• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die (PC)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
After giving it a second try. Despite the horrid controls, I think this game is so fucking awesome.
I hope they fix the mouse controls cause its really sub-par.

Joining the Blade of the Dark Moon covenant soon ;)

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
from looking at screen shot it looks like they made the graphics worse on pc, but the gameplay is amazing so everyone one should play it anyeays. also warning about getting to sen's fortress, there is a major difficulty spike from then on.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
After giving it a second try. Despite the horrid controls, I think this game is so fucking awesome.
I hope they fix the mouse controls cause its really sub-par.

Joining the Blade of the Dark Moon covenant soon ;)
Dark Wraith for lyfe!

_KittyGotWet_

Banned
I'm more of a Sun Bro. :cool:
I really like the look of arena in the matchmaking you guys have. Sure beats the dueling-walkway-thing in Anor Londo.

~Jolly Cooperation!

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm more of a Sun Bro. :cool:
I really like the look of arena in the matchmaking you guys have. Sure beats the dueling-walkway-thing in Anor Londo.

~Jolly Cooperation!
Brethren before Wenches.
brethren-before-wenches.jpg

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The issue for me is connection - when attempting to play with Apherdite, it wont connect us and the connection fails 90% Of the time.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
well the ps3 version had plenty of connection issues, mainly because it didnt have dedicated servers (demon souls had dedicated but demon souls sucks compared to dark souls) so you cant reliable play with people you know or even see a message they placed. Honestly this game should not be bought to play multiplayer with someone else because of how you cant really pick who you play with.

_KittyGotWet_

Banned
You just gotta be organised if you wanna play with specific players. My friends and I have arranged awkward locations to leave our summon signs so other people don't find them. Just hang around them for a minute or two and it'll pop up. There is of course joining the same covenant like the Princess's Guard, so you guys can find each other more easily.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
So is this like a cross between Monster Hunter and Skyrim?
Its like a standalone RPG where you do what you want and make your own destiny. Its really dark and holds a very silent story besides a few NPCs who will give some insight. Most people flocked to it based on its sheer difficulty and its mass PvP opportunities. EVEN today it stands on EB/Gamestop's top 5 MOST WANTED games list. CoD isn't even on that list... which is saying something.

I personally beat the game 1.5 times and my father beat it 6 times. His opinion of the game was this: "It reminds me of when I was young and played Dungeons and Dragons."

I barely recommend newer games because of how bad most of them are, but this is a good grab.

Also, just for you Dylan, its made by From Software :p Armored Core 5 was no wheres near as fun as this game :D