• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dealing with Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanXWing

Dirt
Now far be it from me to tell you how to run your forum, but in my opinion your efficiency is not optimal if you put priority on applications with errors first. Its seems like you punish those who followed your rules for the sake of helping people who did not.

Here is a screenshot of two threads receiving a lot of attention while 5 others are ignored.

effhc.jpg

Vonwalt

Dirt
Hey, I'm on that list! Cool! Oh wait, it's the list of people who haven't been whitelisted yet. Oh no!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Applications are reviewed in order of receipt. All applications will be looked at within 24 hours. We do not pick and choose what applications to review, we want the oldest reviewed first. Many times we do not know there is an issue with an application until we actually review it, so your "suggestion" would not work.

The priority is not on the ones with errors, it is on the ones I am reviewing.

RyanXWing

Dirt
Well thats my point is that is not an efficient manner to do that if there are errors. First respond in the order received but as you respond how long each application will take will become evident. If its a good application and wont take long at all simply finish it and move on to the next one. If it will take more time to do, such as the application is improperly filled out simply tell them what to fix and move on to the next application. So on and so forth.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Well thats my point is that is not an efficient manner to do that if there are errors. First respond in the order received but as you respond how long each application will take will become evident. If its a good application and wont take long at all simply finish it and move on to the next one. If it will take more time to do, such as the application is improperly filled out simply tell them what to fix and move on to the next application. So on and so forth.

And what makes you think we do not do that now?

I certainly do NOT sit there and only work on one application at a time. If that was the case I would not be Senior Proctor, and not have the amount of applications reviewed that I do ((11 whitelisted today alone, not even counting the reviewed applications)). I have a life outside of HCO, and I have other things I do. I do not sit there and refresh the page to see when an application is posted. There are also other sites we need to handle not just HCO.

Not that I have to justify myself to you the way it goes is like this:

• Look at the app
  • Complete? Finish the review
  • Not complete? Have them fix it
  • Move on to another application
In the middle of all of that, I am also handling alerts from people who are replying.

RyanXWing

Dirt
I did not accuse you of anything, I was simply suggesting a way to more efficently answer applications. If you do not want my help that is fine, and I apologize that you felt that way. But the screenshot clearly shows that you focused on two applications that required a lot of attention where as there were several that as of now took a fraction of the attention. I am not accusing you of being inattentive or bad at your job. I am just saying that it seems like you could get a lot more done in a lot less time.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I did not accuse you of anything, I was simply suggesting a way to more efficently answer applications. If you do not want my help that is fine, and I apologize that you felt that way. But the screenshot clearly shows that you focused on two applications that required a lot of attention where as there were several that as of now took a fraction of the attention. I am not accusing you of being inattentive or bad at your job. I am just saying that it seems like you could get a lot more done in a lot less time.

I focused on two applications I was working on at that time. I am not the only one who reviews the applications, and I am not going to review them all. We take an initial look at all applications within 24 hours of posting. We run on a greylist so people can log in and play even if they are not whitelisted they just have limitations.

Just because there is an application does not mean we will jump the moment it is posted. Again there are other things we do besides review applications, like play the game or have lives.

In regards to your help, no I personally do not really want it, because until you fully understand what goes on, you really cannot speak on the issue.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We will handle our application system as we see fit. If you feel your application has not been checked within 24-48 hours, feel free to give it a friendly bump or repost it.

Also - you or your friend can log in, seeing as we have a GREYLIST - so go play in Warshard with him and help level until (if) he passes his app :)

Status
Not open for further replies.