• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Death chests

macura

Diamond
I propose that the timer on death chests should be set to 3-4minutes instead of 7.

Why it the timer should be reduced:

1. Waiting- Waiting for a 7 minute death chest sucks. It is boring and extremely time consuming. If i go out on a raid and i get 4 kills i will have to spend almost a half an hour just waiting for their death chests to unlock, to get their stuff which might not even be worthwhile.

2. Getting killed- Getting jumped by 5+ guys when you are waiting for a death chest is not uncommon, it is actually a pretty frequent experience. I understand that if i kill a guy the rest of the town has the right to get pissed and come to try and kill me but it seems hardly fair when i have to remain in the same spot for 7 minutes in order to collect the loot. This pretty much single handedly destroyed solo pvp. You can't fight everyone by yourself but if you want the loot you have to try, which for the most of the time fails.

3. Destroys the point of being evil- If death chests remain when the karma system come in it will be pointless to be evil. The reason given for how the karma system "balances" everything is that evil people get loot from people and in turn get punished for being evil. This doesn't really work because there is not that much loot in pvp anymore mainly because you cannot keep it half the time. Evil players cannot stand out in the open against the overwhelming amounts of good players. Half the point of being evil is to be sneaky. You never see a villain who doesn't have some secret lair they reside in, if they didn't the army would come in and kill them. Death chests force pvpers (evil or not) to stand out in the open and wait with their pants down. Overall this and the karma system will destroy the point of being evil because it will make them be at a significant disadvantage. And do not say "Well we don't want people to be evil" because even though evil is "bad" you need it. Think of the ying yang, there is a balance that is crucial. Without evil there is no good.

Please rate agree/disagree and leave of comment of why you think this way.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I can see both sides of the issue - the problem with a shorter timer would be the time it would take you to run back from a nearby graveyard to try to get your stuff back.

Perhaps a new skill / spell is needed. Ninjas are know for picking locks so give them the ability to pick the Death Chest. Also since Enderpearls are eventually being removed from wizards replace it with the old fashion Knock spell which can open a death chest. This will help some classes but not allow everyone to instantly loot the chest.

Or perhaps some way to allow you to look in the chest without being able to take anything. Then you can decide if you want to wait or not.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
You never see a villain who doesn't have some secret lair they reside in, if they didn't the army would come in and kill them.
Mordor.jpg

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
That is very pay to win.
And how it was for DragonGuarde...
I can see both sides of the issue - the problem with a shorter timer would be the time it would take you to run back from a nearby graveyard to try to get your stuff back.

Perhaps a new skill / spell is needed. Ninjas are know for picking locks so give them the ability to pick the Death Chest. Also since Enderpearls are eventually being removed from wizards replace it with the old fashion Knock spell which can open a death chest. This will help some classes but not allow everyone to instantly loot the chest.

Or perhaps some way to allow you to look in the chest without being able to take anything. Then you can decide if you want to wait or not.
I like the PickLock idea for ninjas. They could use it.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
That is very pay to win.

I am a donor and I agree. Death Chests for donors only is a bad idea. Perhaps death chests will still exist but 'evil' people can open them faster than 'good' people since we all know evil kills for wealth and power.

M

Multis_Revenge12

Think of this way: Unless you happen to be a cultist, your followers and friends would typically not entomb your body for its memory.

Great, well respected exemplars get tombs.
That is a great way to put it, I do agree with this. :p

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
bad people dont get tombstones ;)

That sounds pretty powerful. I am a 'good' player but I hope this karma system isn't designed to just punish evildoers as then whats the point. Hopefully everyone will need to declare an alignment and as they follow it they all get bonuses / perks.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
That sounds pretty powerful. I am a 'good' player but I hope this karma system isn't designed to just punish evildoers as then whats the point. Hopefully everyone will need to declare an alignment and as they follow it they all get bonuses / perks.
I was thinking that BOTH sides would have bonuses AND drawbacks. ;)

M

Multis_Revenge12

I like the PickLock idea for ninjas. They could use it.
Maybe a new profession?
EDIT: If there is a new profession it could tie in with the Karma system having picklocking the bad side and lets say trading for the good side.(not sure what a good skill would be)

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the idea of a picklock skill even if its only ninja (or maybe all rogue specs) it would add some use for ninjas in teamfights