• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Design-a-logo! [Win 900 coin!]

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I'm am asking the public to help design a couple of logos for Lore projects (my personal Depository and maybe a server Library). This contest has two parts; one for each kind of logo. DHX is kindly sponsoring this contest!

Rules:
  • Must be made out of wool; if you want to use brown, however, I may have to substitute dirt.
  • Don't copy other people's stuff.
  • Go ahead and use Single Player to come up with your designs
  • You can submit as many entries as you want.
600c competition
Design a flag/banner. It can be any shape or size you think is appropriate. If you need some inspiration, here's a loremaster skin I designed and am currently using: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/loremaster-purple--herocraft/.

The flag will initially be placed here:
largene.jpg

300c competition
Design a 4x4 logo. Again, it can be any shape as long as it fits withing the dimensions given. The logo will initially be placed on the four sides of the tower shown below, and can be used by anyone who wants to support the lore project!

smallwf.jpg

The structure the flag/logos will be initially placed on is under heavy construction, so I won't show the rest of it yet.

Good luck to all the applicants!

I will close this competition September 9th whenever I go to sleep (EST).

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Thanks Kainzo! I'm heading to a wedding this weekend, so I'll get to you when I have a chance.

New to the server and need coin to spec? Show me your creativity!

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
EDIT: Finished the symbol, the shape is copied off of those banners hanging in zeal, (Hope that's allowed, just wanted it to keep the same as the rest of the signs) the measurements are exact to the block. I started with 5 stacks of red wool and 2 stacks of white wool. The diamond sword was just to destroy wool faster.​
Total wool used: 286 red wool, 100 white wool.​

I might do the small logo next.​

2011-09-04_101220.png

Just finished the small 4x4 logo based off the loremaster skin you're using. The exact blocks I used to make it are in my inventory. Again, the sword is to destroy the wool faster.
2011-09-04_102422.png

I just want to say on the first one the background color is interchangable, because its so simple.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Quick edit. No restriction on size for the flag/banner. The logo must be 4x4 still.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Here's a few quick 4x4 logos I threw together to get those creative juices flowing. I want to see something different, feel free to try any possible shape and design you want!

example4x4.jpg

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I assume that I can enter both contests? Or just one?

EDIT: Please don't steal my ideas, or any others; let's see creativity! :D

6NVtD.jpg

Ob4P2.jpg
I might change the colors of the Flag/Banner to include purple like on the skin, eventually...

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I await the stuff people send in :D I love seeing that the Lore based stuff is moving forwards!

c12095

Holy Shit!
Ok, it took me a little while to get the idea down, but here it is. P.S. If you don't like the color's i'm more then open to suggestions. I tried to use the lore master skin colors that you linked, and I think it came out good :).
141mrcz.png

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Update. Thanks to a healthy donation from DHX, prize values have been increased. Let's see what you can come up with people!

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Logo big.png

I designed the logo to look like a book, which is the reason for the 3D page effect. However if you think it would look better in 2D, that is quite possible :)

logo small.png

^ I just liked all the pretty colours :D

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Nope. the ones that get used in the Library win it all. Only a little more time to make any changes!