• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Destroyed Map

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo, two things.
A) As long as I am sanctioned from being banned if I accidentally mistake trash for a build,
B) I can be safe from people who would camp the area near spawn for a short while as I work.

If these can be met, I will clean the 4 sides of bastion.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ah - well the purpose isnt to reclaim resources but to "make it look better" - obviously things that are regioned would be off limits.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo, I will trash all things in my inventory once I'm done, even let admins clear my inventory as I work, except my pickax ofc. I mean if I saw a stone pyramid that was sticking out and useless near spawn, which there are many, I would hate to tear it down and realize it was an active players house. I have no desire to keep anything from builds I clean up. There are many buildings off those main roads and spawn walls that are active, yet not regioned. Maybe schedule a day where a mod could work with two or three architects to figure out which builds are afk and which are owned by active players, as well as being provided some blocks to fill in random potholes or demolished land. It could easily be done in about 2 hours, and the mod would be able to tell us what needs to be taken out, and what qualifies as "Uglification Builds", Yeah, I made up that word.

JuanMarch

Wood
I'm pretty impressed with the amount of attention and agreement this thread received!
I think that a small group of staff with creative mode could sweep bastion pretty quickly, removing eye-sores and things of that sort. Another thought that came to mind is that some worlds are supposed to be exclusively for PVP and resource gathering, right? Why not develop/install some sort of plugin to reset those worlds? I played on the server for the first time recently and it seemed that everyone was really concerned with finding gold and other ores. The first town I joined has a leader that said "Most people say the Bastion has no gold left." With such a massive server population, the resources aren't going to last forever. Resetting the worlds every week or so would allow new players to make a name for themselves on the server.

On a similar note, I was kind of confused as to why it costs 500 coins to lock a chest. I mean, as a new player, 500 coins is A LOT. Even as an experienced player, it's still a lot. Obviously I'm a new player and I probably don't understand the server's economy like the rest of you; but shouldn't it revolve around more than finding gold to lock your chests? Not only does it make the game more difficult than it should be, but it creates more "eye-sores" as well. As I've noticed in my short amount of time playing on the server, most people lock their chests anyway, just by putting a piece of dirt on top of the chests. Now you have dirt everywhere, in front of doors, on top of chests, etc. Why not just allow free LWC? It's near impossible to create functioning storage rooms since you can't securely place chests on top of each other.

Back to the economy though, I think it should about more than locking chests and such. You'll have to forgive me for this, I'm not trying to advertise (I hate the server's crooked staff with a passion), but Athery's Acended/Gazamo has a beautiful economic system. It works flawlessly, and I believe it's based on iConomy. There are no chest shops, there are just central markets in each of the six main cities. Once you've travelled to the market, you can always sell your items with a simple "/sell dirt 100" command. Prices fluctuate automatically based on simple supply and demand. If there are no items available to buy in the market, you can't buy them. This creates a more in-depth economy, rather than just being able to buy, for example, infinite diamonds from an admin shop at $80 a piece, like some servers do.

Another thing I saw someone say is that the trade plugin is basically unused because of bugs with it and that it's really kind of unneeded. I think it's a great idea, looks really cool (reminds me of the old days of Runescape), but I just think it doesn't work like it was intended to in Minecraft.

Excuse me guys for complaining so much about a server and community that I probably have no business complaining about, but these are my thoughts and I'm sure they're shared by quite a few other people as well.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
JuanMarch

The Architects cannot be placed in Creative mode for ANY reason, most our building is done on an Architect seperate world on our creative server, but we cannot redesign the area around Bastion due to private regions and other active plugins such as LWC and Chestshops in the area. Basic supplies for building can only be given materials in chests. The resource worlds are reset, but only with the consent of the Admins when the world has been drained of nearly all resources. As for LWC's, the cost is set high for a reason. As a new player, surviving in the wild with all your rare items is suppose to be nearly impossible. This creates an atmosphere in which players get involved and interact with another player. And besides, if everyone could afford a few LWC's, then raiding would never be fun. Our economics system that we have established is created to make people get what they deserve. And if every person could sell things such as 100000 cobblestone, which even I have with no problem, it would throw the economy off hilter. And if there are bugs with the trade system, tell people to report it; because I've never had a problem with it.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I think the cleanup crew can do it without creative - just need a good pickaxe and a lot of cobble/stone/dirt.
Just need to know where this mass storage of cobble,stone and dirt is located ;)

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo, two things.
A) As long as I am sanctioned from being banned if I accidentally mistake trash for a build,
B) I can be safe from people who would camp the area near spawn for a short while as I work.

If these can be met, I will clean the 4 sides of bastion.

I don't need pvp to be turned off, I'm just worried about accidentally trashing someone's house