• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[deleted]

What should be done to remedy this issue?

• Greatly increase LWC costs

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Reduce LWC costs, allow TNT to blow them up

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • There's nothing wrong with LWC

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Wat... I've hard earned around 2-3k this map, which is enough for 8-12 LWC if I want. Or just join a town, and safeguard your chests with dirt. Not entirely sure what you're talking about in general, because it was the player base that got rid of plock in the first place.

Precisely the issue. Bases are going to be unraidable.
You can use war (that's still in, right?) to blow up the dirt blocking the top of chests.

In the time I've played, I've never locked a chest. The only time anything was stolen was when a town member stole from me, and I was able to raid their new base to successfully take it back.

Sure, heavy donors have an advantage when it comes to protecting items, and maybe there should be some difficult work-around, but I don't see any massive issue with the current system.

And this isn't pay-to-win since you work for in-game currency to lock chests. Pay-to-win would be paying money to bypass the locks entirely.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm a fan of limiting true item protection to ender chests.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
LWC chest locks are limited, don't forget. You have unlimited LWC locks for doors, furnaces, etc.

Also, the cost isn't returnable. So if you LWC, and then remove it, the 250c is gone even if you have to move it one block over. This is why it's so inexpensive, used to be nearly 500c.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
plocks were unlimited and free. That made people unraidable. This system you are guaranteed to find un-lwc'd chests.

250c is an alright price, as Roy said... there is no refund!

As for you having trouble getting 250c... you're doing something wrong because I bring home that on a single mining trip using just 1 pickaxe....

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
If PLOCK were to stay, I would say that they must breakable by TNT.

I believe plocks chests were breakable by tnt, or so I was told. Did not see it first hand. But by breakable I mean they vanished as if the block was destroyed. Then later it would just regen back with all the items still in it and still locked.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Let's get this straight: raiding has not been the focus of Herocraft's PvP for a long time. Players don't even drop items instantly on death anymore. The LWC chests are a nice system to ensure that players who can't protect their towns are rightfully insured on items they wouldn't want to lose. The fact that these chests are limited and cost money will result in more raidable chests anyways, as plock was unlimited and free. Honestly, I don't even see LWC chests as an issue, as they have been the system for storing items for almost the entire life of Herocraft. As a side note, if you don't have 250c to lock a chest with LWC, you probably don't have anything worth storing in them anyways. I would also like to mention that they used to cost 500c, but because of the soul shard reductions, they were reduced to 250c, along with town startup costs and a few others. Overall, the system is fine where it's at, and certainly doesn't need the drastic changes you are proposing.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
250 is nothing for an LWC, making that should be easy, especially between voting, mining, and farming.

There are ender chests in spawn that act as a free 1 chest LWC that you can use to keep things until you save money.

LWC is fine imo.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Starting tomorrow (1/6/2017), password locks will be removed from blocks. In their place (as it was for the last six years), LWC will return with a cost of 250c per block. They are indestructible blocks.

Let's get something straight here - 250c is extremely cheap for access to unbreakable chests in a hardcore server. A quick $23 will allow anyone to LWC all of their chests in seconds, rendering them unraidable. Sure you can blow up the base around them, but let's be real here. No one builds a fancy above-ground base on Herocraft.
However, this cost is just low enough to prevent anyone who does not donate from locking their chests. The amount of hours I have poured into this map is ridiculous, and yet, 250c is too high for me to say I can lock my chests.

Here's a summary: Paid players are unraidable, most others are raidable. That's Pay to Win. Period.

If you want to continue calling this server "hardcore", this is what has to be done.
1. Allow TNT to blow up LWC chests
2. Significantly lower the cost of LWC locks
2. Continue to restrict TNT to high-level professions

As someone who plans to donate, the server is P2W and is not hardcore with such a system.

We spoke about this in-game, and every player listening agreed with me, except for admins who do not play the map. Listen to your player base on this one.

Thanks for reading,

Chearcher

I am a little confused by your argument here. So you want the server to to make changes to chest protections to become more hardcare but you are against LWC versus plock? People are more unraidable than ever with plock and in the LWC system there are very strict limits even for donors on how many lwc chests you can have. A high tier donor might be able to protect all of THEIR stuff but I wouldn't bother raiding a solo player. My targets have always been towns that are gathering more materials than their protections can protect. Under the plock system they can protect every single chest no problem. There are 64^3 possible combinations for locks so brute force is not an option. Also today LWC at the 250c price is about half of what it used to cost but that cost was reduced because people complained. I've never really considered the slight price reduction for being a higher donor tier to be a significant perk but as you climb the donor tiers you get a couple of LWC chests for free and that's the only P2W feature I can see from this. I think the best way to keep HC hardcore while keeping LWC would be to greatly reduce the number of free chests donors get and reduce the chest clmits on everyone. This way you simply can't lock enough chests in total anyway to protect everything (though if you're not playing alone you already didn't have enough climits for your stuff)

Side note - 250c is less than an average mining trip for most people. It really isn't much money

Anyway, I'm not saying LWC is the best thing ever. We absolutely need to change how chest protections work but both plock and lwc are fundamentally flawed.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Starting tomorrow (1/6/2017), password locks will be removed from blocks. In their place (as it was for the last six years), LWC will return with a cost of 250c per block. They are indestructible blocks.

Let's get something straight here - 250c is extremely cheap for access to unbreakable chests in a hardcore server. A quick $23 will allow anyone to LWC all of their chests in seconds, rendering them unraidable. Sure you can blow up the base around them, but let's be real here. No one builds a fancy above-ground base on Herocraft.
However, this cost is just low enough to prevent anyone who does not donate from locking their chests. The amount of hours I have poured into this map is ridiculous, and yet, 250c is too high for me to say I can lock my chests.

Here's a summary: Paid players are unraidable, most others are raidable. That's Pay to Win. Period.

If you want to continue calling this server "hardcore", this is what has to be done.
1. Allow TNT to blow up LWC chests
2. Significantly lower the cost of LWC locks
2. Continue to restrict TNT to high-level professions

As someone who plans to donate, the server is P2W and is not hardcore with such a system.

We spoke about this in-game, and every player listening agreed with me, except for admins who do not play the map. Listen to your player base on this one.

Thanks for reading,

Chearcher
Easy solution, join a town. People can share their LWCs :p As we've done for the 6+ years. And if you think this ruins the hardcore nature, if there was nothing to stop raids from reducing a player to nothing, you'd have no one to fight anymore. We all must sleep sometime. LWC at least limits this, passlock was unlimited.

Byrozy

TNT
I think that allowing TNT to unlock LWC for 5minutes would be a good idea since we still keep the raiding aspect.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
If we allow TNT to unlock LWCs, why even use them at all. Just join a town and put a block above your chests. It's an interesting idea to make the server more hardcore, but I'm thinking the large majority would be against this. Also, I think obtaining TNT would be too easy and should be changed if this idea came to fruition.

Last edited: