• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Deathchest plugin

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Have been testing it, and seems like when the chest can not spawn, instead of dropping your inventory, everything just disappear.
Happens when it tries to spawn in tall-grass and inside portals at least.

Have seen the same bug 4 times now

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Have been testing it, and seems like when the chest can not spawn, instead of dropping your inventory, everything just disappear.
Happens when it tries to spawn in tall-grass and inside portals at least.

Have seen the same bug 4 times now
Are you sure tall grass does it? I know portals do, but as far as I knew, tall grass would drop item because the chest won't spawn there.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Are you sure tall grass does it? I know portals do, but as far as I knew, tall grass would drop item because the chest won't spawn there.

Dont know if its tall grass and something else, but definetly above grass it happens. Once close to diamond castle, my chest didnt spawn neither drop anything, also, i didnt get any notification from the plugin like "inventory stored" or "inventory dropped". And a second time killing a guy next to other castle, it was above grass again, the chest didnt spawn, he didnt drop anything. Maybe has to do with regioned grass, no idea...

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
There was once where I died 200-300 blocks from a castle (so not regioned) and I got a message that my inventory was stored. Within 10 seconds I got a message that my deathchest broke. The guy who was camping it gave a "wtf" in -chat and he was the new proud owner of a ton of garage.

Lmno_Gaming

Stone
i lost all my stuff upon dying when i was killed with no tall grass or anything in the area, it was just leaves and grass but my stuff just disappeared for some odd reason, is that meant to happen or was it just my luck?

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
i lost all my stuff upon dying when i was killed with no tall grass or anything in the area, it was just leaves and grass but my stuff just disappeared for some odd reason, is that meant to happen or was it just my luck?
The D.C. Plugin is a bit finicky. Hard to know if you are going to spawn a chest or not. I'm not sure if we can fix it or not.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
The D.C. Plugin is a bit finicky. Hard to know if you are going to spawn a chest or not. I'm not sure if we can fix it or not.

I mean, the issue isnt that the chest isnt spawning, the problem is that the items dont drop either. That wasnt happening before, and thats what might be able to get fixed

Lmno_Gaming

Stone
could it be possible to edit the coding to make the chest drop in a safe area near the death rather than straight on the death marker? it could be useful and make deathchest more practical in the sense that you can't just run straight to where you died you'd have to look around for the chest

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
lets just remove death chests

Remove? no. Introduce a key that is a rare drop that gives a percentage chance of opening up a locked death chest? Yes. Either that or adding it to a profession, maybe blacksmith, on a very long cooldown (1 hour?).

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Remove? no. Introduce a key that is a rare drop that gives a percentage chance of opening up a locked death chest? Yes. Either that or adding it to a profession, maybe blacksmith, on a very long cooldown (1 hour?).
I like that idea. It could go to runesmith and blacksmith

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Or we could just replace the plugin, add a reagent, and reduce the lock time

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
So...... this was a bug report about something not working in the plugin.
It may not be fixable. I don't know the plugin, but it's not ours. So, we don't really have control of it. Potentially replacing the plugin with something else could fix the issue. But, these suggestions are possible resolutions to the bug originally reported.