• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Custom Items Proposal

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I've no idea what the Devs have in mind for the future of Custom items, so I don't know how feasible any of this is, it's rather extensive, so I doubt it'll be implemented any time soon, but in the future, maybe...

I thought it would be nice if custom items can be found by not just killing mobs, but also in chests in mineshafts, strongholds and dungeons.

Killing mobs:
50% a mob will drop an item on death, 50% chance a mob won't drop an item on death.

60% chance of the item being a tool, 40% chance of the item being armour. (The durability on items would be completely random)

If the item is a tool or weapon(Sword, axe, spade, hoe, pickaxe, music disc, bow)- equal chance of getting any one of these) there's a 15% chance it'll be a diamond item, 5% chance it'll be a gold item, 30% chance it'll be an iron item, 25% chance it'll be a stone item, and a 20% chance it'll be a wooden item)

If the item is a piece of armour(equal chance of getting a helmet, chest, leggings or boots), there's a 15% chance it'll be diamond, a 5% chance it'll be gold, a 25% chance it'll be iron, a 30% chance it'll be chain, and a 25% chance it'll be leather.

All items dropped are enchanted.

75% chance the item has been identified(you can see the enchantments it has)
25% chance it would be unidentified(the enchantments are hidden)
(An unidentified item has no special effects, until the enchantment is identified)
Items only have 1 enchantment, but they can be combined the same way you'd normally combine enchanted items: via an anvil. But obviously, there would be very high costs for some.
I was thinking a new skill could be implemented that identifies the enchantments on items, possibly for Enchanter?

If it has been identified, there's a 50% chance it'll be a common enchantment:, a 30% chance it'll be uncommon, a 15% chance it'll be rare, and a 5% chance it'll be very rare.
The chance of getting any of the common enchants is the same, as is for uncommon, rare and very rare.

For Swords, Axes, Spades, Hoes, raw fish, blaze rods and music discs:
Common: Smite I and II, Bane of Arthropod I and II, Looting I, Knockback I.
Uncommon: Smite III, BoA III, Knockback II, Unbreaking I, Looting II, Magical Penetration I, Physical Penetration I.
Rare: Smite IV, BoA IV, Fire Aspect I, Unbreaking II, Looting III, Mag. Pen. II, Phys. Pen. II.
Very Rare: Smite V, BoA V, Fire Aspect II, Unbreaking III, Mag. Pen. III, Phys. Pen. III.

Enchanted fish can be obtained via fishing, the same process happens.

For Bows:
Common: Smite I, Smite II, Punch I, BoA I, BoA II, Looting I.
Uncommon: Smite III, Punch II, BoA III, Looting II, Mag Pen I, Phys Pen I, Unbreaking I.
Rare: Smite IV, BoA III, Looting III, Mag Pen II, Phys Pen II, Infinity I, Unbreaking II.
Very rare: Smite V, BoA V, Mag Pen III, Phys Pen III, Unbreaking III, Flame I.

In addition to the new attribute system Items and armour grant Physical/magical damage increases and protection, sharpness replaced with physical penetration. They work the same way as attributes, Physical pen/prot is increased damage/reduced damage from any physical skills and weapon attacks. Magical pen/prot is increases/reduced damage from magical skills.

Physical/Magical Pen. I grants 5% damage increase. Pen. II grants 10% damage increase, Pen. III grants 20% damage increase. (Weapon damage is included in physical pen.)

For Pickaxes, Axes and Spades:
Common: Efficiency I
Uncommon: Eff II, Unbreaking I, Fortune I
Rare: Eff III, Unbreaking II, Fortune II, Aqua Affinity I (Makes more sense for items to have AA than armour I think)
Very rare: Eff IV, Unbreaking III, Fortune III, Silk Touch I

For Armour:
Common: Blast Prot. I, Blast Prot II, Mob Prot I, Feather Falling I, FF. II, Respiration I.
Uncommon: Blast Prot III, Mob Prot III, FF III, Respiration II, Unbreaking I, Thorns I, Magical Prot I, Physical Prot I.
Rare: Blast Prot IV, Mob Prot III, FF IV, Respiration III, Unbreaking II, Thorns II, Mag Prot II, Phys Prot II.
Very rare: Unbreaking III, Thorns III, Mag Prot III, Phys Prot III, Increased Health I.

Increased Health I makes your health increase by 10%.

Mob Protection quite simply gives protection from mobs. Mob Prot I 5% damage reduction, Mob Prot II 10% damage reduction, Mob Prot III 20% damage reduction.

I've often seen people say this server is lacking in the RPG department, well, this certainly gives you a lot to think about, as where your player is concerned: you've got the class itself, the attributes you have chosen, and whatever custom items you're using.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I've no idea what the Devs have in mind for the future of Custom items, so I don't know how feasible any of this is, it's rather extensive, so I doubt it'll be implemented any time soon, but in the future, maybe...

