• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DHX Track like ability

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
So, I'm gonna start off by saying I'm not sure I even think my own idea is a good one, just wanted some thoughts on it, and maybe we could develop the idea further.

So essentially, as the title states, DHX sold/funded tracks.

When I am not a ranger, obviously I am unable to track people, however when I log on in the mornings (GMT +1) there is a small player count. At some times I have counted as little as 4 people on the RPG server. Even with a small player count I still like to track/kill people, however there is not always rangers online (expected of a lower player count).

My suggestion being that there be a command to track people, without going through a ranger. So, as quite obviously we don't want to cut ranger's track selling income for when they are online, so I would suggest pricing be 10-19 souls in price, which is about double the price rangers normally sell tracks for.

Like I said, I'm personally not even sure if I think this is a good idea, but I'm just throwing it out there, I hate not being to hunt people just because I'm in an awkward time zone.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Not a fan of this idea. Would take food off the rangers table. It would be the same if you could buy god picks from the DHX. As an enchanter I would be pissed.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Not a fan of this idea. Would take food off the rangers table. It would be the same if you could buy god picks from the DHX. As an enchanter I would be pissed.

Yeah, haha, as a ranger I agree. Like I said, I didn't neccessarily agree with it, however that's why a high price would be imposed. If a ranger was online, you'd rather pay him 2-8 souls for a track as opposed to, let's say 20 souls.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
That would be reasonable. No one would pay that if they could pay a ranger half of that.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Consider this: HeroGates are the DHX version of a spawn port.

That means that anything from DHX that tracks someone will be proportionally worse than a ranger's track. Within 150 blocks at least, rather than the Ranger's 50.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Consider this: HeroGates are the DHX version of a spawn port.

That means that anything from DHX that tracks someone will be proportionally worse than a ranger's track. Within 150 blocks at least, rather than the Ranger's 50.

However, the gates are in a set spot. That means the player should go to a tracking station and buy a track there.