again only harder? I don't really get it. Maybe I'll just support PoE so I can play that :p

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I think you guys are spoiled, to be honest.

I remember when you paid $60 for a video game that gave you 20 hours of gameplay, now everyone and their mother wants to play F2P MMO's for "unlimited" gameplay? It's a farce, and a scam. You still end up paying monthly or there is a system implemented where the game isn't fun unless you pay somehow for it.

You end up paying more and more, for example, monthly charges, "Rubies" or other sources of gems or currency to support MMO's that still only give you limited gameplay.

Diablo 3 has been out for 4 days. The people beating it in 4 days are rushing, skipping content and dialogue, skipping everything they can and there are still 60-70 hours of quality gameplay here to be had.

Plus, unlike mmo's and other games, the content is truly randomized and as you get to harder difficulties traps and new areas you haven't seen before start to appear. 70% of the items (visible) can't even be found in normal mode alone.

I still think most of these complaints are originating from baseless nooby experiences, BECAUSE the game is designed for 60+. Getting to level 60 and hell mode is the beginning of it - and by that I mean you don't really get to customize *everything* until 60. And even then there are tons of armor sets, rare, and legendary items that are randomized well into inferno mode that you can customize even further with unique armor dyes and the like.

There's just so much more depth to the game than the face of it which is where most of the complaints seem be to stemming from, but if you don't care about hack and slash games like this then that's probably another good reason why, you're just denying yourself from saying it outright.

And it takes about 20 hours to beat normal mode, I played from 4:15 AM at release for nearly 40 hours before I finally beat it because I was taking my time.

I'd go on to list multiple games you pay $40-60 for that only give you 20 or less hours of content that were huge hits but I'll save myself the trouble and not do that.

I'd also like to say there's tons of character depth and each character has their own story throughout Diablo 3. The followers also answer and talk to you about different things with different backgrounds as each hero class.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I agree with Xexo about where the majority of the content is aimed at with D3. However the game is not without faults, For instance the socketable gems may as well have just been left out. There are a grand total of 4 different gem types. There is no point getting attributes in anything other than your primary and vitality as the attributes only give bonuses to specific classes and nothing else.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I agree with Xexo about where the majority of the content is aimed at with D3. However the game is not without faults, For instance the socketable gems may as well have just been left out. There are a grand total of 4 different gem types. There is no point getting attributes in anything other than your primary and vitality as the attributes only give bonuses to specific classes and nothing else.

Which we talked about, and agreed on -- Blizzard left content out purposely for room for an expansion (or two, even.)

Diablo isnt about beating the game... its about farming items!

And smashing demonic hordes for hours and hours. Primarily for finding the best items and being able to do it better... Oh, and there's properly introduced PVP, as far as I am aware so there are more points to this system than JUST becoming a perfect build/class/setup. -- although, that is a very specific task already given the sheer amount of customization. I just think some of you guys don't get it, maybe because you haven't actually hit 60.

I'm having a very hard time picking what skills I want as a monk at level 30. I glanced over my level 60 skills and what I'm missing (still about or over half my skills are grayed out, and I am including runes, because they fundamentally change the way your skill works in most cases.)

I've got a really nice "tank" build right now that could be OH! so, so, very much more powerful if I had a 4th passive slot or a 7th active skill, fml.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've never paid $60 for a game for 20 hours, those games are trash... Only games I generally buy have 100+ hours of gameplay

ddrheretic

Legacy Supporter 4
I suppose the 60$ would be easier to stomach if I only had to purchse 1 copy. I do want it but I also wanted my central air unit to efficiently cool my house down. (shits always breaking) I can't purchase 1 copy and sit there smacking things around while my better half watches.

lucky644

Legacy Supporter 4
I loved D1, D2 I didn't really get into as much, but I'm not sure about D3. Does anyone have a buddy/guest pass available?

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
I remember when you paid $60 for a video game that gave you 20 hours of gameplay, now everyone and their mother wants to play F2P MMO's for "unlimited" gameplay? It's a farce, and a scam. You still end up paying monthly or there is a system implemented where the game isn't fun unless you pay somehow for it.

You end up paying more and more, for example, monthly charges, "Rubies" or other sources of gems or currency to support MMO's that still only give you limited gameplay.
I have to disagree with this. You can have loads of fun with games like Path of Exile, Tribes Ascend, Everquest 2, Planetside 2 (when it's eventually released), etc. without paying a dime. There's loads of content as well.

brancher

Obsidian
Currently on act 3 inferno with all the coal harbor fellas'. I'm enjoying it quite thoroughly, something to do until gw2.

I have some guest passses though if someone want's to try, feel free to pm me for them