I thought it would be nice if custom items can be found by not just killing mobs, but also in chests in mineshafts, strongholds and dungeons.

Killing mobs:
50% a mob will drop an item on death, 50% chance a mob won't drop an item on death.

60% chance of the item being a tool, 40% chance of the item being armour. (The durability on items would be completely random)

If the item is a tool or weapon(Sword, axe, spade, hoe, pickaxe, music disc, bow)- equal chance of getting any one of these) there's a 15% chance it'll be a diamond item, 5% chance it'll be a gold item, 30% chance it'll be an iron item, 25% chance it'll be a stone item, and a 20% chance it'll be a wooden item)

If the item is a piece of armour(equal chance of getting a helmet, chest, leggings or boots), there's a 15% chance it'll be diamond, a 5% chance it'll be gold, a 25% chance it'll be iron, a 30% chance it'll be chain, and a 25% chance it'll be leather.

(An unidentified item has no special effects, until the enchantment is identified)
Items only have 1 enchantment, but they can be combined the same way you'd normally combine enchanted items: via an anvil. But obviously, there would be very high costs for some.
I was thinking a new skill could be implemented that identifies the enchantments on items, possibly for Enchanter?

If it has been identified, there's a 50% chance it'll be a common enchantment:, a 30% chance it'll be uncommon, a 15% chance it'll be rare, and a 5% chance it'll be very rare.
The chance of getting any of the common enchants is the same, as is for uncommon, rare and very rare.

Uncommon: Smite III, BoA III, Knockback II, Unbreaking I, Looting II, Magical Penetration I, Physical Penetration I.
Rare: Smite IV, BoA IV, Fire Aspect I, Unbreaking II, Looting III, Mag. Pen. II, Phys. Pen. II.
Very Rare: Smite V, BoA V, Fire Aspect II, Unbreaking III, Mag. Pen. III, Phys. Pen. III.

For Bows:
Uncommon: Smite III, Punch II, BoA III, Looting II, Mag Pen I, Phys Pen I, Unbreaking I.
Rare: Smite IV, BoA III, Looting III, Mag Pen II, Phys Pen II, Infinity I, Unbreaking II.

In addition to the new attribute system Items and armour grant Physical/magical damage increases and protection, sharpness replaced with physical penetration. They work the same way as attributes, Physical pen/prot is increased damage/reduced damage from any physical skills and weapon attacks. Magical pen/prot is increases/reduced damage from magical skills.

Physical/Magical Pen. I grants 5% damage increase. Pen. II grants 10% damage increase, Pen. III grants 20% damage increase. (Weapon damage is included in physical pen.)

Rare: Eff III, Unbreaking II, Fortune II, Aqua Affinity I (Makes more sense for items to have AA than armour I think)

For Armour:
Common: Blast Prot. I, Blast Prot II, Mob Prot I, Feather Falling I, FF. II, Respiration I.
Uncommon: Blast Prot III, Mob Prot III, FF III, Respiration II, Unbreaking I, Thorns I, Magical Prot I, Physical Prot I.
Rare: Blast Prot IV, Mob Prot III, FF IV, Respiration III, Unbreaking II, Thorns II, Mag Prot II, Phys Prot II.
Very rare: Unbreaking III, Thorns III, Mag Prot III, Phys Prot III, Increased Health I.

Mob Protection quite simply gives protection from mobs. Mob Prot I 5% damage reduction, Mob Prot II 10% damage reduction, Mob Prot III 20% damage reduction.

I've often seen people say this server is lacking in the RPG department, well, this certainly gives you a lot to think about, as where your player is concerned: you've got the class itself, the attributes you have chosen, and whatever custom items you're using.

Personally I would rather see custom items only come from Dungeons and Boss Mobs - with a very rare chance from a random mob drop. But I would love Enchanters (and possibly other professions) to be able to make their own custom items - and get to pick which enchants to use, and not be random. There should be a higher cost (including material costs), but most custom items should be player created to increase trade and player contact.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

Killing mobs:

For Bows:

For Armour:

No. It would only promote X-Raying even more.

Fun fact : all 3 strongholds were found by the same town this map. Just a coincidence, right? These same people will just X-Ray their way to inventories full of custom items.

1,000 disagrees.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Also, the enchants seem fine, but the more often these drop, the more useless Enchanters become.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
mudflation is the act of introducing droves of varying quality items that drowns the market
Completely agree that it would be to many items coming into the economy. With the amount of drops you were saying @Halizu even if it had 1 durability on whatever item it is a smith has a high chance to keep its enchants on it. Enchanters would then become useless as mob drops would have better enchants like @STDs4YouAnd4Me said.