• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Just want to ask, but if I my brains grow some epic smartness to them and I learn to DDOS and decide to try it on a Brazilian person. Would my legal punishment be based on Brazil's laws or my homecountry's laws? And no, Im not going to do anything, just wondering, because if you are under 15 and live in Finland, you cant get jail.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
Just want to ask, but if I my brains grow some epic smartness to them and I learn to DDOS and decide to try it on a Brazilian person. Would my legal punishment be based on Brazil's laws or my homecountry's laws? And no, Im not going to do anything, just wondering, because if you are under 15 and live in Finland, you cant get jail.
I believe it would go by the laws of the country you are in

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
I think its with your homecountry laws and although you may not be 15 it will go on your record and you also will receive other punishments

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is not meaning to come off as an advertisement but to let Brazilian servers host without fear of DDOS.
The guys at javapipe.com said that in an effort to get servers back online that were taken down by this guy, they are offering discounts for those affected.

http://javapipe.com/web/ddos_mitigation.html - is their "normal" price plan.
For those wanting more info, you can chat with them live here. If you mention Herocraft DDoS, they should give you a discount.

While anti-ddos protection is in no way "cheap", this host has been able to thwart off 100% of the attacks (up to 10Gbps of attacks) on our 100Mbps port.

This is actually the first time I've heard of craftlandia. The server I used to play on (ranges from 1-5 on minestatus) got small DDoS attacks all the time after our events. People like the craftlandia admin are the worst, and must be stopped. I just saw the status update on the side, and wish you luck in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.