• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Design Contest?[PVE?:Event]

Super593

Glowstone
Most events on this server as of lately appear to have been PVP based [The only thing I've seen the past few months is tourneys and some other small stuff or discounts].

What if we tried like experimenting a little with different types of events? Such as maybe a mob/boss design contest among-st the players?

Players create a skin for an enemy, and a concept behind a mob/boss, and describe it. Then they each submit it onto a thread on the forums probably. Eventually the results are graded. I think maybe small contests or things like this would help players to sort of feel like they have more input in the grand scheme of things, while being reasonably judged and maybe even rewarded for a well thought out idea. Possibly even implemented into the server.

What if we had lore contests maybe even?People design their own "character" like In Game Character's backstory maybe or perhaps the lore behind a certain area of herocraft and app that. The most creative/entertaining submissions are rewarded. I mean we're an RPG server, I don't see what would be wrong with this type of idea.

To be frank, this would help by allowing the staff to not have to go out and code an entire event that would last about a week and lead to delays in future events, but rather be a community friendly event that isn't hard to start up and easy to get into.

I mean these are just thoughts, I'm open to criticism because these are far from perfect lol.It's just is every event just gonna be us killing each other or killing a mob?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Lore isn't my department, so no comments there.

As for the design stuff, that's not the hard part of putting out events. It's getting all the configs done and working the ways we want. 4000 Skins and ideas are nice, but come to nothing if there's no config for them. I'm definitely open to suggestions for Event stuff (Including mod/boss/gear ideas) but making an event out of it would just take away from my time working on other projects.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Right now I believe that we need new castles built. I think a building competition to get the last ones we need would be cool.

Obviously this would be in creative.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Right now I believe that we need new castles built. I think a building competition to get the last ones we need would be cool.

Obviously this would be in creative.
That wouldn't be terrible. Could try and get some Architects to judge. Or just Mod+ (so long as they don't participate).

That wouldn't be terrible. Could try and get some Architects to judge. Or just Mod+ (so long as they don't participate).
Or popular vote among ones mods+ deem acceptable. I would compete in something like that though, so I wouldn't personally judge.

Lore stuff would be really cool. It'd be easy to write up a sort of grading sheet on anything written based on (finds inner English Major):

Mainly for history section:
*Grammar/Mechanics/Sentence Structure
*Plot
*Originality
*Detail

Then Overall:
*Detail
*Originality
*Does it all fit together?

The lore competition couldn't be done for a while since we don't have big numbers ATM, and most lore people I know of are out for now. Plus again, seems like something I would compete it.