• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Custom Stamina / Mana / Health Potions

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thanks to the wonderful wizard @mung3r we now have hero commands to restore %'s for HP mana and Stamina.

I'd like to introduce Cauldron recipes for Alchemist to make Custom potions.
We can have multiple tiers, or just flat "Mana Potion" kinda thing.

Looking for numbers @Balance Team
We want them to be worth it, but not insane.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd like to keep these numbers a bit small if we can, we can also block it in combat with HEroFeatures (which we actively should)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'd like to keep these numbers a bit small if we can, we can also block it in combat with HEroFeatures (which we actively should)
Why would we block them? We allow Emeralds and Diamonds in combat, and vanilla HP pots.
I agree on the numbers, just curious why you'd wanna block them in combat when we already have things of the like.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
My question is, do we want it to share the same CD as diamonds and emeralds? As in you can drink a potion or you can eat a(n) diamond/emerald?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
My question is, do we want it to share the same CD as diamonds and emeralds? As in you can drink a potion or you can eat a(n) diamond/emerald?
TBH I was thinking these would replace those, since these would
A: Give Alchemist some more use since most Pots aren't helpful
and B: Would be config based, so changes to them can be made easily.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
TBH I was thinking these would replace those, since these would
A: Give Alchemist some more use since most Pots aren't helpful
and B: Would be config based, so changes to them can be made easily.
Yeah, absolutely, I was partially thinking that too. Would make way more lore sense also. Hmm, I would like to hear other people's opinions on just straight swapping the items.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Gonna throw this in.

Have the mana potions give back a certain amount (a %).
Have stamina potions increase stamina regeneration.

This is because the time you drink a stamina potion the stamina is already recovered (not a problem with diamonds because it is instant).

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Gonna throw this in.

Have the mana potions give back a certain amount (a %).
Have stamina potions increase stamina regeneration.

This is because the time you drink a stamina potion the stamina is already recovered (not a problem with diamonds because it is instant).
Was gonna have them be instant as well.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Was gonna have them be instant as well.
If possible, I really like the stamina idea. Since Stamina is less bursty with its drain, makes sense to me to have it be a faster regen.

Also, I think replacing emeralds and diamonds is a great idea, since we really don't explain what/why its a thing (Which also means new players need to figure it out). This way it feels more immersive and also can be explained as part of the Alchemist Class.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
If possible, I really like the stamina idea. Since Stamina is less bursty with its drain, makes sense to me to have it be a faster regen.

Also, I think replacing emeralds and diamonds is a great idea, since we really don't explain what/why its a thing (Which also means new players need to figure it out). This way it feels more immersive and also can be explained as part of the Alchemist Class.
Currently it's set up to do percentage boosts.
mung3r is gonna look into having a command to boost regen for a short time, similar to skills Battle Song and Clarity.

Also, on test, there are 2 recipies for the potions.
A Basic Mana Potion (Any Potion + Gold Block) and a God Potion (Any Potion + Diamond)
Need to be Alchemist to craft. Mainly for testing the commands, but they get the feel across.

Last edited:

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
The idea proposed:

Runesmith: Allow them to make off hand items that give HP/MP bonuses.
Blacksmith: Allow them to forge special weapons and metal armor.
Alchemist: Is already getting a similar change.
Enchanter: Allow them to make special leather armor and maybe magic based weapons (Hoe/Wand etc)
Merchant: Just a toss out idea, but maybe allow them to make luck items?

As for specifics:
Blacksmith gets Axe/Sword/Spear(Shovel)/Dagger.
Weapons should be 2-3 Sharpness with no unbreaking. Have it give 5-10 HP. Maybe making it level 30 to make these and at level 60 it becomes slightly easier (Maybe gives slight unbreaking). Requires the appropriate amount of diamonds/iron to craft the tool, and then it should have <dungeon specific shard> that you combine a number of to create a haft/handle/guard which you then use to create the weapon. We could write it in as if the black smith is repairing long forgotten weapons.

Armor should have unbreaking 1-3 and give 2-5 HP per piece. Level 60 allow it to have fire/blast protect 1 or maybe have it the other way around. Should require some sort of dust/powder that can be used in crafting. Allowing the item to be made using the proper material and combining it with the item.

Runesmith gets the ability to craft books and paper that give 5-10 HP or MP if possible. Have it so the paper is for HP and Books for MP? To craft it should require bloodletting ink and Emerald Dust ink which drop in dungeons and have it combined with paper/books.

Enchanter can make hoes, maybe 2 different ones. Hoe 1 gives 5-10 hp and has kb 1 and hoe 2 has fire aspect 1 5-10 hp. Level 60 could add some unbreaking to it. Requires enchanted shaft to create hoe 1 and scorched shaft for hoe 2. Leather armor should be the same as the blacksmith, but require magic stitches

Merchant maybe can make armor or offhand luck items? Or have some way to buy/sell these items or materials?

@LordZelkova I'm not sure if this is what you meant, if not, just clarify and I can alter it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The idea proposed:

Runesmith: Allow them to make off hand items that give HP/MP bonuses.
Blacksmith: Allow them to forge special weapons and metal armor.
Alchemist: Is already getting a similar change.
Enchanter: Allow them to make special leather armor and maybe magic based weapons (Hoe/Wand etc)
Merchant: Just a toss out idea, but maybe allow them to make luck items?

