• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diablo 3 WOOOOOOOO

ddrheretic

Legacy Supporter 4
Probably going to wait until it can be had for 40$ a copy. I won't pay 60$ for console games so I can't even come close to paying that much for a pc game. I will be getting it though. Enjoyed the beta.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I can see why some people don't like Diablo 3. Some of the systems seem half baked and a bit lazy but I have to say I love the detail of the background lore and the general story of the game.

I have been playing a wizard and have finished the campaign on normal. Currently lvl 33 dicking around at the start of Act 1 on nightmare trying to achievement whore :p

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
Played the beta and have no intention of buying this game. Seemed shallow and restricted.

From what I've read since release, my assumptions don't seem to be too far off.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Played the beta and have no intention of buying this game. Seemed shallow and restricted.

Pretty much but I still enjoy the game
Though PoE is still a better game imo :p

Also if anyone wants to play my Battletag is Danda#1276

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I am trying to figure out what class to play...

Tried Barbarian, fun till level 20, then it got boring.

Thinking of maining a wizard. Not sure.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Probably going to wait until it can be had for 40$ a copy. I won't pay 60$ for console games so I can't even come close to paying that much for a pc game. I will be getting it though. Enjoyed the beta.

it will never be $40.

Diablo 2 was $60 for 12 years. UNTIL the DAY Diablo 3 came out. (May 15th.)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff

TBH, I consider it a lot different than my beta experience.
I'm loving the gore, blood, demon spraying, and carnage.

The class "builds" are highly modify-able, but it really depends on what you like.

Ofcourse everyone wants to smash mobs the best, but I think our lack of innocence when it comes to gaming has killed our fun in this regard.

I met a level 39 witch doctor with less than 350 dps, and 2,000 life earlier today. Poor guy was looking for NM public games to kill demons in (y'know, with a group?) and kept saying how much fun he was having and how cool the game was and how hard it is.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I met a level 39 witch doctor with less than 350 dps, and 2,000 life earlier today. Poor guy was looking for NM public games to kill demons in and kept saying how much fun he was having and how cool the game was and how hard it is.

I'm a 41 wizard with well over 80% damage reduction, 6,600 life, and close to 2,000 DPS, and I still get 1-2 shot in Nightmare mode A1-A4. Although, less in A1, and more in A2-A4.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
Then I won't be purchasing it.. Btw I have seen the d2 battlechest for less than 60$ before d3 was released.

What?

Diablo 2 keys could be found for around 3 bucks online even back in 2006 or so.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I've never fooled with that sketchy shit. I guess what I was saying since this is the internet and it's almost required to be specific about anything is, "The retail price will never drop."

edit;
sorry, wasnt really trying to come off as a smartass, just elaborating my point of view. :)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
its worth it man, i'll play a livestream here soon and get on TS3 as I do. give me an hour or two.

Digger360

Obsidian
Just looks like a generic hack and slash to me.

If I cared about "storyline", I'd be playing FFXIII.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
I'm a 41 wizard with well over 80% damage reduction, 6,600 life, and close to 2,000 DPS, and I still get 1-2 shot in Nightmare mode A1-A4. Although, less in A1, and more in A2-A4.

It's wrong that the game hasn't even been out for a week and you're level 41... that's just sad and way too easy. But that's the way of Blizzard.

And also, I bought D2 like 2 years ago for $5 lol

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It's wrong that the game hasn't even been out for a week and you're level 41... that's just sad and way too easy. But that's the way of Blizzard.
You say that but look at the power leveling event in PoE

level 22 in 2 hours :p

Apherdite

Queen Bee
That's power leveling lmao... I've been playing for almost 2 weeks and I'm not 40 yet.

And there were max of like 3 people per event that even got to 22, most only got to like 17-19... and that's playing non-stop.