• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I sent emails. All I see in their message to mojang and stuff is that "spunkiiez" doesn't exist on their servers, why is he under their admin list for one of their servers on their advertisement video then? They lying to the minecraft community and mojangs face.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Make sure to protect your personal info/basic computer things when going onto Kainzolies blog, because he can access many things by just visiting his site.

BadHaddy

User Abuser
DDoS protection takes time, its not a switch you flip and you are good to go. My company (which the forum server falls under) pays around 22k/mo to the data center the forums server is in. It still took about 2 hours to get it up and running, and that was in full blown 'huge customer needs it NOW' mode.

BadHaddy

User Abuser
Help, I'm noobish at these things, I have been on the blog what can I do?

Don't worry about it, a very large number of computers have visited that site, he lacks the resources to attack them, and blogsite has heuristics to prevent any trickery (spyware, etc)

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Don't worry about it, a very large number of computers have visited that site, he lacks the resources to attack them, and blogsite has heuristics to prevent any trickery (spyware, etc)
Thanks! Man, this is why I love herocraft, we all look after each other. :D I never want to leave this fantastic community.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Help, I'm noobish at these things, I have been on the blog what can I do?

If you visited already, nothing much. He can see IP's and probably can do a lot more with just looking at his site. Just using WordPress for blogs gives you the the location of where the person accessed your page, the IP, and what link they clicked to get to your page (google, a forum link, etc). So if WordPress gives you that, I am sure he can see more.

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
If you visited already, nothing much. He can see IP's and probably can do a lot more with just looking at his site. Just using WordPress for blogs gives you the the location of where the person accessed your page, the IP, and what link they clicked to get to your page (google, a forum link, etc). So if WordPress gives you that, I am sure he can see more.
He's using Blogspot, not WP. I doubt he can even see your IPs. AFAIK Blogspot doesn't give you access to SERVER variables like referers.

BadHaddy

User Abuser

Thats the standard stuff ALL webservers can tell you.

Referrer (where you came from)
IP (required to send the data back to you, silly!)
Location (geolocation databases from IP, ever used weather.com and typed in your IP? Thats part of how they make cash)
OS/browser (Sent to the site so it know how to render your webpage. Thats how sites know you are on a mobile browser, etc)

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't understand what this guy thinks he can do?

If it's not about money, it's about something as silly as "being the best of some online game that earns me nothing and adds no value to my life or my overall worth to the human race" why put this much effort into it? It's so...sad :p

We're not going anywhere, he's not gonna win.
He should give in before he gets serious trouble.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't understand what this guy thinks he can do?

If it's not about money, it's about something as silly as "being the best of some online game that earns me nothing and adds no value to my life or my overall worth to the human race" why put this much effort into it? It's so...sad :p

We're not going anywhere, he's not gonna win.
Correct - also btw - did everyone get the email I sent out on behalf of Herocraft?

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Sent out all the e-mails here. I'll get my friend to send some, and my grandmother, and my friends dad, and so on.

I don't stop at just me.

BadHaddy

User Abuser

Too late, he crossed me. My webserver is secure against the best he was able to come up with, I'm waiting for other avenues to be exhausted before I start abusing my business connections. You don't run an aerospace corporation without making contacts. Those are the kinds of things you save for when something goes REALLY wrong (satellite caught in customs in Argentina, for example) but hes nearing the point where i want to go farther.

Also, craftlandia, REALLY? You are asking JEB to listen to you when you distribute a PIRATED copy of his source of income?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Zelda Herocraft, Duke Onkled Kainzo is under attack by the evil forces of Ganon Craftlandia! I'm going to Gamelon Brazil to aid him!

''But Father Majoras, what if something happens to you?''

I'll take the Triforce of Courage my saplings to protect me! If you don't hear from me in a month, send Link bonemeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.