As for specifics:
Blacksmith gets Axe/Sword/Spear(Shovel)/Dagger.
Weapons should be 2-3 Sharpness with no unbreaking. Have it give 5-10 HP. Maybe making it level 30 to make these and at level 60 it becomes slightly easier (Maybe gives slight unbreaking). Requires the appropriate amount of diamonds/iron to craft the tool, and then it should have <dungeon specific shard> that you combine a number of to create a haft/handle/guard which you then use to create the weapon. We could write it in as if the black smith is repairing long forgotten weapons.

Armor should have unbreaking 1-3 and give 2-5 HP per piece. Level 60 allow it to have fire/blast protect 1 or maybe have it the other way around. Should require some sort of dust/powder that can be used in crafting. Allowing the item to be made using the proper material and combining it with the item.

Runesmith gets the ability to craft books and paper that give 5-10 HP or MP if possible. Have it so the paper is for HP and Books for MP? To craft it should require bloodletting ink and Emerald Dust ink which drop in dungeons and have it combined with paper/books.

Enchanter can make hoes, maybe 2 different ones. Hoe 1 gives 5-10 hp and has kb 1 and hoe 2 has fire aspect 1 5-10 hp. Level 60 could add some unbreaking to it. Requires enchanted shaft to create hoe 1 and scorched shaft for hoe 2. Leather armor should be the same as the blacksmith, but require magic stitches

Merchant maybe can make armor or offhand luck items? Or have some way to buy/sell these items or materials?

@LordZelkova I'm not sure if this is what you meant, if not, just clarify and I can alter it.
Nope, this is exactly what I was looking for.
I'm not positive if these can even be done right now (Due to how we do items), but I'm working on it.
Custom potions are completed for plain crafting if we want to start playing with numbers on those.
Still trying to see if I can require Cauldron use for the potions, we'll see.

This a note to myself mostly, but I will take input:
Make items in MythicMobs to give Enchants and Attributes.
Have Dust/GemSstone/Other Reagents used to craft command Item that gives mythic item.
Could restrict crafting to certain professions, similar to what we have.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
@Balance Team
Time for numbers.

For Custom Potions we can have them either give all at once (Similar to Consuming Emerald/Diamond) or give it over a period of time (Similar to Battle/Mana Song). This can apply to HP, Mana, or Stamina, and are all % Based. So we can restore 100% Stamina over 10s, giving 100 Stam per second as an example.

Throw numbers at me and we can get these into combat testing.

Other Crafting Stuff is in the works.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Thanks to the wonderful wizard @mung3r we now have hero commands to restore %'s for HP mana and Stamina.

I'd like to introduce Cauldron recipes for Alchemist to make Custom potions.
We can have multiple tiers, or just flat "Mana Potion" kinda thing.
Just now saw this thread.
Commands, while neat, are completely and totally irrelevant to potions.
We _do_ have custom potions though (fun fact: healing and regen are already able to be set to whatever values we want) and could convert some into mana/stam.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Just now saw this thread.
Commands, while neat, are completely and totally irrelevant to potions.
We _do_ have custom potions though (fun fact: healing and regen are already able to be set to whatever values we want) and could convert some into mana/stam.
rip
I've been poking trying to find that out, and was unaware that we even had them (I know we can make "custom" ones with the spawn commands).The reason I use the commands is because I can execute them in command items, as well as give them custom recipes there.

If there's a simpler way, well then rip mung3r, but please show me.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
rip
I've been poking trying to find that out, and was unaware that we even had them (I know we can make "custom" ones with the spawn commands).The reason I use the commands is because I can execute them in command items, as well as give them custom recipes there.

If there's a simpler way, well then rip mung3r, but please show me.
SkillCustomPotion, it's hardcoded definitions for potion type -> some custom thing.

Speed is still speed, but can break on combat.
Health/regen get replaced with Heroes health/regen of customizable amounts.

Can add in anything that can be coded, really, you just have to completely sacrifice a vanilla potion type for it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
SkillCustomPotion, it's hardcoded definitions for potion type -> some custom thing.

Speed is still speed, but can break on combat.
Health/regen get replaced with Heroes health/regen of customizable amounts.

Can add in anything that can be coded, really, you just have to completely sacrifice a vanilla potion type for it.
Hm, well, main issue would be it'd get confusing since we couldn't rename the potions. A potion of Strength would still say Potion of Strength (Unless of course we can rename them and this point is moot).

We can sack Strength for stam and maybe Regen for Mana.
How simple would it be to get that in?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Hm, well, main issue would be it'd get confusing since we couldn't rename the potions. A potion of Strength would still say Potion of Strength (Unless of course we can rename them and this point is moot).

We can sack Strength for stam and maybe Regen for Mana.
How simple would it be to get that in?
It'd be relatively simple, as I had to do a bunch of crap for Health/Regen as it was.
Naming the potion items depends on how they're granted; if they're brewed, it'd be mildly/pretty hard.
If you're granting through other means, you can at least rename/give lore to them, but the effect list will still state the original.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It'd be relatively simple, as I had to do a bunch of crap for Health/Regen as it was.
Naming the potion items depends on how they're granted; if they're brewed, it'd be mildly/pretty hard.
If you're granting through other means, you can at least rename/give lore to them, but the effect list will still state the original.
Can you get this in?
I've just returned from a trip and would like to pick this back up if we can.

I can always use ComItems.

Also yes, we should replace emeralds/diamonds as uses heh.
We can remove them once we get some form of potion in.